Marie & Jennifer

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A 27lb turkey, holy huge bird! How do you even cook such a big thing??

I did it, I've been on the treadmill daily since the 10th, doing 30-42mins each time!! My goal is to do it daily since it isn't too strenuous yet, trying to get into a daily routine for life

I never started watching Glee until reruns this summer, then I bought Season one and that's what I'm watching, its pretty good-fun music! Season three just started a few weeks ago.
October 13th, 2011, 06:45 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
It was a huge bird. First I cut out the back bone and wings- they went right into the stock pot. We cooked one breast and two legs for thanksgiving dinner and leftovers (lots of leftovers) and soup. We froze the other breast and used it for Christmas dinner- and more soup and leftovers! It was lots of work, but well worth it.

Good for you getting on that treadmill! I'm proud of you! keep it up!

Lucy is feverish today, just teething I guess. She's been nice and grumpy this evening, so no second workout for me tonight. I usually try to do some yoga on Thurs. evenings b/c I'm off work but hubby is gone. I held miss grump and watched star wars with the kids instead.

Might not be on the computer tomorrow- have a lovely day!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 15th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I hope Lucy's settling down for you, and I think snuggling with kids watching movies is as good for the body as yoga or a run, just stay away from the butter on the popcorn
I didn't work out yesterday or today yet, just can't get in the right frame of mind-I have an assignment I should be working on instead, but I'm working on neither atm
October 21st, 2011, 08:34 PM
Hi, Marie, how has your week been?

Lucy is teething- four molars and two incisors all coming in at once, poor baby, and it's been all week long. She's doing pretty well for the most part, but nursing a lot again. Very frustrating for me, poor baby.

Have you stopped procrastinating yet? What are your plans for the weekend? I'm going to run tomorrow and then rest on Sunday. Mass, dinner with friends, catch up on grocery shopping- it should be a good weekend.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Poor Lucy, I hate teething!

Nolan threw out the basement dvd remote b/c the batteries fell out, and of course its a dvd you need the remote for. Good news is I bought a new one yesterday so my excuses are gone Gonna hop on the treadmill tonight once Joseph's in bed, he's squawking right now so feed then bed!
November 2nd, 2011, 06:28 AM
Hi Marie, how have you been?

We've been doing okay, just haven't had much time on the computer lately.

December 8th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Hi Jennifer!
Bad month, went to Mexico for a week with dh, came back ten lbs heavier, yikes! And I haven't been on the dreaded treadmill more than four times since Oct.

But I did just start a 100 in 100 group on FB with my friends, it starts tomorrow and is done in 14 wks on March 19th, so that's my current goal, to get that 100 miles in! Just some time and motivation and I'll get there!

How have you been?
December 9th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Hi, Marie, your kids are so cute. I always love your siggy pics!

100 miles is totally do-able. You can do it! Starting today, huh? Good luck!

I've been doing well, but this is a tough time of year. Trying to stay upbeat and positive, when I really just want to... well, I don't even know what I really just want to do. Hibernate? Anyway, I'm running every other day and doing other stuff, but not watching my diet at all. I'm back up to around 180, but just going to cruise there for a while, I think. Maybe after the New Year I'll get my mojo back.

December 12th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Hibernating sounds great! That's exactly what I feel like doing, eating a big bowl of stew and having a four month nap, perfect!

Today is the day I will get on that machine once the kids are in bed. Why do I make this so difficult?

This is the biggest nonpg that I've ever been in 38 years and I hate it
December 12th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself... you are at a really difficult season in life with so many little children underfoot. I don't mean that in a condescending way, or to say that your children aren't tremendous blessings- I'm sure you know I don't mean that! I'm just remembering when my oldest was 5, I only had three kids 5 and under and I can say there is NO WAY I would have had the time or energy to workout. It was all I could do to end the day where I began it, KWIM? I tend to focus on the exercise because I enjoy it, but also because with older kids to help I can make it happen. Maybe that's unrealistic for you right now?

the difference between humans and bears is that bears end up skinnier after the long winter... not so for us! LOL! So, I guess hibernation is not such a good idea. I did 7.6 miles today, outside! It was drizzly but just above freezing. Some of the road was real icy, but I'm glad I wasn't stuck on the treadmill. And I'm glad I didn't give up. I actually turned around after about a half mile and was going to turn back because it was "too slick". Then I figured, duh, I could just pay attention and run where I'd get the best traction and walk where it was too icy. Turned my butt back around and went for my full run. Go me.

So, I guess my parting words today are.. don't make excuses, but also don't put unrealistic pressure on yourself. Take good care, Marie. {{hugs}}

December 12th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Awww, what wonderful words at the end of a long, busy day (without exercise!)
Ack, someone's crying, be back quick!
December 12th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Wow, 7.6miles and outside, what an inspiration! And on icy roads, you should be so proud of yourself!!! WTG Jennifer!!!

I dislike exercise, I dislike eating right, guess taking care of myself is really hard, and now I've got five kids on top of that. I've been fighting this battle for 15years now-maybe I need to rethink my plan.
December 27th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Hi, Marie, Merry 3rd day of Christmas! Do you celebrate Boxing Day with presents, or is it more of just a day off work kind of holiday there?

I'm blowing up like a balloon, LOL! I weighed 182 this morning. Yikes! I'm so sugared out, I feel like I want to eat nothing but vegetables for a month!

December 27th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Merry Christmas Jennifer!

Yes, I've also eaten a good portion of sugar over the past few days-had a salad today finally!

Boxing Day is huge for sales up here, sort of like your black friday I think. I went out and got a bunch of good deals yesterday.
DH is off work now until the 3rd, so tomorrow we're leaving for the 9hr drive to the ILs for four nights. More bad eating! DH and I are starting WW online as soon as we get back, first day starts on Jan 3rd!
December 27th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I hope you have good traveling weather.

We're stuck at home, the van is STILL broke down (it can be driven, but I wouldn't trust it) and we have no idea what's wrong with it. The mechanic says it's probably "bad gas" but what can you do about that? The only way to get rid of the gas is to drive it, but it isn't fit to be driven. Very frustrating! Blah, feeling sorry for myself. The weather was yucky here today and has me down. Maybe I need more vitamin D.

I remember you had used WW for a while. It worked well for you, didn't it? You'll have to let me know how it goes.

December 27th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Oh that really bites about your van--can anybody else take a look at it?

Yes, the last time I did WW was in 2007/8 just before we got the twins, I had lost 40lbs on it and dh had lost 140 or so. We really need to do it again, and keep doing it!

Do you know that I have hardly any snow here? Half of it has melted off the lawn, the roads are nearly bare. It rained about ten days ago, but its been near melting since then. I'm hoping this mild weather sticks around another 7 days, just get us there and back easily, please!

Happy New Year's to yourself and your little family!
January 1st, 2012, 08:03 AM
Happy New Year, Marie!!

January 24th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Jennifer
How are things going for you?
I just can't seem to find the time to get things done-if the kids are awake I don't feel they are safe enough for me to be on the treadmill, and once they're asleep I have hrs of school work and student grading to do.
How do you fit it all in??
January 25th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Oh, Marie, that's a tough one. I think I've told you before, there was no way for me to get as much time for myself when I only had little kids. Is there anybody you could call in to watch the kids there at home for an hour a couple times a week? Maybe a local teenager or a neighbor? Maybe the local parish has some teens that would volunteer even. (Our teens were supposed to put in so many volunteer hours for their confirmation prep.) Wish I had some better ideas for you, but I don't. If I were closer, I'd be sending my older kids over. They would have tons of fun playing with so many babies!

February 7th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Oh I love teenaged sitters!
I do have help for about 20hrs a week so I can do the preschools runs and leavfe 3-4kids at home depending on the day, but I usually do appts or run errands. We are looking for a full time nanny. We had one for twelve 8hr days in October and I was actually able to work out at home a few times, she would take care of the kids while I did my thing in the basement. I'm hoping we can get someone in full time soon so I'll have that kind of time to carve out again. The girl I have now is here 20mins before I leave for prek and about 20mins afterwards, so my time alone is spent in the van lol.
I'm so tired of being fat...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search