Marie & Jennifer

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome buddies!

How have you done today?

What is your plan for tomorrow?

Last edited by Just_Marie; September 4th, 2011 at 09:19 AM.
January 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Just to introduce you both, I've known Jennifer from here, we've been buddies before I've known Kelty on the ttc older members board

I am on day 4 of my plan, watching what I eat while feeding a toddler mac n cheese, lol!
January 11th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Marie, I'm picturing myself eating the mac and cheese. I'm making a New Year's resolution NOT to eat my kids' leftovers.

I did great today (of course Day 1 is always great...I burn out in about 2 weeks...) I did the treadmill this AM, started reorganizing the kitchen cabinets (part of my fitness overhaul includes getting my house really organized, too), and stayed well within my point range for the day.

Hey, I'm pretty proud of myself.

My plan for tomorrow is another 2-3 mile walk/jog on the treadmill followed by cleaning the pantry. I only got 5 cups of water in today....I'm sooooo bad at drinking water. Give me coffee...NO PROBLEM... Water? Yeah, not so good. I'll be drinking 3 cups of water before bed. Ugh. At least I know that Max will be getting up at about 2 and I'll go to the bathroom then.

How did your day go Marie? How about you, Jennifer? I'm so excited to have you as buddies. Thank you for "adopting" me!

Oh, and I added a weight loss ticker today. Seems overwhelming. Maybe I should have broken down my "big" goal.

Can;t wait to see how I do tomorrow.

Thanks again for including me!

January 12th, 2010, 01:59 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Hi, Ladies! I don't have a lot of time but wanted to be sure to add the subforum to my favorites so I'd remember to visit.

Kelty, are you doing the WW point system? I've found that organizing my home and making major changes in other areas of my life seem to go hand-in-hand. Any time I need one, I want to do the other, too.

Let's see... today I did a 2-mile walk in 34 min. plus about 5 minutes extra stretching. Since I'm prego I've been making sure to do cat stretches every day, and b/c of sciatica I have to be sure to stretch out my hamstrings daily. I'm not dieting to speak of right now, but having three meals plus 2-3 snacks a day, and trying not to snack in between. Drinking nearly a gallon of water a day, feeding my cravings for fruits and veggies as much as I can.. that's my meal plan in a nutshell. this is the first time I've continued exercising through a pregnancy, so at the same time I feel it helping but I also worry about "overdoing" it.

Kelty, I really look forward to getting to know you better. And, Marie, I'm glad to have you back as my buddy. One of the girls in the July DDC just posted a 65-question GTKY type post... maybe something like that would be fun? I don't know how much you gals are comfy sharing online, but I'm an open book, LOL! If you're interested LMK and I'll go snag it. That's all for now, busy evening tonight having pizza with the hubby and watching Star Trek Voyager episodes from Netflix. Take care, girls!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 12th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer...Great to "meet" you. PG? Congratulations! That is fantastic! You seem to be doing a great job monitoring your intake (especially the water...I was horrible at that). I wasn't allowed to exercise with this last PG. I'm older and they wanted me to make sure I wasn't overdoing it! I also ended up with pre-e so I was on bed rest for the last three weeks of my PG. Talk about NOOOOO physical activity...ugh.

Marie, how is it going for you? This cold weather sometimes makes me just want to sit on the couch instead of get moving. I'm going to head down to work out in about 10 minutes.

I'd do a GTKY thing...I'm not very interesting, though

Well, down to the basement I go...

Have a great day and stay warm!

January 12th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Good evening ladies! Glad you're both up and at it today, I am very impressed!! BTW, how many kids do the three of us have btwn us? Do I count a dozen?!!? LOL! I love it! If the three of us can lose weight with a dozen kids, then anyone can!

We finalized everything today, which is why it took me so long to get on here, we're buying an acreage on Feb 28th! The house is 2200 sqft, plus an unfinished basement-three bedrooms with a huge kitchen, two living rooms, an office, an huge heated garage, a big walk in pantry, and a great laundry room! We are so excited! Now this house needs to sell!

I am on Day 5 of my plan and I've lost 7lbs since Christmas! And I've lost 2" on my waist! I'm working hard at drinking my water and decaf tea, really watching portion sizes and watching my carb and fat intake. We leave for Mexico in just over 3 weeks, so I'm very motivated!

Jennifer, I'd love the gtky questions-bring it on!

Have a great evening, and I'll be on checking on you both in the morning!
M
January 13th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Okay, here's some gtky... I'm making this up, btw... the one on the other board was from facebook and pretty generic. Feel free to answer as vaguely as you want or skip any questions alltogether.

How old are you?
When is your birthday?
Are you married? DH/SO's name and age?
Kid's names and ages?
Where did you grow up?
Where do you live now?
What are your fitness/weight loss goals?
What is your plan for accomplishing your goals?
Any other personal goals for this year?
What time of day do you usually work out?
What is your favorite workout? Least favorite?
Describe a typical breakfast. Lunch. Dinner.
Is dieting hard for you?
Do you enjoy exercising?
Do you have a "reward" planned for when you meet your goal?
How do you think having a buddy (actually, a couple of buddies) will help you?
Give five words to describe your personality.
Is there anything else you want to share?

I'll post my answers in a minute- I've got to go make sure the kids are eating b'fast.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Last edited by jhmomofmany; January 13th, 2010 at 09:21 AM.
January 13th, 2010, 09:36 AM
How old are you? 33
When is your birthday? Nov. 12
Are you married? DH/SO's name and age? married 14.5 years; DH's name is Chuck and he is almost 35
Kid's names and ages? Robert, 14; Raechel, 13; Daniel, 10; Joseph, 8; Thomas, almost 6; Mary Mae 2; we have a daughter, Hope, stillborn at 36 weeks and Baby-In-Utero due July 4th
Where did you grow up? Oklahoma
Where do you live now? upper Michigan, close to Lake Superior
What are your fitness/weight loss goals? Ultimately, my goal is to get to a size 8 and of course be healthy. In the short term, my goal is to maintain the habit of exercise and not gain too much fat, and have a healthy baby.
What is your plan for accomplishing your goals? I exercise nearly every day, mixing up cardio, strength training, yoga, and stretching. I eat 3 meals and at least 2 snacks per day, trying to make sure what I eat is real food and not junk, mostly plants but also plenty of meats and healthy fats. It's a "non-plan" really.
Any other personal goals for this year? Not really.
What time of day do you usually work out? late morning until just after noon
What is your favorite workout? Least favorite? I really enjoy strength training- when I manage to get my body fat low enough, I'm gonna be ripped! My least favorite is the exercise bike- BORING!!
Describe a typical breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. breakfast: coffee, oatmeal w/ fruit and nuts, juice or another piece of fruit; lunch: I don't plan this one too well, usually noodles, sandwiches, always try to include veggies and fruit or at least v8 juice; dinner: side meat, 3 veggies, whole grain.
Is dieting hard for you? Yes! Getting easier, but I was such a sugar addict for a long time, I still really crave junk I know is toxic.
Do you enjoy exercising? almost always
Do you have a "reward" planned for when you meet your goal? for me, reaching the goal IS the reward.
How do you think having a buddy (actually, a couple of buddies) will help you? I don't have many friends IRL and nobody to work out with me or keep me accountable. DH is technically supportive w/o being really interested if that makes sense. (I'm working on him, though!)
Give five words to describe your personality. friendly (but in a quiet kind of way), loyal, reliable, stubborn, patient (sorta)
Is there anything else you want to share? I'm a big girl, 6'0" and weighed around 200 pounds before this pregnancy. I lost a little more than 20 pounds after Mary was born, but gained back about 10 of it for whatever reason. I'm a size 14 in most jeans. I weigh myself once a month or less. I think that's all.

January 13th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I love this!

How old are you? 36
When is your birthday? July 29th
Are you married? DH/SO's name and age? married 6 years to Jeremy, 30
Kid's names and ages? Nolan 3y, Arthur and Theodore 10 months
Where did you grow up? Alberta, Canada
Where do you live now? same, a few hours further
What are your fitness/weight loss goals? 52lbs in 52 weeks, from a current 16 into a size 10 by next New Years
What is your plan for accomplishing your goals? clean eating and exercise
Any other personal goals for this year? take a photography course
What time of day do you usually work out? evenings once the kids are in bed
What is your favorite workout? Least favorite? I hate abs and legs, tolerate arms
Describe a typical breakfast. Lunch. Dinner.-I'll do a separate post for this alter
Is dieting hard for you? yes
Do you enjoy exercising? not at all
Do you have a "reward" planned for when you meet your goal? new jeans!!
How do you think having a buddy (actually, a couple of buddies) will help you? makes me come here every day, is an excellent motivator to be accountable to two other people!
Give five words to describe your personality. shy, quiet, quietly motivated, wonderful mommy, bit of procrastinator
Is there anything else you want to share?I lost 35lbs on WW last year, adopted twins and gained 20 of it back. My big goal is to get to goal weight by next year, so I need to stay focused. I am so glad we're doing this!

Last edited by Just_Marie; January 13th, 2010 at 12:35 PM.
January 13th, 2010, 12:39 PM
How is the day going for you ladies? I took Nolan to preschool this morning and the twins and I ran uptown to the banks to pay our deposit on our new house! I am so excited to have more space for the boys to play outside!

I am on day 6 of plan, today feels good, I'm filling up on tea right now to keep the snackies away
January 13th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OK, let me start by saying we are the GREATEST buddies, already! And, for me, it's only been two days with you guys We're going to reach our goals. We all live "close enough" to eachother that we COULD come and knock some sense into eachother!

Before I start, and you'll see this info later, but, I have to say that I am SHOCKED to see the names of your children Jennifer. Seriously....

OK, here it goes

How old are you? 42...the elder of our group
When is your birthday? 7/11/67
Are you married? DH/SO's name and age? Yes, DHs name is Pete
Kid's names and ages? Josef (Joey, 14), Thomas (11), Robert (Robbie, 9), and Maximillian (Max, 16 weeks). If your baby is a boy, Jennifer, I think you're going to need to name him Max. Freaky that we have boys with the same names, isn't it?!?!?!?! AMAZING! (I'm easily amazed )
Where did you grow up? Wisconsin
Where do you live now?Wisconsin
What are your fitness/weight loss goals? I want to get back to my "normal" weight before I turned "40". I need the clothes in my closet to fit again (and not my fat jeans)
What is your plan for accomplishing your goals? WW plan and working out at least 4 times a week.
Any other personal goals for this year? Organizing my house from top to bottom.
What time of day do you usually work out? Whenever I can find the time...MUCH more difficult with Max. I say "treadmill" an he starts to fuss.
What is your favorite workout? Least favorite? I can handle any workout if I'm not bored. The treadmill is great if I can find a great TV show to watch. Once I get started, I'm fine. It's getting started that seems to be a problem. I HATE HATE HATE lunges.
Describe a typical breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. Depends on the day...Breakfast- low cal toast, coffee and egg substitute Lunch - Low cal bread, some type of healthy"sandwich filler" (meat, cheese, egg, etc...) and soup Dinner- WW meal and veggies
Is dieting hard for you? YES, more than you will ever know. I hate it
Do you enjoy exercising?It's OK
Do you have a "reward" planned for when you meet your goal? I will. I just don't know what it will be yet.
How do you think having a buddy (actually, a couple of buddies) will help you? I need you guys. I'm very good being motivated and sticking to things if I'm being held accountable.
Give five words to describe your personality. silly, emotional, loving, loyal, trustworthy (Oh my gosh, I sound like I'm a dog!) My descriptive words change every day, depending on my mood!
Is there anything else you want to share? I'm soooo looking forward to this journey! My 25 year reunion is coming up this year. I want to be back in shape again.

January 15th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Darn, we lost everything from yesterday (Jan. 14) so if either of you had big news posted last night I didn't see it.

Normal day here today- lots of laundry, lots of housework, lots of cooking, and I work tonight... going to do weight training for shoulders and arms, plus some prenatal yoga if I have time. Might throw in a fast mile if I feel like it. It is supposed to be mostly sunny and a warm 35* (that's just above 1 but not quite 2 for those of us in Canada ) so I'm hoping I can send the kids out for a good long time and get in a good workout.

Have a lovely day, Buddies.

January 15th, 2010, 07:14 AM
and all of my posts I made were last night!

Have a great day! I wish it were warm, its just about melting point again today, good b/c I've got to go install a fourth carseat into the van

So here's the thing The twins have a bio sister who is 10 months older than them named Elizabeth. I've seen a picture once, but never met her, hardly hear from the bio grandparents, but we send pictures often. Today I get an email from grandma saying bio parents are divorcing, Elizabeth might be at risk of harm, she's living with grandparents and hardly sees bio parents anyhow. She asks if Elizabeth can come for a "visit" from this Saturday until we fly to Mexico on Feb 5th. Of course we said yes, they gave us the most amazing gift in the world, the least we could do for them is provide Elizabeth a home for a few weeks to keep her safe until??? They live 7 hours away-grandma will spend Saturday night with her and leave on Sunday. We're not sure where this will lead, but I'm not looking too far ahead, as far as I know, she's just here for a visit and that's it for now-we'd love to adopt her, we've been praying this might come up.

Sunday, I'll be responsible for a 39 month old, a 21 month old, and two 11 month olds-crazy, lol!
January 15th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Wow, four kids age 3 and under... you are going to have so much fun! Srsly, I think it is awesome of you to step in like that... sounds like Elizabeth really needs somebody to love her right now. I hope everything will go smoothly for your family while she is "visiting".

Well, I got my workout in for today: 60 minutes weights for shoulders and arms; 30 minute 2-mile walk; 16 minutes kegels and stretching. Decided not to do a 45-minute yoga session seeing as how I have to work tonight and my arms feel like lead, LOL! I skimped on lunch and I have a feeling by this evening I'll be regretting it. It's pathetic that I work at a grocery store and can't find stuff to have a decent dinner! I don't like to use a microwave, and even the Healthy Choice frozen dinners are way high in sodium and contain MSG. I usually end up having something like whole-grain crackers, maybe a packet of tuna, and whatever I can find from the produce section that can be eaten out of hand.

I may not be able to check in over the weekend, so just in case... I hope you guys behave yourselves.

January 15th, 2010, 10:47 AM
wow-great workout Jennifer! Have a nice weekend!

Kelty, where are you??
January 16th, 2010, 08:06 AM
good morning ladies! I hope your Saturday is going well so far!

Elizabeth is coming today! I can't wait to see what she looks like! I went out shopping last night, and I can't wait to be able to buy little girl clothes! And we're having some great sales here right now, I could probably buy her an entire wardrobe covering the next 3 years for $100! And DH said we can spoil her while she's here, lol!
At Costco yesterday I did buy her a little Carter's outfit and pj's-I have pink in my house!!!

I'm on day 1 of maintenance, so I get to eat more and exercise today, not sure if I will get exercise in, but I'll try today before they get here, at least some stretching or maybe the Wii.
January 18th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Girls, I had a really long weekend. One of the ladies at the store is having a family emergency so I had to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Four of the children were sick all night Friday, and last night was Mary's turn so I was up all night with her. I hate, hate, hate it when the kids are vomiting b/c DH cannot deal with it at all. Just the *sound* of somebody throwing up makes him feel sick, so there's no chance of him being able to help. So even though everybody seems fine (for now) my butt is gonna be dragging today! I'm still going to get in some exercise, though... gotta do the lunges for New Year New You, and then probably something easier like one of my Sansone walks. Then I'm taking a nap! Oh, and DH's truck broke down today just because that's the way life is going for us right now, LOL!

Marie, I'll be thinking about you today, hope everything goes well with meeting Elizabeth. I bet you'll have fun having a little girl around for a while.

Kelty, echoing Marie... where are ya?

January 18th, 2010, 08:36 PM
All is going pretty smoothly here. I hope you're feeling more rested, Jennifer. Kelty, hellllooooooooooooooooo out there!

The kids are getting along, everyone's eating, sleeping, drinking, and pooing, all is well here!

Diet wise, I'm having some trouble getting back on track. We did up a big turkey dinner on Saturday for when Elizabeth and gp's arrived, we ate leftovers on Sunday, and I just can't seem to get back on track today. Tomorrow I will get back on my eating plan. We leave for Mexico in 18 days, whoah! I need to get back on track now!
January 19th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Well, I did nothing yesterday- ended up not feeling well. I never actually got sick, but it felt like my tummy was uncomfortably full even though I seriously didn't eat anything more yesterday than half a bowl of oatmeal in the a.m. and a small cup of potato soup in the p.m. Instead of exercising I took a 3-hour nap with some of the kids while the others watched a movie. Thankfully, everybody seems to be back to normal today. Today I will do some leg routine and then cardio.

I hope you ladies are having a good day today.

January 19th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I'm glad you're all doing better today, Jennifer.

I am being very aware of what I am eating, and really enjoying the small cheats I am having. I am back on my eating plan 100% on the 25th for eight day, so I'm enjoying the little break right now.

Boy, having four kids is hard, lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search