Looking for a buddy..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2010, 08:31 PM
teacherinlove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello there! I am looking for a buddy to chat with and obtain our goals together.

~Marissa~

July 17th, 2010, 09:47 AM
plumtickled's Avatar Mama to four
Hi there!! I' looking or a buddy too....

I'm looking to lose about 40-50lbs. and may start on either Weight Watchers or Sommersizing. Not sure yet.....

And am getting my treadmill dusted off..... and those videos too!

I'm in school and am studying to be a teacher..... I noticed your JM ID, are you a teacher?

Let me know.... and we'll see what we can do for each other!!

Judi

Thank you Brooke16 for my sweet Siggy!

July 17th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Hi!

I have considered weight watchers too! I am going to look into it a bit more, I have a recipe book but am unsure about actually paying for an online account. I am looking to lose about 30 - 35 lbs. Yes, I am a third grade teacher and love it! Right now I am on summer break . Thats great to hear you are going to school for teaching!

I am not sure how we would want to go about this buddy system? What is your workout routine going to be?

Right now, I am on day three of the 30 day shred and I jog for 20 minutes, do 4 sets of high knees and 5 sets of stairs. Let me tell you, my legs are so sore!! But, I like the effect it is having on me for energy. I am cutting out soda and drinking 64 oz of water a day. Also, I cut off my eating after 8 PM and have been watching my portions. People have told me they lose weight just by doing the last three things so, fingers are crossed here! I did lose 15 lbs when I did the 30 day shred about 3 or 4 months ago and my husband said he noticed a difference, so, who knows?!

Here to a great start!!

~Marissa~

July 18th, 2010, 02:20 PM
WOW.... the Shread, huh? I'm pretty sure I'd keel over just watching the intro to that one! lol!

I've been trying to come up with something that is realistic for me as I know that if I go all gung ho, I'll quit. So, I think I'll get on my treadmill starting at 30 minutes and then work my way to a longer time. I'm shooting at about 5 times a week..... just depends I guess. I also have a couple of work out videos that include dancing that I think my five year old will like to do with me during the baby's naptime. I have a super old video called "Tonetics" that Redbook put out a hundred years ago that I like to do and did years and years ago. It's all toning and easy to follow. I want to try Yoga too. Basically, I'm wanting to do cardio five times a week and a workout video maybe 3x a week. We'll see....

As far as eating goes..... I love it. I love to cook and bake and it's hard to break those kitchen habits..... but I gues I gotta! lol! I asked the "skinny girls" DDC to tell me what they eat in a day and it sounds like they just eat three meals.... small meals and stay away from carbs. So.... I dunno. I did WW last year and liked that act I could eat whatever I wanted, I just had to count. I found it to be a pain after while..... easy when you buy pre-packed food but when you make a meal.... it's a pain.

Anyhoo..... I'm starting tomorrow. Tell me how you want to work the buddy thing. Do you want to just contact each other everyday to discuss what we've done or plan to do? Let me know and we'll get it GOING ON!!

July 18th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't mind coming on here every day [or whenever it is possible] and saying how our day went and what our food intake was and what we plan for tomorrow. What do you think?

~Marissa~

July 18th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Sounds good to me!! I'm drinking my last Dr. Pepper tonight..... I may cry a little.

I hope your day goes great for you tomorrow.....

See you then!

July 19th, 2010, 03:50 PM
The morning went fairly well, I was able to do my dvd before taking my son to swim lessons. After that, I sorta went down hill I took my son to see toy story 3 and bought popcorn and a soda . Oh well, I came home and had a salad but still, I am upset at myself for having the soda.

Whats for dinner? I believe we are having tamales, beans, and rice. I have a hard time with meals because my husband is very anti healthy

~Marissa~

July 19th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Oh.... don't be too hard on yourself. It could have been worse..... just get up tomorrow and start again.

I sipped and shared a bowl of 'Aunt Rosemary's Dessert'.... you don't want to know'....... with the baby. I felt pretty crappy for giving in but in comparison to what I would normally do, it's not too bad.

I have a hard time with suppers too. I have two teenaged sons who eat tons of food and a husband that works his rear off so I feel as though a salad or something light just won't cut it. I have eaten Lean Cuisine's before instead of supper so I could keep up with points when I did WW and found them to be really handy. I just had a hard time eating it when everyone else is chowing down on whatever I cooked. I'm really giving this some thought...... sometimes easy should win out. lol!

I did get on the treadmill tonight and almost died..... and I mean it! I didn't think I was sOOOOooOOo out of shape. RUDE AWAKENING! I did it though and lived and plan to do it again tomorrow night too. I want to shoot for a DVD too... I didn't get to it today. BOOooooOOo!

I think we're doing good. I didn't drink any soda today.... Yay me! That's a huge hurdle. Maybe we should pick one thing at a time to achieve? Mine would be Dr. Pepper.

July 20th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Good job on getting on the treadmill! I felt horrible the first day I worked out, on my gosh was it an eye opener!!

Giving up Soda is extremely hard! I stopped drinking rootbeer, I used to be a big pepsi drinker, until we started trying to get pregnant, and I stopped caffeine cold turkey. YUck! I am a coffee drinker so, that was extremely hard! I think making your goal to not drink soda is an excellent goal.

I did my daily shred and then jogged while in town, my son rode his bike, but it was only for 15 minutes. I am going to try it again tomorrow, but a little earlier and with two boys so, we will see how it goes.

I have a hard time eatting something different form everyone else too.. My husband is a real meat and potatoes type of guy and I feel it is unfair to just switch things up on him. He will eat a salad on occasion and veggies when I force him to for the boys

We [husband and I] are taking a multi-vitamin so, thats one step in the right direction.

One thing I am working on is not eating after 8PM, it is a real struggle for me. I often times will not eat all day, but then eat right before bed. I have been doing good since I started my workout goals [last Wednesday, 07/14] but its a hard habit to break.

~Marissa~

July 26th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Hey there!! I haven't been able to get on or a while.... sorry! I didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about you..... I've had so much going on this last week. I'm really glad it's over.... phew!

I haven't been getting on my stupid treadmill either.... but will tonight. Bluh! I found out why I've been waking up with a headache and keeping it till I go to bed. I woke up with a blood vessel broken in my eye.... just a little one thank goodness but enough to make me look into it. I added everything and took my blood pressure to find out it was up a good bit. That kinda freaked me out a bit and now, my diet and exercise is a bit more important to me than it was just a few days ago.

So.... I signed up for WW online today too. I would rather go to meetings but I can't due to the fact that I have a class on Monday nights and won't be able to make them. So, I thought I would do the next best thing. I signed up for the three month plan...... I think it will help me alot.

Anyhoo.... I just wanted to check in to say hi and to see how your diet & exercise is coming along. Type with you soon.... lol!

Judi

July 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
No worries!

I have actually been out of town. I will post more later on, but I just wanted to let you know I still here.

~Marissa~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search