Need a Buddy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Fist Pumping Champ
I have about 40 lbs I want to lose. I'm doing WW Online and P90 workout DVDs (his diet was just WAY too strict). Need someone to be accountable to since I allow myself to cheat...

May 2013 July 2014
March 27th, 2011, 12:05 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I keep forgetting about this subforum! I am going to post something in the main to direct people up here! Hopefully we'll find you a buddy doing something similar

March 28th, 2011, 11:11 AM
LindsayMom09
Hi there! I am looking for a buddy too, but I don't think I am planning to doing p90! Are you looking for someone who is trying to lose weight in the same way as yourself, of just someone looking to also lose weight? I really want someone who will share daily what they eat, amount of excercise done, maybe pics etc.

If you want someone who's also doing p90, I hope you find a buddy!
March 28th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Fist Pumping Champ
No, just someone looking to lose weight I just need someone to call me out when I feel like cheating and making excuses for myself. I need that accountability

May 2013 July 2014
March 28th, 2011, 03:18 PM
LindsayMom09
Awww then I'll be you're buddy! Feel free to tell me when you feel like being naughty hehe. Will you share pics with me?

Today I sorted through a ton of old clothes (since we're moving) and woah, I couldn't believe the amount of stuff that don't fit me anymore! It was so depressing actually. Two of my favourite dresses are now hung up on my bedroom door as if to say "if you feel like cheating, remember how good you looked in me" So that's gonna be the basis of my inspiration. Have you started trying to lose weight yet?? I started today - but not very successfully hehe!
March 28th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
I tried today but AF came so now THAT'S my newest excuse The good thing about AF is that I get so bloated that I don't really feel hungry. The bad thing is that even though I'm not hungry I crave potato chips and soda. So bad

I hate going through my clothes. I did it once and gave everything to my mother. She's a size 8-10. The nerve of her to be skinnier than her 20-years-younger daughter.

I have DH's cousin's wedding coming up in July and I want to lose weight for it. Maybe I should get a dress in a size 12 (I'm a size 14/16 usually - 16 comfortably, 14 if I'm having a good week and suck it in) and just hang it where I'd see it every day... I need something.

How much weight are you trying to lose overall? I'm at 181-184 now. It keeps yo-yoing up and down. I have broad shoulders though so I can probably pull off more weight without it being obvious. Ideally, I'd like to get to 135-140 lbs.

And here are my most recent pics -

Me and my cousin

This is probably my most recent (early February maybe?) I'm 3rd from the right

May 2013 July 2014
March 29th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Jen1409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jen1409
I use loseit.com to keep myself accountable. I'm looking to lose 40-50 lbs and am currently using a variety of jillian michael dvds. I would love a buddy too
March 29th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Fist Pumping Champ
You're more than welcome to be our buddy

I never checked out loseit.com. I use MyFitnessPal on my phone but I forget to check in sometimes.

May 2013 July 2014
March 29th, 2011, 12:05 PM
LindsayMom09
Oh man when AF is here I just wanna eat, eat, eat! Chocolate, crisps...crisps are a huge weakness for me I started this yesterday and I already feel like giving up. I think I just love my food way too much to ever be thin...

Well right now I'm at 179 and I really want to get down to 120! I know I have a long way to go and feeling like giving up now is a BAD sign but seriously, tonight I just wanted to order Chinese takeout and say screw it

This is me taken just tonight for the purpose of this post. I despise my arms and oh gosh, just every part of me in all honesty. My weight is affected everything I do in such a negative way. My confidence is at an all time low.

I need to do this now or I don't think I ever will!

*EDIT* I meant to add that you hold you're weight really well! You look great actually. Unfortunately for me I'm 5ft 2" and every single pound shows up on me
March 29th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Scotticka's Avatar Veteran
I'm 10 weeks PP and I'm trying to lose the baby weight. We can help each other! I'm 141 and trying to get down to my pre-preg weight of 110, LONG way to go! I just want to fit into my regular clothes again. I'm sick of wearing leggings and maternity pants. I have been using Loseit.com to track exercise and calories.
March 30th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Fist Pumping Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayMom09 View Post
*EDIT* I meant to add that you hold you're weight really well! You look great actually. Unfortunately for me I'm 5ft 2" and every single pound shows up on me

Thanks but trust me, I think it's the black shirt and the dark jeans that hid the weight. I carry it all in my belly and look 5 months pregnant. Plus, I have broad shoulders and wide hips so I think it's easier for me to hide it. I just want to hide it. I want to get rid of it

I'm going to take pics and post them later - have to take the little one to the pediatrician for her well-baby today. But I weighed in this morning and I'm 179.8. I hope to STAY under 180 for once since I keep bouncing back and forth. I also got 8 hours of sleep last night for the first time in months. Usually I'm up all night studying/cleaning. I think getting to sleep at a decent hour actually helps with the weight loss. Go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotticka View Post
I'm 10 weeks PP and I'm trying to lose the baby weight. We can help each other! I'm 141 and trying to get down to my pre-preg weight of 110, LONG way to go! I just want to fit into my regular clothes again. I'm sick of wearing leggings and maternity pants. I have been using Loseit.com to track exercise and calories.

Good luck to you! I'm sure you'll be back in your regular clothes in no time

May 2013 July 2014
March 30th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMama View Post
You're more than welcome to be our buddy

I never checked out loseit.com. I use MyFitnessPal on my phone but I forget to check in sometimes.
I like it because it goes into the RED when you go over your calories and stays green when your still good.
April 1st, 2011, 08:56 AM
Fist Pumping Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen1409 View Post
I like it because it goes into the RED when you go over your calories and stays green when your still good.
You know what's funny, I had the application downloaded on my phone but I never realized that I could use it from the computer as well so I never bothered

So I weighed in this morning at 178. I accomplished my goal of getting into the 170s for April. Now I hope to GET to 170 at the end of the month. If I hit the 160s it'd be amazing but I doubt I'm going to accomplish that goal. Need to go out and buy myself a pair of new sneakers soon so I can start running/walking a lot more when the weather gets nicer. (Even though at this rate, it looks like it's going to be snowing in June... )

Sorry I didn't get to take the updated pics yet - I wasn't around the last two days. I'll try to take them sometime today if the monkey will give me 5 minutes of peace...

May 2013 July 2014
April 5th, 2011, 07:28 AM
how's everyone doing?
April 5th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
I cheated with one meal over the weekend and made the mistake of jumping on the scale the next morning. I was up 2 lbs and was so down in the dumps that I wanted to eat a bag of potato chips. I didn't though. Jumped right back on the bandwagon. I'm still pretty upset about it though

May 2013 July 2014
April 7th, 2011, 09:21 AM
we all need cheat days so don't beat yourself up too bad. I had ice cream for dinner last night, it was just one of those days
June 18th, 2011, 12:43 PM
LindsayMom09
Ladies!!!

I have been neglecting my weight loss buddies, I'm sorry I haven't checked in such a long time.

On a better note, I have lost 4lbs!!! I joined a weight loss group and have been sticking to the regime pretty well. I just need to introduce some excercise into my plan...right now I'm so unfit! Anyone else? How's everyone else getting on?? What are you guys eating and so on? Any cheat days?

Today has been a "cheat day" actually for me I ate much more chocolate than I should have, but AF is here so I'm going to blame that and put it past me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search