Hkystar & Mischief!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2011, 03:05 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
Hello! Sorry for the late response - and just a warning, I probably wont be able to respond again until after Wedns next week. (Things have been SO crazy. Finals are this week and I still have to edit up all these papers that are due. Where did the time go ahhhhhhhh)
Babysitting went well - the toddler girl was much better on Friday. Caleb was easier to take care of too. Made babysitting easy - but I was hoping since it was during nap time I would get a lot of HW done but that was NOT the case AT ALL. Caleb woke up and once I got caleb back to sleep Emily woke up. Oh well, better luck next week!

How are you donig? Are you feeling better? I hope the Zofran has been helping!

May 4th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
the zofran is amazing. It works really quick and I am calling it my magic pill. But I am trying to only use it sporadicly. I have done great about eating all day and then I get home at night and feel like I am starving (after being fine all day). But I am working on eating something filling for dinner.

I have done great with water... 3 days of 8 cups of water in my day!

How are things going for you?

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

May 4th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Things are great for me! School is over and I am finally care free! I am hoping to start spending a lot more time making sure I walk. I am not going to lie - I have not been working out AT ALL. (Or drinking my water - yikes) I really need to start working on that ASAP. I am going to make sure to walk tomorrow! I really need cardio! I have been eating sort of healthy though. Getting my fruits in! I normally eat an apple and have a salad a day.
I had my bradley classes last night and that was so much fun. I am excited to see what the course will do for me. I will have to do those excersizes the book says. I really need to start remembering to do kegel exersizes!

May 5th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I havent had the energy for exercise but I have been eating GREAT the last week and day 4 of getting enough water! I am proud of myself.

Hooray for school being done. How prepared do you feel for baby? We have Lamaze starting next Tuesday! I am excited.

May 6th, 2011, 12:48 PM
That is great! I do not know much about Lamaze... Do you have to take a bunch of classes for it like Bradley? My instructor sort of talked about lamaze... I didn't really learn much on it because she was 100% biased lol.
Congrats on the water! I have been averageing 3 a day. That doesn't sound good, and I know I need to push myself harder, but that IS good for what it USED to be. But like I said before, I havn't been working on it as much as I would like to. But I will def start putting more effort into it.

I just ordered a new prenatal yoga DVD. I am really excited to get it. I actually sort of wrote up a work out plan I am going to try and stick to. I would like to do my yoga everyday except the weekend (along with my daily excersizes that we were assigned in the bradley class) and walk outdoors with DH every Tues and Thurse. (Unless it is raining or something) Not for the excersize aspect, but to get the heck out of the house! I realize not too far from now I wont be able to do much. My belly is really getting out of hand lol.

May 6th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our class is 2.5 hours a week for 4 weeks. The only reason we arent taking a bradley method class is bf's schedule. He doesnt have a traditional weekend so I have to work with that. And the classes here we couldnt find a time that would work for him every week. I looked into hypnobirthing too but that class was a few weeks long and never on the same night. Since we both have to go to every class, and the private classes for $600 (way too much for us).

I had a miserable dr apt. I have to figure out how to fix my head after that apt. I was so proud of myself for how I was eating this week and feel like I failed somehow.

I ate well today and got in my 8 cups of water again. I am just gonna keep going on my plan and try to figure my head out.

May 13th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Wait what happened at the apt? Why do you feel like a failure? You sound like you are doing a GREAT job!
I just had an apt as well... I am up to 134lbs. Watching the numbers rise make me really nervous.

ALTHOUGH my new yoga CD came in the other day. I did an hour of yoga on Thurs and did 30 min of yoga and 30 min of cardio today. I wont work out on weekends, so I am happy to say that it is already Friday LOL! I feel like I am starting really late in the game, but I NEED to keep up with it. My bradley instructor is hassling us to get our butts working out for the baby. (I feel like I am doing it for myself a little bit though)
At least you found a class that works with your schedule. Have you thought of doing hypnobabies home study course? I guess it is too late now that you have signed up for other classes, but that could of been a posibility. I think any method works fine. I believe you end up doing what YOUR body wants to do during labor, not what your instructor said. The classes just help you prepare. So no matter what class you get, its good you are taking them

Although my Bradley class has been helpful with my diet. Surprisingly it has changed my diet to the extreme. I now make sure to eat as much protein as I can, and since protein makes me less hungry, its almost HARD to eat. They give us this pink sheet that maybe I can copy and give it to you. I still eat just about 2000 calories, but somehow I get 100 protein, my fruits, veggies, milk products, vit c, fats, and grains in all at once! So let me know if I could possibly make a copy and get it you. (Incase your class didn't give you one)

May 16th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am back now. It was a LONG weekend but a good one.

My last apt was really just rough. I got repremanded for gaining 6 pounds in one week. I did some math on that and its impossible given my food intake and stomach size. It was mostly water retention, and when I weighed in this past friday I was down a pound. So I am not as stressed anymore. I have to watch my diet though now since he did find a gallstone (which explains a lot of the post eating thorwing up). The zofran has been amazing. I am drinking all water now (and dont need coke at all).

My eating is so much better right now, and I do feel a lot better. I need t oget a little more exercise in. I am ready to start walking in the evenings for maybe 30-45 mins. I did a 5K this past saturday and have determined that running is no longer a good idea. I ran 1 out of the 3 miles and that was hard. Yoga on sunday was hard. We had a different instructor and she spent most of the class opening our hips.

Baby shower is over, family will leave tomorrow, and I will be able to resume my normal life.

How was your weekend?

May 17th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Glad to hear things are looking up for you That is always a good sign! It is always stressful when things get out of the normal schedule but at least it is all settling down now.
My weekend was a pretty lazy weekend. Sat me and DH went to babies r us and target to get our registries out of the way. So now that is one less thing to do! On Sun we literally sat inside and didn't open the front door to our apartment except twice: to get the newspaper and to answer the door when the chinese delivery had arrived. DH needed a weekend like that and I am always happy to be lazy with him xD

May 24th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its been kinda just busy lately. I am trying to keep my morning sickness under control and the diet changes seem to have helped with the gall stone. Some days are just better than others. I am trying to find energy to walk but lately I feel like I am just swamped with all the baby prep classes and such that eevn in my free time I just need to sleep. Its hardwork carrying the watermelon around 24/7!

My diet has been pretty good. I checked in at 1 pound gain at my 33 week apt (compared to my 31 week apt). That means 21 pounds gained. If I can keep it on that trajectory I will be good! I dont feel like I am gaining in places I shouldnt. Its all her!

How are you doing diet/exercise wise? How is baby prep going?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search