Hkystar & Mischief!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Mischief Managed's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
So this shall be our buddy thread!
Go team!

Please share what excersize, and healthy meals, daily!

I am hoping this can help us stay motivated to keep on doing excersizes/cardio (also eat healthy) I really would like to watch my weight this pregnancy. Three years ago I lost 30+lbs after nearly 8 months of dieting and excersize. I ended up being 107, which is VERY unhealthy, and gained some weight back. I ended up being 116 pre-preg and I don't want this pregnancy to make me gain all my weight that I worked so hard to lose back.
I just want to stay fit, and I am glad I have found a buddy who wants to stay fit just like me! (and help motivate me)

Since we are pretty much as far along as eachother, maybe we can even be buddies post baby so we can get rid of all that baby weight!

April 18th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I started things last christmas topping my highest weight at 250. I got serious and from last april to oct I lost 40-50 lbs. I got a baby as a reward. So far I have only gained 13lbs and that has been in the last month or 2.

I miss running (I can jog but cant push myself to the same level of exercise). I am looking forward to getting back to that (I am even getting a jogging stroller to take baby with me!).

I did good today in terms of eating. I ate my salad for lunch, 1 fruit as a snack and 1 veggie as a snack. I am going to finish the night drinking water and hold out on my night snack for as long as i can. (no ice cream! just a single serving of cereal)

No exercise today, but i plan to get out and walk tomorrow! (or else I will do step if the weather is not so good)

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

April 19th, 2011, 07:36 PM
How did you do today? (And how are you feeling?)

I walked a mile today with DH. We went around the neighborhood, so that is mostly down hill one part and mostly up hill the other.
I am not going to lie, I didn't do very well with food though! We went out to a Steakhouse for lunch (oops)

April 19th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did very good eating wise. I am working on my water intake this week. I got 4 glasses in. I got 5 servings of fruits/veggies and staying under my maintainence calories and felt good about the diet today.

I did 30 mins of low speed step aerobics in front of the tv (but that was a challenge). I am just exhausted today. I am going to bed a little early tonight.

Did you enjoy the walk with dh? (mentally I am drained, bf is in the middle of a 60 hour work week and I havent seen him for more than 20 mins in a week )

April 19th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I am sorry, that has to be so hard! There was a time (a year ago actually) where I was only able to see DH - who was my fiance at the time - Weekends, for nearly 6 months! I can only imagine how tough that must be for you... And for your bf, all that work can get stressful. I know Nate stresses out over a 40 hour day week! lol
I hope things get better! For you, your bf, and your brain!

I am mentally drained as well... School has been killing me. I can't wait for it all to be over so I can just move on! And actually enjoy my day rather then doing HW while sitting on the computer. (I like sitting on the computer only - not doing HW during haha)

The walk was well... We have to stop a few times for me to catch my breat - and we walk pretty slow. I am thinking after a week of it I will start getting my breath together etc. I just am not used to it!
What aerobic video do you watch?

And yikes - I REALLY need to work on my water too... I think on average I drink 1-2 cups a day - if that. I know, its horrible! I did drink about 3 glasses today though. That is another challenge we can share together

Yikes - I just typed a lot haha

April 20th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually just put on the regular tv and just step up and down on my aerobic step. I started doing it before baby while watching biggest loser. I went for a period where I just couldnt sit and watch tv. I felt like I had too much pent up energy. So I would do chores around the house. But I wanted to watch biggest loser (to get tips and inspiration). That first lead to jumping jacks/push ups during commericals but that didnt seem enough, so I got a step and just do step ups.

I never used to mind that our schedules dont line up very well. I work 9-5 M-F, he works evenings and his weekend is during the week. But this week is just killing me. He kinda gets the crappy schedule at work (since he has been there the least amount of time - 5 yrs). So last week he was off M/T and then worked his normal evening/night shifts. This week he didnt get off M/T, he is working right through them and wont be off till Sat (and then he works Sunday). Its a lot of overtime pay for him, but not sure that really makes up for it. Oh well... we make do. I am excited about date night Saturday! (going into DC for a nice dinner)

REmember to drink more water today!

April 20th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the reminder! So far I have drank 2/8 glasses a day, and still going!

I had had a very healthy meals as well... Cereal for breakfast - one bowl! (I normally splerge and fill two bowls) and I had pretzels, sandwhich, and an apple for lunch. I really need to get more fruits and veggies in my diet. Hamburger (elkburger - DH is a big hunter) helper tonight for dinner with corn!

As for excersize I am not sure I will get to go out today. I wont get home until 6 and a nice stroll would be nice but it has been cold and rainy all day - yuck!
I really need to get a step up - I think that is a great thing that you do! I never thought of it... but you must not even realize you are doing it once you are watching TV! I am def buying one when I get the chance.

April 21st, 2011, 11:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday I had too big of a dinner but I had to fast after 8pm. I got down 5 cups of water. So I was happy there. I got in 4 fruits/veggies. I did not get to exercising.

Today my plan is to take the dog for an hour walk when I get home from work. I have nothing else to do tonight and the weather looks nice (but windy).

No weight gain again this week!

April 21st, 2011, 09:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How was your day? How did you eat/ get in any exercise?

I ate well under my calories. I got plenty of calcium today (i was craving milk so bad), and not enough water (4 cups again).

Drinking 4 cups a day is a good step for me, since prior to this week I hadnt been drinking more than 1 cup. I am gonna shoot for 5 a day for the next week.

Exercise: I wanted to walk outside but I was having some really uncomfortable pressure from the baby, so I rested for awhile and then did step for about 30 mins (low impact).

April 23rd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday was yuck for me. I over ate (I didnt pre-look at the menu of the restaurant for lunch). I however make that lunch last for dinner too but it was way too many calories. I did only have water with lunch!

I am hoping today we will get to go walk in DC or at the harbor or wherever we go for our date night. A nice evening walk will do me good.

April 23rd, 2011, 03:25 PM
How was today for you? Sorry I am just now adding to the chat - things have been crazy. (As you know about DH's good news!) I most certainly over ate yesterday... I got strawberry lemonade with sugar around the glass, squid appetizer, and this really tasty (and horribly fattening) cheesy chicken dish... Yikes, I don't even want to imagine how many calories I had in one meal. Probably around 5000! And I didn't even exercise that day LOL
Did you get to go on your walk? It sounds beautiful - walking around the harbor. Can't wait to hear about your date night!

PS - I have drank 2 cups of water today... I will need to get on that! Why is it so hard to drink water? I never remember having this problem. There was once a time growing up that all I wanted to drink was water!

April 24th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a REALLY wonderful day yesterday (just the whole day in general). We went out for lunch and did a little shopping. We then relaxed at home and play some WoW together (we are nerds like that). We both napped (but I got sick) for the rest of the early evening. We had a wonderful dinner out on the harbor. I didnt over eat but I had coke with dinner.

It was funny, we were speculating about the baby at dinner and I said I hope she doesnt have severe acid reflux when she is born and he mentioned that he hoped for a non-colicy baby. And I am not sure what the waiter heard but when he came back with some bread he brought me a glass of milk for my heartburn. We looked at each other confused (but I drank it anyways, so that I wouldnt hurt the waiters feelings and plus I CRAVE milk). Heartburn is thankfully not a symptom I have right now! We got to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.

I do understand your comment now about walking slower. We were walking around and bf had to slow down quite a bit for me to keep up (I felt so out of breath with the hills).

I did get sick after dinner too, but we just relaxed at home and I slept on the couch for awhile.

I am so happy to have yoga in 20 mins! Hope today is going well for you!

April 25th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Sorry I didn't respond yesterday, it was Easter and I was pretty much AFK all day.

I think that is awesome you two are WoW nerds! DH is a big nerd with me, but he mostly sticks to his xbox. I do both though. I am addicted to WoW! I couldn't pay this month because I know if I did I would play it instead of doing all these projeccts I need done. I plan on renewing it mid-may once school is done. (Plus I will be too big to do anything here soon!) And it will be nice to have around when the baby is sleeping. What toons do you have?

Today has been an interesting day. I had to babysit this girl who was a total brat! She hates me, but I have to come back and babysit her on Thurs so we will see if it gets any better. It is hard to entertain her because at the same time I am taking care of a 4 month old! They sure did keep me busy though.

So far today I havn't pigged out and don't plan on pigging out! I am going on a walk with DH once he gets home. The weather is so nice outside, I am actually looking forward to my walk!

April 25th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I ate too much candy and sweets yesterday but I had a good time at yoga! Baby S did NOT like the yoga class AT ALL! She was not happy with me afterwards.

I have done a great job today eating wise. And now I am trying to get my bf to go for a walk with me since its so nice out.

April 25th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Glad you had a good time with yoga. Do you go to actual classes or watch it on TV? I have been doing youtube versions of yoga but I am really wanting to order a video for pregnancy yoga. (I can't afford classes)
Speaking of classes, are you doing anything to prepare for your natural birth? We are doing bradley classes, starting next week. I am excited!

April 26th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have never tried a yoga video before. I go an actual class. I found a studio near my house that offers a prenatal yoga class Sunday afternoons. The teacher is AMAZING. Its a very small class (some weeks its just me, other weeks there is 1 or 2 other women). All the women seem to be focused on natural childbirth, so the teacher is really working with us to stretch out our bodies to be prepared. I love it!

We start lamaze classes this month. It was the most affordable option for us (plus one of the only ones that fit around bf's work schedule). Bradley classes we found werent offered at the same time everyweek, and since bf works evenings it makes it really hard (and the private classes were $600).

I am proud of myself yesterday. I had some candy but was well within my calorie limits, bf did go with me on a nice walk (the weather was beautiful) and we even took one of the dogs with us. I did not drink enough water though. I need to work on that. My goal is to get in 5 cups a day this week (up from 4 cups last week).

How did you do yesterday with everything?

April 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday was awful for me. I went home hoping to get another walk in with my bf. But I got major hip pains and had to lay down all night. I only got up to go potty, and then it was back to laying down. Even standing hurt really bad. Bf ordered a pizza (not a good choice!) and served me on the couch. It didnt matter though, I got pick post dinner.

Baby is sleeping at night (i think) so I am finally getting some sleep myself. So I am feeling better today but I have been drinking coke to help my stomach which is not a good choice. I think I might try to do step tonight in front of the tv if my hips will cooaperate.

April 27th, 2011, 05:27 PM
That sounds awful - I hope you start to feel better!
I am so jealous about your yoga... I really want to take a class like that! That sounds great - even getting ready for stretches and everything. The women I was watching on youtube doing yoga - Dr Betty - sorta does moves for natural births... She does this one squat at the very end and says only people who are having a ntural birth should do the squat (I guess incase the baby pops out haha) IT was wild, she was 39 weeks squatting all the way to the ground and doing all these crazy poses. I was amazed!

Sorry to hear yesterday was bad for you. Me and DH got into a fight - so I veggied and junked out all night. (It was over the lamest thing. Inlaws - I swear!)

Tonight should be good though. I am making easy chicken tetrazzini - it is about 500 calories per serving and very easy and healthy. I am trying to make my diet have more grains and greens and less chicken and beef. I have read this book - In Defense of Foods - and it sort of explains why the "western diet" (Which we have been eating) is so bad and why we are all having heart problems and gaining weight. Once I am done with it, if you are interested, I could mail it to you? Not sure how much you like to read, but it sure is interesting.

Also just ate a bowl of cereal, snacked on a few peanut M&M's, and had a PBJ sandwhich with doritos AND had yogurt. So I am doing pretty well today on the healthy foods... Now if I start eating more of those M&M's that might ruin it though! I Always have to hide those in the cabinet... I could never keep them out in the living room in a jar like you see everyone else doing.
So far 1 bottle of water... I am glad we post that on here as well. I never realized how dehydrated I was - no wonder my pee is so dark! (TMI) I don't think I will be able to get myself to drink 8 a day. There has to be a better way to drink water!

April 27th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I just wanted to add I did the craziest thing. I got a splinter just a second ago from the TV dinner tray I have my computer sitting on (I got it when I moved) and I totally just got it out all on my own. I havnt had a splinter since my mother was a live it was so long ago... She always had to take them out for me and I would make such a big deal out of it and cry and cry. Yet I just got it out on my own - it took me a couple pricks - but wow I feel so accomplished! I am a little excited to show DH LOL I know I am so wierd

April 28th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww!

I am still having a rough day. I finally broke down and called my dr. I have a prescription for zofran but have to go see her tomorrow. I have been miserable for 3 days. Ands it a bad going cycle of morning sickness, dehydration, constipation. I am ready to feel a little better.

I weighed in today and have lost 1 pound this week. I dont know what the dr is gonna say tomorrow. I am pretty worried right now. But my bf is going with me to the dr apt (he never goes).

How are you doing today? How did your babysitting go? Getting down enough water?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search