Triple A Thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2011, 06:44 AM
Rochelle
Hey 'A' Ladies!

Good morning! I hope all is well with you today!

Amber- THAT is the bomb-diggity!! I was happy yesterday to see 199.5 on the scale but I'm sure by now it's back up to 201-ish bc yesterday I pigged out at the IHOP with my mom and then came home and made BBQ chicken covered in bacon and cheese and I ate way too many rolls.

I'm not being a good roll model at all! But I promise I will start getting more serious especally after the 6th when my family leaves town.

I guess what I'll do is start logging into myfitnesspal.com and keep track of my food intake and exercise output there. I'll put the link to my page in my siggy along with my weightloss ticker.

Connie- I'm going to do calorie counting too.

Well, I'm gonna go put that in my siggy rightnow before I forget, then I must go do dishes as well as help DD1 with homeschool.

p.s. My minigoal for today is to drink more water and stay away from the computer that-a-way I'm actually staying on my feet working on the house. That is important bc the sooner I get this place organized, the sooner I will have the right mentality for giving weightloss my ALL!

Good luck to you both for today!
May 23rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
Rebecca - DH took me to IHOP for Mother's Day and I was sooo worried about what to eat. I found these Hearty Grain Blueberry Pancakes w/ turkey sausage that was on their "Fit" list.... OMG! They were sooooooo good! I highly recommend them next time you go! (And they're super good w/ the blueberry syrup tee hee)

I did day 7 of 30DS this morning... Phoebe woke about 445 and wasn't going back to sleep, so around 520-530 I told DH to take her and I did my workout... And surprisingly I'm not really that tired. I had some soy yogurt with granola and a piece of wheat toast w/ butter, cinnamon, and sugar (I know, not great) for breakfast. Thinking maybe a Smart One/Healthy Choice meal for lunch, though. I think we're having fish and sweet potatoes for dinner... probably w/ a non starchy veggie like beans or spinach or something.

I was logging my food and exercise on calorie counter, but maybe I'll join My Fitness Pal... I see a lot of people use it. Do you like it?
I'll talk to you girls later!

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

May 23rd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Rochelle
Amber- Yes, you should sign up for it! Then we can watch each other better- LOL. I wasn't planning on entering my stuff today but I was inspired by this thread to go ahead and log today so I can atleast get a start on my 'serious dieting'. One good thing about it is that it saves your food entries for future use. Also, it has a huge database for foods so you don't usually have to manually enter the nutrition facts.
I am terrible about eating right at a restaurant. I always splurge when I'm at a restaurant bc I only get to go 2-3 times a month anywhere including fast food. Other than that it's always me cooking everything. ANd I really don't like to cook.
It's great that you're doing so well with the 30 day! Are you sore?

-Talk later
May 24th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Connie - I'm sorry that you're having bleeding issues. I know I'm still bleeding more than 5 weeks after having Phoebe! It's crazy! I hope your weigh-in goes well

Rebecca - I will try and get something set up on Fitness Pal later today... I'm just on quick before we take the kids to have pix taken! I'm really hoping that Adam cooperates (he's been such a brat lately)!
As far as being sore, I'm really not.... As I've said many times before, it kills me when I'm doing the anterior shoulder raises.... other than that I feel really good! I'm gonna take tomorrow off, though... I found that I was really getting bored, so I'm going to take like 2 days off a week and do something else those days.... I read that you should let your muscles rest anyways!

May 24th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Rochelle
Connie- Ugh.. I'm sorry you're having to go through that. I hope the bleeding stops really soon so you can get those nice cycles back. I just noticed you have a myfitnesspal ticker. Do you use it a lot? Would you like to connect with me (and Amber when she gets one set up)? To find me I think you would just search my username which is Aquamarine7 on there. Or maybe you can just log in and then click the link in my siggy that says 'food diary'. Then there should be an add as buddy button somewhere

Amber- Good luck with your pix! Where are you getting them done? I've heard the same thing about giving muscles a rest.

Well, I did pretty good throughout yesterday until the evening when I had a few too many chocolate raisins and a big meal of chicken parm. I need to enter that stuff into myfitnesspal so I can see just how bad I did.

Talk later
May 24th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Rebecca - We got the pictures done at JC Penney's.... OMG! They came out sooooo good!!!

Connie - I really hope you're feeling better - I hope you don't have to go to the ER!

I'm goign to go now and set up a MyFitnessPal account. I'll figure out how to post a link or something on here and I'll look for you both!
Also, I don't know if you're interested, but feel free to pop on over to the Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be board. I'm one of the cohosts over there and we're always happy to have some new people! I'll talk to you soon!

May 26th, 2011, 04:06 AM
OK I'm going to rant ladies! ... I thought I was doing really well. I stepped on the scale this morning (my cheat peek during the week) and I've GAINED 1lb!!! What gives? I didn't think I was eating that bad and on days I didn't do 30DS I did do other things.... I did get this really yummy cake from the ladies at my church but I only had like 3 bites (I made DH throw it out this morning.... can't have the temptation laying around). These are times when I feel really bummed and just want to give up! I did soooo good last week and now I'm gaining???? It just doesn't make sense!

Sorry for the rant... I'm just super bummed and like freaking out! Plus I'm a bit nervous with the holiday weekend coming up, too. I know we have like 2 cookouts to go to.... I love summer food!

May 26th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Rochelle
Amber! You're still BFing, right? Your boobmilk varies throughout the day and feedings. It's really hard to get an accurate view of your weight while BFing even if done at the precisely the same time and day of week bc of your baby's changing needs as she grows. Please don't let this discourage you. You're doing great!
I would pop into Plus sized moms but I barely have time for my homebase Aug '10 PR and this LOL! In a couple of weeks I may be able to join though, after my house gets in order, my company leaves, and DD1 goes on a 2 week summer break.

Connie- I hope you didn't/don't have to go to the ER! Hope you feel better soon.

As for me: I have been doing pretty well on turning bad things down for the past few days. I have 2 boxes of brownie mix calling my name but I have determined to save them for the company so I won't eat much of it. I got on the scale and felt a tidly bit better as it said 198.5. Just the fact that it's going down instead of up is a huge relief to me! I still need to log yesterdays lunch and dinner and todays breakfast. I get so behind!
May 27th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Rochelle
Hello Ladies!

I hope you both have a wonderful weekend!

Enjoy those cookouts Amber! Just concentrate on portion control and I think you won't wreck your diet too much.

Connie- Glad you got the weight back down! Also very glad your bleeding is coming to an end. It's always nice to get a chore done and a workout in during the process.

As For Me- Well, I totally screwed my diet yesterday with some brownies. Bad, bad me. But it made me realize that my head/heart isn't in this yet. I need to focus on this house and the company coming next week and then I can give this my all. I may be a little MIA next week but I will try to pop in at some point. I WILL be back all the way after that though- I promise! Meanwhile I will be sending weight-loss vibes your way!!

Much Love!
May 30th, 2011, 06:50 AM
I'm sorry, Connie... that stinks about DH. I'm very vocal and opinionated with DH. I don't see my parents but once a week or once every other week. He doesn't care what I do, but if he ever said anything about it, I would probably lay into him. I know it's not nice, but I'm sorry - nobody tells me what I can or can't do! What does your DH do all day? If he's so worried about stuff maybe see if he can help with it (I wouldn't put it so nicely - LOL, but that's me!). I hope all works out!

Rebecca - don't worry about being MIA. I can understand how things get hectic! I hope all goes well with your company coming and we'll talk to you soon!

As for me, I'm a little bummed, but not too bad. I didn't lose any weight this week; scale is still at 200.4 (at least it's not up that one pound, though!) I'm thinking bwecause I lost 4 last week my body needed to even out a bit! I did day 12 of 30DS this morning at level 2. Didn't do too bad with my diet yesterday. I had a little bit of dairy stuff, though (luckily it doesn't seem to be bothering Phoebe too much). A lot of what I ate was carbs, but I made sure to only take small helpings. And I left food on my plate and ate quite a bit of veggies! I made sure to bring a veggie platter so I had something healthy to eat. I'll try and check in again tomorrow! Talk to you gals soon!

June 3rd, 2011, 05:20 AM
Connie - glad that you were able to stand up to DH! I don't know anything about clomid, but I hope it helps! Also, that stinks about your sunburn

I am getting a bit frustrated. My scale seems to be stuck at 200.4 - The last 3 times I've weighed it's been that (I weighed yesterday morning) I really don't get it; I've been under on my calories through MFP and I've been working out basically every day. I just don't get it. I did day 15 (I think) of 30DS this morning - level 2.... OMG! My outer thighs are absolutely KILLING ME!!! I am soooo sore and I really want to give up! At the same time, I want to keep going becauseI made the commitment. I may have to go to only 4 days per week for it, though and do Pil;ates, belly dance, or whatever on the other 3..... I can barely move it hurts so bad (dam plank jacks and squats!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search