Melissa & Niki

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kylee08

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Veteran
Hi Melissa, well today is my first day for virtual diary. But I am so excited to have a partner in my journey, so thank you. Today I am going to Zumba class at 7:30 to 8:30, yea can't wait I find it so hard to exercise after work.
melissalaw likes this.

September 27th, 2012, 05:56 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Niki!! I can't workout after work. There is usually no time. I have a 3 year old and a 5 month old so they demand all of my attention when we get home in the evenings. Although every night when I put then to bed, I will do a little bit of ab work for about 20 minutes but that is normally all I have the energy to do. I have never done Zumba, you'll have to let me know how you like it.

I try to get up every morning and workout before work. And this morning I did 50 minutes of circuit training, which is my favorite. Tonight I will do my 20 minutes of abs. I've been doing something called horizontal conditioning which is mainly plank work, trying to get my abs back after my pregnancy with Jacob.

What are you eating today?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 28th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Hey Niki!! Hope you made it to Zumba yesterday and had some fun.

This morning I did a 50 minute HIIT workout which was very difficult but lots of fun. This weekend my workouts will be cleaning the house..lol.

Today for breakfast I had eggs with whole wheat toast, lunch is going to be homemade chicken salad and for dinner we are having filets with sweet potatoes, so I'm eating pretty healthy today.

September 28th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Veteran
I never made to Zumba when I wanted to, I was feeling awful sick with a bad migraine, definitely going this week, made plan for my next weekend off to go. I have cut out pop all together, but was bad and had candy and cookies

September 30th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Sorry you were feeling bad. Migraines are terrible. Cookies are what I have a difficult time cutting out, but we have started eating strawberries topped with fat free cool whip and that usually satifies my sweet tooth. You might try something like that to help you cut out the cookies and candy.

No workouts for me this weekend, just cleaning the house. Tomorrow morning will be a circuit workout.

Dinner tonight is pork chops and sweet potatoes. Are you guys having something healthy for dinner?

Sorry you were feeling bad. Migraines are terrible. Cookies are what I have a difficult time cutting out, but we have started eating strawberries topped with fat free cool whip and that usually satifies my sweet tooth. You might try something like that to help you cut out the cookies and candy.

No workouts for me this weekend, just cleaning the house. Tomorrow morning will be a circuit workout.

Dinner tonight is pork chops and sweet potatoes. Are you guys having something healthy for dinner?

October 2nd, 2012, 06:25 AM
Veteran
Sorry, I fell off the band wagon again this weekend. I am so stressed with work, home is great. I worked short for 2 days, than fully staffed the last day and went for an interview to be told to let them know if I was interested in the job for a 2 dollar paycut. I was going to cause its a lot less stress on my body and emotions, I called today to be told its not automatic, there are other candidates, grr. I did work out and do Zumba for an hour, I feel good in that aspect. Sorry about the whine.

October 2nd, 2012, 06:55 AM
Hey Niki, sorry about the job situation. It's hard to workout and eat healthy when work is not going good. Hopefully you will get the job and it will lessen the stress on you. Although for me working out is the best stress reliever. So glad that you made it to zumba. Did you enjoy it?

I did a 50 minute total body weight workout this morning and tonight after the kids go to bed, I'll be doing some ab work. We are trying a new recipe tonight with chicken and artichokes. I love artichokes. If it turns out to be good, I'll post it and maybe you can try it.

October 6th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Veteran
Hey Melissa,
You are kicking butt, you go girl, I have been bad this week. I am going to start fresh Monday, I didnt get offered the job, but I turned it down before they could and I am okay with that. I don't want to go backwards, I would love that recipe

October 8th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I will post the chicken and artichoke recipe tomorrow. I left it at home today. It was great.

Don't worry about having a bad week, just focus on this week and making it the best it can be.

I did 55 minutes of circuit training this morning with a high step. Really worked my rear end. tonight I'm going to shoot for 20 minutes of abs once I get the kids in bed

We are having pork chops and carrots tonight which is another great recipe that I'll try to post tomorrow for you. it is one of my favorites.

let me know how your Monday goes.

October 9th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Hey Niki, hope your week is productive so far. This morning I did a 55 minute workout and I'm hoping to get in some abs tonight.

here is the chicken and artichokes recipe that I mentioned:
Sprinkle 3/4 lb cubed skinless chicken breasts with 1 1/2 tsp. greek seasoning. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 1 tbsp. oil. Add 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer. Drain. Stir in 14 1/2 oz water packed artichoke hearts (rinsed, drained and quartered). Cover and simmer for 8 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve each portion with 1/2 cup cooked brown rice and 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese.

This is so good and so good for you.

October 17th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Veteran
Hey Melissa,
Sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I have not fell off the band wagoon. But I need to incorporate more exercise into my routine. I can tell the difference with the way my clothes are fitting. That is kind of encouraging, now if I could just be positive about things. I really need a routine for home and my daughter, I will get there one thing at a time. I am excited for the weekend I am doing a 5k walk/run, and than a Zumba marathon, which is for breast cancer

October 17th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Hey Niki,

You are going to have so much fun doing the 5k walk/run. I love runs like that. there is something great about crossing that finish line, no matter if you have just ran a marathon or a 5 k. Let me know how it goes.

It is so great when you start to notice a difference in the way your clothes fit. I will base my progress on that and not on the scale. Just keep up the hard work and check in when you can.

I have been doing pretty good. I can usually manage to get in 3 workouts a week. I've been shooting for 5 but haven't made that goal yet. It's hard when you have a 5 month old who doesn't like to sleep. Sleep becomes much more important than working out..lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search