Melissa and Natashia Weightloss Buddies.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 01:23 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am hoping to get a mile in if its not raining and get on the elliptical.
I have several dvds might start one of them if i can find my dvd player. Most of my stuff is in storage from where i am in the middle of the divorce so it makes it hard to do alot.

April 16th, 2013, 01:50 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey how did you do yesterday? did you find your DVD player? I do a lot of workouts on DVD so I would be lost with my DVD. DH just got me a new ipod for my birthday so I have been busy loading some good music on it to use when I run.

I got in a good workout this morning and did Patty's challenges!!! I'm using my crock pot again today. it is becoming my new best friend..lol.

How has your Tuesday been? How's your eating today? I've done really good today. I usually do good during the weekend, the weekends tend to be my trouble times. We eat our more and I tend to eat worse when we eat out.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 16th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I found the dvd player but not the remote go figure lol Zoe and I met Justin at the school and i walked a mile around the track and we let Zoe play afterwards. I ate decent yesterday. Today I was off work I got in some good exercise and got all the challenges done. We babysat justin niece and nephew for a few hours this morning and played outside with them then i came home and walked a mile then got 20 mins on the elliptical then helped dad get some scrap metal however i ended up throwing some rims a bit to hard and they rolled over this huge hill by the house into the creek needless to say i had to do some hiking to get them and tie a rope to them to get em back up my i swear i didnt think my legs would make it back up its prob 500 ft straight down it was a trip for sure. Were having home made Quesadas for dinner and salsa and chips so pretty good i guess. I didnt eat to much today i had a protein shake for breakfast and a nature valley protein bar & Pepperoni for a snack and some carrots for lunch.
I also do worse on the weekends and this weekend we have a birthday party so tons of tempting food to watch out for lol
Hope you have a great evening!

I found the dvd player but not the remote go figure lol Zoe and I met Justin at the school and i walked a mile around the track and we let Zoe play afterwards. I ate decent yesterday. Today I was off work I got in some good exercise and got all the challenges done. We babysat justin niece and nephew for a few hours this morning and played outside with them then i came home and walked a mile then got 20 mins on the elliptical then helped dad get some scrap metal however i ended up throwing some rims a bit to hard and they rolled over this huge hill by the house into the creek needless to say i had to do some hiking to get them and tie a rope to them to get em back up my i swear i didnt think my legs would make it back up its prob 500 ft straight down it was a trip for sure. Were having home made Quesadas for dinner and salsa and chips so pretty good i guess. I didnt eat to much today i had a protein shake for breakfast and a nature valley protein bar & Pepperoni for a snack and some carrots for lunch.
I also do worse on the weekends and this weekend we have a birthday party so tons of tempting food to watch out for lol
Hope you have a great evening!

April 17th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Glad you found your DVD Player. That sounds like something that would happen to me, find my player and not the remote. I have to keep the remotes away from my 3 year old or he hides them or even worse he somehow figures out how to order pay per view movies..lol.

Sounds like you had a busy Monday. so glad that your pants are fitting better. That makes all your hard work worth it doesn't. I love to see my body changing from all my hard work. Just makes me feel good.

This morning I did 5 miles on my treadmill and some abs. I have been trying to do a little bit of ab work every day to help tone my abs.

Tonight we are having a pork tenderloin which is one of my favorites.

We are having my little boys 1 yr birthday party this weekend so I'm sure I will be doing some cheating there. It's hard to resist that cake..lol.
MommytoZoeAlyssa likes this.

April 17th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Yes being able to see change and get those pants on has made it so rewarding and made me even more motivated to stick to it!
I am not postive what we are having for dinner I think one of the frozen meals turkey and gravey and potatoes is what dad said last night.

Happy Early Birthday to your little guy!
melissalaw likes this.

April 18th, 2013, 01:51 PM
How has your Thursday been? Mine has been pretty good. I did cheat at lunch and have some cheesecake. I went to a seminar and that's what they had for dessert. I figure a little cheat every once in awhile won't kill me..lol.

I did a strength training workout this morning. Not my favorite but I can really feel it in my muscles this afternoon so I guess it worked.

Tonight is leftover night for us so I'll be having leftover chicken tacos from the other night. What's your dad cooking tonight? How has your eating been today?

April 19th, 2013, 07:07 AM
My Thursday was pretty good.
Your leftovers sound great lol then again your leftovers usually do sound great!
We had Hot Dogs for dinner i did 10 mins on the elliptical and had a 1 mile walk.
I am so glad today is Friday just 2 more hours at work and I get to start my weekend its my short day just 5 hours and I came in at 6 this morning. I am going to try to get some type of exercise in today and tomorrow. We are going to stay with Justins brother I promised his wife I would help her with the birthday cake and getting everything ready for the party Saturday! So i guess it will be a cheating kind of weekend will have to make up for it during the week for sure!
Hope you guys have a great weekend and your lil one has a great birthday

April 19th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Sounds like you did really good yesterday!!

This morning I did a 45 minute workout DVD. I'm getting ready to head to the store to get all the food for the party tomorrow. We are doing barbeque so I'll be having barbeque chicken which isn't that bad but I'm sure I'll cheat and have a piece of cake.

We will definitely have to up our workouts and eating next week to make up for the parties..lol.

I'm glad it's Friday also. So ready for the weekend. Let me know what exercise you get in today.

have fun at your party!!

April 24th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Sorry I havent really be on here. usually on the weekends I am MIA.
Hope your lil ones 1st birthday went great! The birthday I helped with went very smoothly and all the kids had a blast. I just had a small piece of cake and hot dog and hamburger. I havent been doing much exercise but walking my allergies/sinuses have been acting up and I just havent felt too good. Monday was super busy at work and yesterday I was lazy almost all day and slept. I helped dad in the garden yesterday evening and fixed dinner a frozen pizza. My eating hasnt been too bad just small portions of whatever we have. Hope all is well with you!!

April 24th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I haven't been on here that much lately. Been really busy.

I'm sorry about your allergies. My entire family suffers really bad with allergies so I completely understand. Hopefully they clear up soon and you can get back at it. I think your diet is about 80% of weight loss and exercise is the other 20% so if your really focusing on diet even if you don't work out for a few days you should still be losing weight.

I do really good with exercising during the week but most weekends are just shot. I spend my weekends with my family and just don't want to take that time away from them to workout.

April 25th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Yesterdays eating wasnt too bad. I had an egg sandwich for breakfast and we had lunch catered for us at work for national adminstrative assistants day so we had salad lasgana (only ate part of it wasnt that good) bread and cake (only ate the strawberrys because mine ws mostly whipped topping and it didnt taste to good) Dinner we had hamburgers and fries. I had a piece of peanut brittle for a snack. I have been so tired this week I have been in bed by or before 9. I didnt walk yesterday because of the rain. There is a possiblity I could be pregnant I am 2 days late today I am a little nervous I would be super happy if I am although the timing is a little off. But everything happens for a reaon right! Hopefully I get back to walking this evening! Hope your having a good week and exercising and eating good!
I am the same way on the weekends so i totally understand!!

April 26th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Well I tested last night I couldn't wait any longer... Soo turns out I am pregnant the line was very faint but it is there. I am so super excited!! I am going to keep up walking and stay as healthy as possible though!
melissalaw likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 07:04 AM
That's great!! Congratulations. When is your due date? I'll definitely be here to help you stay healthy through your pregnancy. We are trying to get pregnant right now so you'll have to help me stay healthy once I get pregnant. I'm still breastfeeding so I'm not sure how hard it will be to get pregnant. AF just came back last month and Jacob is not nursing as much as he did so hopefully it won't be that hard. Did you go walking last night? Is your BF trying to get healthy with you? I wish my DH would start exercising and try to eat healthier. He eats really good at home because I only cook healthy stuff. His problem is his lunch. they go out to eat almost everyday and he doesn't make that great of choices.

I did some strength training this morning which is my least favorite thing to do. I try to do it atleast once each week and will usually put it off until Friday.

Any plans for this weekend? We are going tomorrow morning to get Jacob's one year pictures taken. Other than that we really don't have anything planned this weekend. It is suppose to rain here so we will probably spend most of the weekend inside.

Hope you have a great weekend.

April 26th, 2013, 07:46 AM
My DD should be around Jan 4th! It will be close to my bf's daughters hers is Jan 1st and my daughters is Feb 7th! I am just nervous to tell my parents i think they might flip out a little so deciding when and how we are going to annouce it will be the big thing. I know his family will be happy and supportive!

My bf eats pretty healthy he doesnt really like sweets or chocolate so not a hard thing for him. His only bad habbits are smoking and mt dew. He is great about walking with me and being good about keeping me postive and stuff!

I got home late from work yesterday we had to run by the grocery store I work with my mom and we ride together and she never gets out on time. By the time we date dinner and got that cleaned up it was nearly 7. Zoe and I played and "build" puzzles. I am going to try to walk today. I will be spending the weekend with Justin. Zoe has to go to her dads this evening but he is letting me get her back tomorrow afternoon so she can go to church with us Sunday, Justin's sister is getting Baptized. So Pretty goood weekend.

You will def have to post pics of his 1 year pics!! Good luck on TTC hopefully it wont take you too long And we def will keep each other healthy and on track!

Hope you have a great weekend!!

April 30th, 2013, 07:03 AM
How was your weekend? do anything fun? Ours was mostly the same. Jacob did good at his 1 month pictures. We have to go back this Saturday to proof them and pick out which ones we want.

How are you feeling? Any morning sickness yet? I know for me the morning sickness doesn't usually start until around 8 weeks or so.

I started a new workout rotation doing Insanity. I did that program once before right after my 3 year old was born and haven't really done it since, so I figure that I would try it again.

Tonight for dinner we are having baked fish with rice and broccoli. I'm trying to do really good with my eating this week. My DH needs to lose some weight so I'm hoping this will help him.

April 30th, 2013, 06:05 PM
We didnt do much over the weekend watched some movies and visited with Justins family. Sunday we went to his sisters baptism. I have been eating pretty good over the weekend i had some cookies and cream soda. Yesterday i ate good. Today I had a burger from pals and an ice cream because Justin and I were out running errands. I went to the health department and got the paper work done for Medicaid where i dont have insurance. Also got an appointment for WIC tomorrow going to have to leave work and then go back but I am over on hours right now so it wont be a big deal. Thats the only crappy thing i have to average 29 hours thanks obama lol.. I told my parents today thankfully they took it better than I expected I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I cooked dinner we had baked chicken potatoes and mac & cheese. I have been drinking lots of water. I have been slacking on the walking I think because mom hasnt been walking and I got out of my routine so i got to get back on that.
lol this posted before i was actually done!

Anyway the Insanity sounds good i will have to do a major overhaul next year after I have the baby thats for sure!
Hope you have a great week. The baked fish sounds great we are having pork chops tomorrow!

May 2nd, 2013, 09:26 AM
Glad your parents took the baby news well. It's always easier when you have a strong support system.

We had grilled pork chops last night also. they were great. I love pork chops. I took a rest day yesterday but got up this morning and did another Insanity workout. Yes definitely just keep doing what you've been doing while pregnant. Walking during pregnancy is awesome!!

Hope your appointments went okay. did you guys go walking last night? any plan for tonight?

May 2nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
Grilled chops sound great too!! I have no idea what we are having today.
I didn't walk yesterday I have been getting horrible headache's of the afternoon/evening. I played some with Zoe but that was about the extent of any kind of exercise. I have just felt so run down by the time I get home from work. Hopefully that will pass soon! Everything went good at the Health Dept i got signed up on WIC its changed so much from 7 years ago when I had Zoe. You get alot more stuff now which is nice because I am always broke and Milk is expensive so yay for that! I have my first Dr Apt Tuesday I can't wait!
I have a hair apt this evening afterwork so depending how late it is after we eat will depend on if i end up walking.

Do you have any plans for this weekend?
I am letting Zoe spend the weekend with her fathers parents he is a real jerk and won't take the time to let them see Zoe nor does he call them and tell them anything not that he calls and checks on Zoe. I actually keep in touch with them and talk to his mother sometimes once a week sometimes its every other week but I want them to stay involved in Zoe's life no matter what goes on between her father and I.
We really have no plans. Justin is going to rotate the tires on my car and we are going to visit with his sister tomorrow after we drop Zoe off.

Hope your week is going good!!

May 3rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
I hope your headaches get better soon. Guess it is the pregnancy that is giving them to you. I remember being really run down during the first trimester also. Hopefully that will end when you hit the second trimester.

We are not doing much this weekend. It is suppose to rain all weekend which stinks. It rained all last weekend so we were stuck inside most of the weekend. Saturday we are taking my mother out for mother's day since next weekend we are taking DH's mother out. it's just too hard to try to do both moms on the same weekend. Other than that we are just going to hang out at home.

Tonight we are grilling out steaks which I love. I have noticed that I'm not quite as motivated now that Patty's challenge is over..lol. Hopefully next week my motivation will come back.

Hope you guys have a great weekend.

May 6th, 2013, 10:19 AM
The headaches have got better but I still feel so run down. Seems like after work all I want to do is lay around and go to bed early. After I play with Zoe I am pooped I sure hope this passes soon. I talked to my regular dr about my depression/Anxiety medication and they are tapering me off of that and I am really nervous about that it has been such a great help for me I am going to talk to my OB tomorrow to see if there is any other medicines I can talk while pregnant. My main goal is to keep the baby safe and healthy. I just don't want to drive everyone else crazy in the process. I wish they would have scheduled my first apt a little further out so I could get my 1st ultra sound but I think I am just right at 5 weeks according to the health department so I guess I will just get blood work and all that taken care of tomorrow. My exercising has not been going well at all due to the fact i am always tired. I have been eating okay but i have been drinking a few soda's which i know is bad but work has been stressing me out but def going to stop that before I get the habbit started again.

Its been raining here alot too. Hope you have a great week! Glad you got to take your mom out this past weekend thats a good idea doing one the weekend before and the other the weekend of. I rarely have the money to do anything special for mom but tell her i love her.

Hopefully once this dreary weather passes your motivation will return!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search