Melissa and Natashia Weightloss Buddies.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Natashia!!! here's our check in.

How's your day going today? How do you try to eat healthy, do you cook most of your meals?
How many times each week do you try to workout?

I do really good with my eating most days. We cook dinner every night so that makes it easier to eat healthy.

My problem is getting motivated to workout everyday so hopefully this check in will help. Plus Patty's Zombie challenge has really gotten me motivated this week. are you participating in the challenge.
MommytoZoeAlyssa likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 3rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My day has been going pretty slow but good. Just another hour and 40 some minutes till i will be off work and tomorrow I just work 5 hours so not to bad!

Right now my DD and I live with my parents but my father always cooks dinner. It is not always the healthiest stuff so I am just going to eat smaller portions at dinner. I usually have eggs for breakfast and I have a Michelina's Lean frozen meal at lunch. Im also trying to get in some type of fruit/veggie in for a snack and I am drinking at least 64oz of water daily however the past 2 days I have drank way more than that. I tend to snack when i am bored so instead of finding a snack i get a glass of ice water instead!

I also tend to have a problem getting myself to stay motivated to workout. My boyfriend has offered to meet me at the school down below my house and walk with me and I am going to let my little girl play on the playground so it will be a win win and my parents have an elliptical that i am going to get on everyday! Yes i am participating in the challenge I am loving it!!! I am going to try to walk every day if at all possible. I want to get back in the habbit of doing some type of dvd i have a Jillian Michaels 30 day shred i have never made it more than 2 weeks until i loose my motivation but man you can feel it after you do that workout!

What is your goal weight? How much do you have to loose?
I would like to get down to 170 by July which is 25lbs to loose!
April 3rd, 2013, 12:53 PM
I'm loving the zombie challenge also. So much fun!!

Sounds like you've really got a good plan for eating healthier and getting in your exercise. And that's great that your boyfriend is going to walk with you. I know I would have more motivation if my hubby would workout with me, but there is no way that is ever going to happen. I workout in the morning most days and there is no way he's getting out of bed to workout with me.

I recently hit my goal weight but since having 2 kids I have lost a lot of muscle tone and have that mommy tummy so I am really trying to hit my workouts hard and try to tone back up, plus I'm just trying to eat healthy and maintain so I don't gain any of my weight back. I gained 40 lbs with my last pregnancy and I don't want to gain any of it back until I get pregnant again.

April 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Yeah thankfully he is super supportive!

Sounds like you have a good plan in place too!
I know all about that mommy tummy! We will keep each other motivated and you will be toned in no time
April 4th, 2013, 06:21 AM
How was your evening? did you guys go for a walk and let your little girl play on the playground? My 3 year old loves the slides and my 11 month old loves to swing so we try to take them to the park on Saturdays if it's nice.

We had some delicious oven baked buttermilk chicken for dinner last night. It's one of my favorite meals and it is one meal that I can always get my 3 year old to eat. I always find it challenging trying to get him to eat healthy. But I have been making lots of fruit salads and he loves them and it is a great way to get him to eat more fruit.

I took it a bit easier this morning. I've really been working out hard since Patty started the challenge. so this morning I did some pilates which I always feel really works my muscles, especially my tummy.

What's on your agenda today?

Tonight is left over night for us. My favorite night of the week..lol.

April 4th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Yes we had a great evening! Walked a mile and Zoe played with her soccer ball & blew bubbles while we walked around the track. Then we let her play on the playground she had Justin pushing her around on the merry-go round she had a blast! We had the beans/lettuce stuff for dinner it was good! Had some carrots for a snack after we got in from walking and I was going to do 10 mins on the ellipitical but i ended up going for 15! I also did the challenges boy did i feel the burn as i did those crunches and sit ups lol

Today I work until 12:15. I work part time I usually work 3 8hr shifts and 1 5hr shift. After work i am going to go hang out with Justin until school lets out then go home and get Zoe off the bus and do homework and have dinner and go for a walk and stuff!

Whats on your agenda?
April 4th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Well I got my workout in this morning and did 1 of the challenges. I'll do the other 2 here in a little bit. I've got to work for a few hours today. I work for myself which is nice but I do usually put in about 8 hours every day. My boys go to daycare which they both love.

After work I'll pick the boys up then we will head home. My 3 year old has to have a snack the second we walk into the door. I have gotten him eating yogurt so he eat one of those gogurts as soon as we get home. Then I usually cook dinner but tonight we are having left over chicken chili. DH usually gets home around 6:00 and we will eat, play with the boys then bath time then bed time for the boys. Then time for me and DH. I also try to always get in some ab work at night after I put the boys to sleep. I'm trying to work them every day.

15 minutes on the ellipitical is great!! That is a hard machine!! have fun this afternoon with your boyfriend.

April 4th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Hope you had a good day! The chicken chili sounds great
I had a good day at work and good afternoon with the bf even though he tempted me with pop i said no way lol. Didnt get to walk today cuz of the rain. I did get 20 mins on the elliptical and did all of the challenges today.
I am just hoping to keep up the good work this weekend.

April 5th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Sorry about the rain. that always puts a damper on outdoor plans. My little boy loves to go outside and play and just doesn't seem to understand why we can't go outside when it's raining.

Good Job of resisting the pop. thankfully I have never really like cola's of any kind. My biggest weakness is ice cream. But we don't keep any in the house. We go every few weeks to the ice cream store and as a treat we all get some ice cream.

I had a good day yesterday. Not too busy so that is always nice. The chicken chili was really good and so easy since all we had to do was heat it up.

This morning I got on my treadmill and ran 6 miles. It's been awhile since I have done any running but it was just as much fun as I remember.

What have you got planned for this weekend? Saturday will be cleaning day at our house plus DH and both the boys need haircuts so we will be doing that also. Jacob turns 1 in a few weeks and I want his hair looking nice for his birthday party. He has a ton of hair for a baby. Jackson my 3 year old didn't have much hair until he was around 2. So my exercise on Saturday will definitely be cleaning. Not as much fun as my other workouts though. Sunday will be our fun day. My mother in law is coming over to watch the boys and DH and I are going to see the movie OZ and then going to the Bone Fish Grill which is one of my favorite places.

today I'll be working for most of the day then this afternoon I have to go buy groceries. Not something that I enjoy doing.

April 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Good job on the 6 miles!! I done 15 mins on the elliptical and we are going to go on a hike and have a picnic this afternoon/evening its beautiful out today! Zoe and I are going to spend the weekend with my bf and his family. She thinks the world of him and he is a big kid at heart and plays anything she wants so thats always a plus this evening we are going to his sisters to let her play with the kids. I love his family so its always fun spending time with them.

I hate cleaning and grocery shopping as well! The movie date sounds nice I hope you guys have fun!! The first birthday is always exciting Zoe didnt have much hair until she was about 2. Both your boys look adorable from your siggy pic!

Hope you have a great weekend

April 6th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Hey hope you guys had fun hiking and on your picnic. We live near the Smokey Mountains in TN and before the boys were born we did a ton of hiking. Not so much now that we have the boys. Once they get bigger though we plan on taking them hiking on some short hikes.

Glad your BF is so good with your little girl. that's so important and glad his family is so great.

we had a good day. I spent most of the morning cleaning the house which was of course no fun. that was my workout for the day..lol. We went out to eat to Jason's Deli which has an awesome salad bar so I did eat really good. I love a big salad and they have beets and artichokes on their salad bar which I really love.

Hope your Saturday was good. I'm going to go check out the challenges for today. Not sure what I'll do though. It's late and I'm tired but I'm going to see what Patty has going on for today.

April 9th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Hey hope you had a good weekend and a good Monday. How has your exercising been going? What about eating? Have you been eating healthy? Do you try to get your little girl to eat healthy or do you feed her whatever she will eat?

I had a good weekend and a good Monday. I worked out both Monday morning and Tuesday morning. Eating has been pretty good also. didn't really cheat much this weekend. Just had some frozen yogurt which was my sweet treat. I tried a new recipe last night and DH didn't like it so I won't be making it again.

My 3 year old is very picky. I try to get him to eat healthy but some night I will just feed him chicken nuggets just to get him to eat..lol. I try to make healthy things that taste good, like mixing fruit with vanilla pudding to get him to eat fruit.

Hope your having a good week so far .

April 10th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Hey!
I just wanted to say I haven't been ignoring you or JM for some reason I have not been able to get on here from my house it wont connect to this page And I have been in training all week at work and unable to use my computer here.

Sounds like your weekend went pretty good! Ours was good we had a great time hiking the trails and we took Zoe on the paddle boats. Zoe and I went to church Sunday first time she has ever been and the first time I have been in about 10 years so that was nice. I ate okay not really healthy but I kept in moderation and had 1 soda friday but the rest of the weekend i had water and milk! I downloaded mapmyrun so i could tell how far i was walking while i let Zoe ride her bike and since Sunday i have walked at least a mile if not a little over! Zoe loves fruits and veggies thankfully so its easy to get her to eat healthy she doesnt really eat to much junk food. Her fav snack is carrots and mustard odd combo I know but hey its healthly lol Since I havent been able to get on here I have missed out on 2 days worth of challenges Hopefully I can figure out whats wrong with it and fix it this evening and get back on there. I hope you have a great day and I hope your week is going good with excercise and eating!!!

April 10th, 2013, 06:21 AM
I've had a friend of mine on facebook who hasn't been able to log onto JM either. Not sure what is going on. I had some problems getting into the Zombie subforum but now my problems seem to be resolved.

My week is going good. Last night we had chicken parm which is a recipe I got off of the Skinny Mom website. My 3 year old loves so I make it a lot.

this morning I did a new workout called Fusion which is sort of a mixture of pilates, cardio and weights. It was really hard but really fun. Tonight we are having brown sugar glazed salmon. Salmon is one of my favorite things to eat so I'm looking forward to that.

Carrots and mustard is really a strange combination but your right atleast it's healthy that 's what matters.

Hope you have a good day are able to get back on JM from home.

April 11th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Hey have you been able to get your computer working? Hopefully so. Hope your Wednesday and Thursday were both good.

My eating has been really good this week. tonight we are going to grill out some steaks with sweet potatoes so should be really good. I did get my workout in this morning before I had to leave for work. I did a DVD that took me about 50 minutes.

Hope your week is going good and you've got in some good exercise and some good healthy food.

How often are you weighing yourself? How are you doing? have you lost any?

April 11th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Yes finally got it working yesterday evening! My week has been pretty good. I feel so behind at work though and i only get 30 hours and where i had training i will have to do alot of catching up next week but i guess that will help the time pass faster. I have been eating the lean michelinas frozen dinners for lunch at work and then whatever we have at dinner i just eat smaller portions. I have been walking at least a mile every day. I am home early today so i am going to try and get a mile in before Zoe gets home from school and another one later! I need to hook my dvd player up and do one of my dvds i have a couple. I actually have the ripped in 60 stuff but my ex has the dvds so alot of good thats doing me haha.. I am not sure what we are having for dinner. Today i had a protein smoothie for breakfast and popcorn and chips for lunch cuz i only worked 3 hours and thats all the bf had at his house i just ate a little of both. Well i weighed myself at 195 last week and then again today but bf's scales are off so idk if i have or not. Hope your week is going good too! Do you have anything planned for the weekend?

April 11th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Our weekend is going to be very busy. My brother in law's little girl is turning 5 so we are having a party for her on Saturday then on Sunday my little boy got invited to a friends birthday party so we are going to that party. Plus we have to clean the house and find a time to buy groceries. Plus hopefully have a little bit of time to relax.

I just finished off some strawberries and bananas for an afternoon snack and it was so good. Fruit this time of year just seems to be really good.

What are your plans for the weekend?

April 11th, 2013, 05:03 PM
That does sound busy!
I also love fruit this time of year it starts getting good.

Zoe is supposed to go to fathers this weekend. I have yet to hear from him although he tends to wait until last minute to contact me about meeting and what not...

Justin and I are going to hang out with his brother and sister inlaw friday and his moms saturday and going to church sunday. Then sunday afternoon he see's his girls and i pick up zoe!

April 15th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Hope you had a great weekend! Mine was good actually didnt do much on friday watched movies after we dropped Zoe off with her dad. babysit justin's nephews saturday and hung out as his moms. I played outside all day with the kids and got a little sun and was super tired we spent the night with justins brother and didnt end up going to church. yesterday I got a mile in before i picked up zoe. My eating this weekend was not so great But I am back on track today and feeling pretty motivated and ready for this week! Hope you have a good monady!

April 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM
We had a really fun but really busy weekend. Went to my nieces party on Saturday. I was bad and had some birthday cake. Then we took Jackson to his friend's party on Sunday. No church for us either. Church usually doesn't let out until around 12:30 and the party started at 1:00 so we just didn't really have time.

We went to the park on Saturday and I did walk while I pushed Jacob in the stroller so got in a little bit of exercise. I was back at it this morning though and got in a good workout.

I wouldn't worry about not eating that great this weekend, just get back at it today and try to eat well this week. any plans to workout today?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search