Looking for a Weight Loss buddy...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi!!!

I would love to find a weight loss body to check in with.

I am a mommy of 2 with a goal to lose 100 lbs in a year - and I have 93 left to go (I just started two weeks ago).

Please 'like' this post and respond, and we can get started!
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

May 13th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm new to this board, and I believe you are also! I need to loose about 40 lbs. The different things I have tried have not worked so far so I'm going to try hard core dieting. I'm starting today and could really really use the motivation!! I read your intro post, and in a way reminds me of myself. I have never really struggled with weight-loss before so that is new to me, but the angry and depressed feeling is something I totally feel! I have for some reason been more angry and depressed in the last 2-3 months and I believe it's because I'm not loosing the weight I'm hoping to. DH and I had a long talk in bed last night and he agrees that he thinks it's because I'm overweight that I feel this way. 6-7 years ago I was 95lbs could eat anything and everything I wanted and never gain a pound. To now, not being able to loose weight is very difficult for me! I'm petite and small framed at 5'1" and currently weight 170-175 (my weight varies).

It would be great to GTKY better and find help, support and encouragement in the weight loss journey! It sounds like you are doing great in already loosing some weight - WAY TO GO MAMA!!!!

Please let me know if you are interested in being my buddy also.

BTW - my name is Ashley and my DH is Sam and we have been married 5 years as of January. Our daughter, Kynslee, is 19 months old and was born Sept 21, 2011.
Enceinte2012 likes this.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
May 13th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Hi Ashley!!!

I would LOVE to be your weight loss buddy! Yay- thanks for responding so quickly!

And yay for you for starting today! We can *totally* do this together! Although I do have more to lose than you - just promise you will stick around until I can catch up

If it is cool with you, I will just try to change the title of this thread to our usernames

My name is Meghann, and I am married to my DH for 6 years this year. We have known each other since we were 11. We have two little ones, Amber (4 years) and Addyson (6 months). We also have two pups - Tyson the 90 lb boxer, and Pascal the 9 lb shih-poo.

I want to lose 100 lbs for so many reasons. But mostly for myself. The rest of my life feels right on track - except for my weight. I feel that if I could just look (And Feel!) better, then everything will be ok.

So - you state you are 'hard core dieting' - are you counting calories, or trying like South Beach?

I am counting calories - 1350 a day MAX (though I try to stay right at 1200). I am trying to eat more unprocessed foods, and meals I cook myself, making more organic choices.

I am also going to the gym for an hour and a half monday through friday. And boy am I tired!!! But, it feels really good to be moving again, and to have some 'me' time.

Feel free to ask me anything - and tell me a little about you and your goals!
(HUGS!)

~*~Meghann~*~

May 13th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Meghann - glad to have a buddy! I hope it will help keep me motivated. To be honest - I HATE working out! I really enjoy walking but do NOT at all like to workout! I'm trying to slowly change that. The work-out video that I have is the leslie sansone walk away the pounds. I purchased the fitness band also so that helps me build muscle while I walk. Since I just started really trying to work-out to it I'm still at the one mile easy walk. I'm hoping that within 2 weeks I'll do the 2 mile fast past walk just fine. DH and I will take Kynslee and we have walking/biking trails beside our house and the one we take it about 3 miles. I can now do that pretty easy and I've started slowly added a little jogging to that to help boost the walk a bit. But, jogging is not too fun for me. I have huge boobs (I'm a 34G (DDDD) and was a HH while bfing). So, for my smaller frame I have bigger boobs and they hurt so bad if I try and run fast or jog for long period of time.

That's OUTSTANDING that you've lost 7 pounds so far!! You are already ahead of me as I actually haven't fully lost any (I've lost a few and then gained a few, lost then gained.....). That is why I chose the hard core diet to see if that helps. The diet that I'm trying is pretty much the South Beach Diet, which is what I've done before. I need to go do my video right now. Later I have an extra 20 minutes of the video to do from the likes I've received on motivation Monday.
May 14th, 2013, 06:08 PM
How was your walk yesterday? Did you get to go again today?

I never thought I would like working out. And I am finding that I love it. I dot know if its th actual working out, or if its because I get some 'me time' out of going to the gym. working full time, then comin home to my girls doesn't leave a lot if time for me. So, going to the gym and listening to some music while I work out is proving to be therapeutic for my mind and body!

I have huge boobs too! I wear two sports bras to the gym. Hopefully they go down as I lose weight!!

Thanks for the congrats! I am excited about the weight loss myself! Sometimes I get down, and I remember that in two weeks, I was already 7% to my oak, which I think is pretty good! I am hoping for at least three this week. Hitting then 10 lb loss is gonna be a big motivator!

I plan on weighing every friday, if you wanna join me! My first mini goal is 25 lbs by the end of June. What goals have u set for yourself?

~*~Meghann~*~

May 14th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
To be honest, I don't know exactly my goals, I just haven't had much luck with loosing my baby fat from having Kynslee that anything to me is nice. I'd love to loose about 15 by the end of June. I have a church camp at the end of May and the meals are all provided and we will be there all day and so I have no time to do actual workouts for about 4 days. So, I'm thinking if I loose some before then I may gain a little back during that time. I think 15 lbs (I'd love more though) is a good goal for me since I don't have as much to loose and I don't want to try and set too high.

Something else is... (but please don't mention elsewhere as not sure yet) we'd like to possibly start TTC late summer. DH would like for me to loose weight before TTC and I'd love to also. So, that somewhat hinders my goal if so as I can't really loose when/if pregnant. But, I'd love to stay your buddy and help you though and also hopefully if we do get pregnant that I'll have more motivation & encouragment to stay healthier.

7% is great - how exciting!! Keep it up mama!

I'm working out more trying to do 2 mini work-outs and today I boosted a step up in doing the hardest/fastest 1 mile workout of my dvd's and wasn't too tired. I'm hoping by Friday I'll be doing a 2 mile workout walk.

I wouldn't mind doing a weight in every Friday. I started out at 172 and that was yesterday morning (or maybe Sun night).
May 15th, 2013, 07:07 AM
I think 15 is a wonderful goal, but might be a little tough. You are currently almost at my goal weight! (I want to hit 160 in a years time). I know when I get around 180s, weight comes off a lot slower, for me any way. But, I am here to support you, and if that is your goal, we will make it happen!!

How exciting that you may start TTC! And getting healthy is of course very important for getting ready to TTC, and pregnancy. I would like to stick through this together , regardless of if you are pregnant or not!

We are DONE DONE DONE having babies, lol. I had an emergency c-section with Amber, followed by another c-section with Addyson. I also have a horrible pregnancy with Addyson, requiring complete exercise restriction and I got gestational diabetes. Those two things really contributed to my weight gain. Addyson completed our family, and I got my tubes tied during my 2nd c-section. It was a hard decision, but the right one for our family.

Good for you with your exercises! I have stuck to it with the gym so far this week. Two more days til the weekend .

How do you feel with your diet? I was good last week, but have been hungrier this week - I think because my metabolism is increasing due to working out. At least, I hope that it what it is! I am trying to add more protein, and slower burning carbs (like Quinoa) to see if I feel satisfied longer. I am SUCH a snacker, and love to pick at different things throughout the day. I am trying to keep some fresh veggies and hummus around for those cravings.

This weekend will be tough for me, as I am going to my dads. My stepmother is a WONDERFUL cook, but very Italian. Heavy pastas, and lots of breads are in my future :/. I am hoping i am able to stay strong, but its gonna be tough!!

Do you have any exciting weekend plans?

~*~Meghann~*~

May 16th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yesterday was a really full day for me and I ended up only getting in a quick 20 minute easy one mile walk in at around 10pm last night. I just finished my one mile super challenge and am hoping to do another 1 mile or maybe 2 more 1 miles. I'm trying to work my body up to where I can do the easy 2 mile and then hopefully go from there.

Feeling hungry is always the hard part of a diet! And, I'm a snacker also so I know how you feel somewhat. I actually haven't felt too hungry yet with this diet so I'm hoping it's actually working. I just bought hummus Tuesday evening and ate some yesterday with my carrots. But, I notice that it has lots of carbs and I'm trying to stay away from carbs. I hear they are good carbs, but still I may have to stay away from it for the first week or so.

I agree that 15 pounds may be a little hard in a month. I guess I stated it thinking that if I want to loose weight before possibly TTC then I need to do it sooner verses later. But, I should probably set more realistic goals and try from there. So, I'll say 10lbs by the end of June. It's a little more reasonable.

Are you going to do a weigh-in tomorrow, Friday?

How are you feeling about your exercise? Your diet?

I'm sorry you had rough pregnancies! That's always hard. I was on bedrest with kynslee for the last 3-4 weeks and that was hard for me - I always like to be up and doing things. But, GD is really hard (I hear) and never had that. The nice thing about being done with having kids is that you can work out all you want and not have to worry about another baby bringing you more weight. That's one concern I have. I lost about 12 pounds about 3-4 weeks prior to conceiving Kynslee and in the first trimester (when baby isn't really getting much from me and doesn't weight hardly anything) I gained 15 lbs! I think I really just quickly re-gained all that weight that I had just lost. So, that's also why I'm hoping to try and loose weight sooner and that way slow down the weight loss prior to TTC. Staying healthy and trying to keep trim is such a pain!! I'm glad you are here to share with me the up's and down's and hope you share anything/everything with me. - - - - Sorry if I went on and on
May 17th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Well, weigh in today - another 2 pounds down. just putting this ALL out there... I am feeling a little discouraged.

I started this whole thing 3 weeks ago at 260.6 lbs.
On May 3rd, I weighed in at 256.6
On May 10, I weight in at 253.6
Today, May 17, I weighed in at 251.4

So, total weight loss in 3 weeks = 9.2 lbs.

Good? I feel... not impressed. Maybe it is because I am a big girl, and I am working SO SO SO hard, and I want to see bigger losses. I am eating good, organic, home made meals. About 1250 calories a day, give or take 50. I am working out at LEAST an hour a day, usually an hour and a half. And I am pushing myself the whole time. I do 1/2 hour on the elliptical, then either 1/2 hour of the weight circuit Planet Fitness offers and 1/2 hour on the treadmill walking uphill at 3.0 mph, or an hour on the treadmill walking up hill at 2.8 mph.

I really wanted to see 4 lbs today. I wanted to be in the 240s SO badly, and I pushed myself to get there. Last week, when I only lost two, I chalked it up to my period. But now it happened again. :/

*sigh* I KNOW 2 pounds is good. I do, but the part of me that was anorexic/bulimic/whatever wants a BIGGER number. I guess I also get caught up in like, the biggest loser type stuff. Big numbers, etc. I know they are working out like 10 hours a day, having meals prepared for them, etc - but still, I just want that....

Sorry for the vent... This is the early, make it or break it point for me. Pushing through, accepting the slow (although Healthy) weightloss is HARD.

Anyway, I am totally here for you, and I certainly understand the whole weight gain in early pregnancy. Walking is SOOOO good for you. And I think it is great that you are sticking with it!

Did you weigh in today? Have you noticed any changes in your body, or had 'non scale' victories?

~*~Meghann~*~

May 17th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I tried to weight in this morning but not sure if I really lost any or not. My weight usually varies from 170-175. I was 170 this morning but that was after a workout last night and then no food all night long. So, I'm thinking possibly no weight loss this week? But, I noticed my posture is better and that though I may not have lost any, I seem to look a little thinner in the tummy and DH noticed it also. I think the workout is firming the stomach more and that's better than nothing for me.

I feel somewhat discouraged also since after working soo hard all week I wish I'd lost something, but it's a slow journey that eventually brings wonderful victory!

Keep it up mama - I agree it's hard but stick with it!! I'm going to keep trying best I can no matter what!! If anything, I at least feel better after working out and it's good for me if I loose pounds or not. You are doing such a great job and doing way better than me - I couldn't work out for that long period each time so I think you're wonderful!! Don't worry about venting.... it's great to share up's and down's!! I'm going to stay here for you as best I can and hope you do the same for me.

My arms are so sore today from doing 2 - 1 mile challenges. I feel like not doing it today but I can't let myself stop now!!
May 21st, 2013, 12:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Meghann! How's it going with you? How was your weekend? I know you said something about going to your Dad's. How did that go?

I haven't been as strong on my diet this week but am still trying to do better. We got a bike seat for Kynslee so we are hoping to start going on bike rides and that should be fun. It'll be a great way to get a quick little 'workout' when we don't have enough time to go on long walks. And, it should be great for my legs and thighs.

What are your weightloss plans/goals for this week? I'm hoping to just go below 170. Even if it means just 1 pound I will know that I've finally started actually doing something and not just staying the same weight.
Enceinte2012 likes this.
May 23rd, 2013, 09:38 AM
HI Ashley!

I am so sorry I haven't been around much. The weekend was so busy, and work is a little crazy!

I didn't do too hot on the weekend - I ate movie theatre popcorn . BUT, I got right back into things, and have been to the gym all week. I am thinking its going to be a good week on the scale - but we shall see tomorrow!

How are you doing? Did you get to start your bike rides? That would be fun - such a good idea! I haven't been on a bike in ages!

How about diet wise - hows your eating? Mine has been pretty standard, sticking to about 1250 calories a day. I am starting to feel a difference in my body - I feel ... healthier! I am truly eating mostly organic, healthy meals. I make everything myself, so I control the sodium, sugar, etc. Its amazing, because now any 'processed' foods taste overly salty, or overly sweet, and really have no appeal. I never thought I could change my view on things so much so quickly!

So, tomorrow - I want to be 248, which would put me at twelve pounds lost. I think I just might do it, too

~*~Meghann~*~

May 24th, 2013, 05:31 AM
....aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd 4.8 lbs lost this week! I am so happy with that

Did you weigh in today? How are you feeling?

~*~Meghann~*~

May 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This week has been horrible as far as dieting and exercising goes!!! I'm not eating as healthy as I should and have only been working out once a day. But, over-all I feel like I'm doing better then I was doing but after 2 weeks I haven't lost any weight! Very discouraging as I do try and eat better than I have before.

We only went on one quick 15-20 minute bike ride on Monday. But, haven't been out since as we've been busy all week. I think that's part of why I haven't been sticking to my diet so easily. And, this weekend we will be going to a camp that has pre-pared meals all weekend long and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get a workout in either. I'm tempted to stay strong but I know this weekend I really won't be able to.

But, I'm hoping to get more motivation and start working my tail off again when we get back. Well, I still have the motivation but I know that I really can't do well this weekend as we will have to eat out 2 meals and then all the prepared meals are not usually the healthiest. So, rather than making myself more discouraged about it I'm trying to put things on hold this weekend and really get set next week. My main disappointment is no weight loss yet But, hopefully I'll see it soon!

I hope you have a good weekend. And - - - I'm sooo proud of you and happy that you lost good this week!! Yea to be in the 240's!
May 24th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Sorry you are struggling :/. I know it can be hard - trust me.

Is there a way that you could take a day and make all your meals and snacks for the week? I do that on sundays. That way I know exactly the calories in each meal, and have lots of 'go to' easy snacks. I also purchase 100 calorie packs - almonds, pretzels, etc., so if I get crunchy hungry, they are readily available!

Finding time to exercise is ROUGH! If I couldn;t go to the gym super early before work, I don't know where I would be... certainly not at the amount of weight lost that I have!

Remember any little bit of exercise is helpful. Would you like to do one of the 30 day crunch and/or squat challenges with me? I know a bunch of people who have seen results in those 30 days

Have a wonderful weekend!

~*~Meghann~*~

May 28th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, we had a blast over the weekend and though I didn't stick to my diet I think that I did pretty well overall. The whole weekend I avoided the dessert table until the last day I saw an ice cream cake and decided to go ahead and have a piece. And, they had lots of salads and I didn't pig out like I sometimes would.

We just got back from a 3 mile back ride. I'm going to try and do a workout tonight but we'll see.

Thanks for the encouragement!! What is the 30 day squat / crunch challenge like? I've heard of them before but never looked into it to see all what it included.

How was your weekend?
Enceinte2012 likes this.
May 31st, 2013, 05:29 AM
Hi Ashley!

Friday way in - I am officially down 15.8 lbs in one month. I am VERY happy with this

Good for you for sticking to the diet over the holiday!! I think I did ok - not as good as I could though.

I went to the gym tuesday - friday this week. Did cardio tues-thurs, and strength training friday (today).

Here's links to the images for the challenges:
Crunches:
http://www.aprilathena7.com/wp-conte...-challenge.jpg

Squats:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...57197415_n.jpg

I didn't stick through these faithfully, so I am starting fresh tomorrow, so June 1st - 30th. Want to do the challenges with me?I know a couple people who have done them, and really saw good results!

Are you on facebook? Feel free to add me (Meghann Carl). I also have a private group I update on there, and am in a bunch of fitness groups and challenges - and I would love to have you on there

I am also on Pinterest, and constantly pin new exercises and recipes

I gotta tell you, I am EXCITED about this new lifestyle, and the positive changes it is sending my way

How are you feeling?? I am excited to hear your way in this week! I just know you will rock it!

~*~Meghann~*~

June 3rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I typed a response the other day and it didn't ever post. I didn't have time to re-write everything again then.

I didn't loose anything all last week. I'm still at 170 But, I didn't do as good as I should have either so that's part of the reason. But, I'm hoping to really do good this week and see if anything helps. I know AF didn't help me at all last week but she's finally left (for now but I've been crazy ever since stopped bfing so I never know when she'll show again).

A small, but at least something, goal that I reached was doing the 2 mile workout. Yea!! So I went from the 1 mile super challenge to now the 2 mile high calorie burn.

I'm also going to start trying to do the crunch and squats challenge. But, I will say that I hate and despise crunches - LOL!! But, I need to keep trying to do something! I'll need big time motivation for this. Have you started working on this? If so, how's it going?

I'm not on facebook as DH's side is full of drama on fb and I'd rather not deal with that. We do instragram for pics and keeping up with friends. I know not the same but that way we avoid lots of drama. I don't have a pinterest account but have gotten lots of ideas from there. What are some of the recipes that you enjoy from there?

I'm happy for this new lifestyle as far as the way I feel after working out and such but am discouraged about not loosing weight. I think it will really help me enjoy it more once I start officially seeing the pounds leave for good. I will say that I needed new bras as my others were small after bfing and so I finally broke now and bought new ones. After many hours searching and going to Nordstrom rack and Nordstorm's I got 5 new bras. I'm actually finally not sagging as much and have great support. That has helped me feel better as you can finally see more of my figure and not just boobs and then a saggy belly. But, I'm not happy that I'm now considered a US size 34 K Why of why do I need such huge boobs? Do you know of a good exercise/s that helps loose boobs?
June 6th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am up to day 3 of the squat and crunch challenge - well really day 4 so today is my rest day! Man, our my legs sore, hopefully that's a really good sign. Even if I don't loose weight this week I'm enjoying the exercise more. So far every day this week (starting Monday) I've done at least one 2 mile workout and am excited about that.
June 12th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have lost about 3-4 pounds and am excited!! I hoping the weight continues to shed! How are you doing? Have you lost any more weight?

I am doing the squat and crunch challenge. But, I realized today that I'm behind on my squats and to catch up I'd have to do about 20 extra today (which probably won't happen as I'm having trouble sticking to the going up 5-10 every day). I've been doing them every 3 days with a day rest but I forgot to go up more after resting so I'm behind. But, at least I'm doing them and it seems to help. If I don't get up to 250 squats in a month I'll be happy to get up to doing 200 in one day!
Enceinte2012 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search