Melissa and Amy's Baby Weightloss Journey!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Oh boy... well, better late than never. It's cold here too so I've been doing what I can, when I can inside the house. I plan on this being a great week, for both of us! So far so good. Were you able to get in some walking on your treadmill? The only exercise equipment I have is aerobics steps, 2 lb hand weights and a yoga ball, lol.
March 24th, 2014, 07:19 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did get on the treadmill, only did a mile and a half. I had to take Jacob to the dr today. Not sure if I told you but he's had diarrhea since last Tuesday and he's still got it so took him to the dr today. she's not sure what's wrong. She thinks it is most likely a virus but if it doesn't get better by Friday she wants me to take him to the Children's Hospital here and get a stool sample done so they can try to figure out how to treat him. I don't think it is anything bad because he has never acted sick but I really want it to go away so I don't have to deal with taking him.We had a pork loin roast tonight for dinner. i made it in the crock pot and it was pretty good.I definitely agree that we are going to have a great week this week. I've done really good on my eating today so hopefully I can keep it up.Oh some good news. Stephen has agreed to get a vasectomy done. I'm a bit sad because I know we won't have any more babies and I'll never be pregnant again. But I do know that three kids is all we can afford.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 25th, 2014, 12:57 PM
I was feeling down this morning after weighing myself and seeing I gained a lb. I'm okay now, I've had time to get over it. It's just a number, I'm trying my best and that's what counts. I might try weighing myself on Mondays only instead of everyday and see if that helps me. How has your day been going? How's Jacob feeling? Hopefully his stools aren't as bad today. Poor thing! Your DH is a good man. Now hurry and get it done before he changes his mind! LOL My DH is too chicken... I will probably have to take birth control pills until I get a bit older and hit menopause.
March 25th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I can't believe that DH said he would do it. He always changes the subject when I bring it up but since Jackson was conceived while I was on birth control pills I think he's scared that it might happen again, as am I. My dr jokingly said that we could pass each other in the hallway and get pregnant so I think that scared him too.lol. We are pretty lucky that we get pregnant so easily but again now that we don't want anymore that seems like a curse.My day has been going good. You are probably right about not getting on the scale daily. Maybe every few days. I know my weight fluctuates alot. I usually go by the weight on Monday for my weekly weight but use the weight on the other days as a motivator to work harder if it goes up. It does suck though when you are working so hard and it goes up. Don't worry it will go down.I haven't called daycare yet to see how Jacob is doing. Hopefully better. My day is going good. It is very cold here, actually snowing right now so I did about 30 minutes of the postnatal DVD that I bought. I liked it alot. It was definitely hard. Breakfast was egg white omelet and for lunch I had a salad with some smoked salmon on it. I also bought some chia seeds and I'm going to try to make some chia seed pudding. A friend on Jacob's DDC told me about it and it's so good for you and suppose to be yummy. I'll let you know how it turns out. for dinner tonight I think we are going to grill out a pork tenderloin with squash and carrots. I'm so hoping that DH gets home in time to do the grilling. I don't want to grill in the snow. We do alot of grilling because it's so easy and usually really healthy.

March 25th, 2014, 11:36 PM
I've never had or heard of chia seeds. Where did you find them? I made a thread about it but I'm starting over on my weightloss journey. I needed to wipe my slate clean. lol

MMmmm, I think everything tastes better grilled! I cook most everything in the oven or on the stove top. I should really use my crockpot more often too, but grilled food truly is so delish! DH usually only grills on special occasions. So what do you have going on today?
March 26th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I found the chia seeds at our local grocery store. here is a link that will show you what they are http://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Organic...chia+seedsThey are suppose to be really good for you. I mixed 1 cup of almond milk, 3 tbsp of chia seeds and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and let it sit in refrigerator overnight and it made sort of a pudding. I topped it with fresh strawberries this morning. I think I used too many chia seeds so next time I will use less but it was good and my breakfast was already prepared this morning.I did step aerobics workout this morning. it's still cold so no walking outside and since I'm 6 weeks I figured it would be ok. It was one that DH had gotten me for Christmas but since I was big and pregnant I couldn't do it. I am one of those that still loves step. I put Christian in his bouncing chair and he sat there and watched me. he moved his legs and arms the entire time, almost like he was working out with me. So funny.I think the biggest key to losing weight is writing down everything that goes into your mouth. If you know you have to write it down later then you sometimes think twice about eating it. One thing I love about weight watchers is that I get 40 points each day and I can decide what I want to eat to get my points. If I know something will put me over then I will think twice about eating it.I love cooking in the crock pot also. So easy and when I get home in the evenings dinner is done. I've actually got some chicken with artichokes cooking in my crock pot right now.I know you can lose the weight, it will just take time which I know sucks.

March 26th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Oh okay!! I think I have had chia seeds before. I'm almost positive they came with a Greek yogurt I tried. I didn't think much of them except that they were crunchy and I hoped I didn't have any stuck in my teeth, lol. What section in the grocery store did you find them? I want to pick some up.

I'm making BBQ chicken, baked beans with bacon and red cabbage coleslaw later this evening. I'm going to be really careful with portion sizing since dinner tonight will bring up my calories fast. I do LOVE artichokes but haven't had them in almost a year! DH doesn't like them and they are pricey so I usually don't bother getting any. Hmmm, I might pick some up for myself next grocery trip.

The weather wasn't bad here this morning, although now it looks like we might get some rain here pretty soon. It was only a little chilly out, but I put Toren in his big, bulky insulated coat that is still kinda huge on him. Lol! He looked silly-cute, haha. We walked 2 miles fast paced so I could do as much as possible before Toren got fussy. He was still doing okay by the end of the 2 miles but the wind started to pick up, so I decided it was probably best to take Toren back inside. Plus my legs were getting sore (I'll take that as a good sign).
March 26th, 2014, 02:17 PM
the chia seed are in the health food section of our grocery store. Also if you have an organic food section in your grocery store they may be there. They are crunchy but when you soak them in the almond milk over night they become mushy. it was good topped with the strawberries, plus they are suppose to be really good for you.i'm glad my DH likes artichokes. I buy them canned so they are too expensive. I love them. When I was pregnant with Christian I would crave them and just eat them straight out of the can..lol.Glad you got in 2 miles. definitely a good sign that you were sore but glad you stopped, you don't want to push it and hurt yourself.

March 28th, 2014, 11:33 AM
How has your week been going? Are you doing good? I've been doing pretty good. This morning I did 2 miles on the treadmill while Christian hung out in his swing beside me. eating has gone ok. Last night we had t-ball so we did eat fast food.I'm going to the grocery store today and I'm going to try to buy lots of healthy food for next week. I have found it's harder to eat healthy when your tired. Christian has been going through what I guess is a growth spurt because all he wants to do is eat so we are definitely tired today. Hoping he will sleep better this weekend.It's suppose to rain here most of the weekend so we won't be doing much this weekend. I'm hoping to clean the house and get some laundry done. It's piling up. Have you got any fun plans for the weekend?

March 28th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I have been doing really good with eating and exercise for the week. I'm proud of myself. No cheating or mess-ups so far. I'm feeling really good. Confident that this is all going to pay off and I WILL eventually be back down to my prepregnancy weight. Then I can work on getting back to my high school body ahah! It's hard not stepping on the scale everyday though... I am sooo curious what my number is. Hopefully it's going down now, at least a tiny bit!! I will shall see on Monday, eeek!

Aww Christian is such a good baby it sounds like. I hope his growth spurt isn't too bad for y'all. I know sometimes they can be kinda stressful for baby and mommy. Or at least Toren and I have had a challenging growth spurt just a few days ago. He seems to be a happier baby now after it, so that's always a good thing!

I met my exercise goals for the week except for my aerobics. I still have 60 minutes left to do before Mon, so I'm planning on knocking out some minutes this weekend. I can't wait until I can do more than about 20 minutes without panting like a dog and feeling like my lugs are going to burst. I have a core fitness workout dvd somewhere. If I finish up the rest of my aerobics early I might blow up my yoga ball and do some core strengthening. The ball kind of scares me though. I'm pretty heavy right now... I don't want to pop it (that would suck, lol)
April 2nd, 2014, 01:21 PM
LOL. You are not going to pop the ball. I love the exercise ball but my balance isn't that great right now so I might wait awhile before I start using mine. It is a great tool to work your abs though.

How has your week been? sorry I've been MIA, we've been extra busy at my house. I had my 6 week checkup and everything is back to normal with me. My dr gave me the birth control pill until DH will get fixed. I hate taking the pill though but I don't want to get pregnant. I just have to not forget to take it.

Yesterday I took Jackson to the eye dr, he has to have glasses. thankfully his little girlfriend wears them so he's excited.I've been doing great on my eating and started exercising harder this morning.

I'm going to try to alternate between cardio one day and weight training the next day and see how that works.If your looking for some really hard and really good free workouts you might check out this https://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLightI used alot of these when I was getting back into shape from Jacob and the best thing is that most of them just use body weight and they are about 15 minutes long.Hope your having a great week.

April 2nd, 2014, 08:42 PM
I did bad with my calories both yesterday and today. I've been feeling a little down in the dumps and that's usually when I over eat. All I can do is move past it and hope I can do better tomorrow. It sucks because I feel even more icky now, ugh! Oh that link you posted says the channel does not exist. Weird. Could you try sending it again? Not sure what the issue is.

I bet it feels nice to be all cleared by your dr. Now you can really kick some butt! Your going to be down 20 lbs in no time I bet. DH thinks I shouldn't worry about losing weight until I'm done with breastfeeding. Part of me wants to give up and say yes that's what I'll do... but I might as well keep working at it, even if I only lose 1 lb a month, it's still something. Thinking of only losing 1 lb a month is depressing but I don't think it will be that bad. Not this soon anyways. That's cute that Jackson's little girlfriend has glasses and is helping make getting his first pair an exciting time. I think most kids probably aren't too happy about it, lol. Luckily I don't have to wear any, but I haven't had my vision tested in a long time, other than like at a DMV. If I did need glasses it would be for reading or something like that.

Welp, tomorrow is another day What kind of things do you have planed?

Last edited by Ame C; April 2nd, 2014 at 08:50 PM.
April 3rd, 2014, 10:49 AM
Sorry you've been feeling down in the dumps but your right today is a new day and a new beginning. I know for me I can lose all but about the last 5 or 10 pounds while breastfeeding. Seems my body will hold onto some of the weight.

I didn't do too good last night. DH surprised me and took me out to eat for my birthday. He got his mom to watch the kids so we could go out so I ate way too much but it was oh so good. I figure like you today is a new day and I'll do better today and tomorrow.

I did get up this morning and work out. I did an interval workout that I have. I also did some pilates for my abs. I'm going to try to eat really well today. I've got a chicken salad for lunch and for dinner we are going to grill out some fish.

Don't know why that channel wouldn't show up. I tried it again and it was the same link. Here is one of the workouts from her channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84IvnTF3BOsHopefully it will work but if you will go to youtube and search for Zuzka Light it will pull up her channel and she's got a ton of good hard workouts, most about 15 or 20 minutes. her clothes are a bit revealing but she does give you a good workout.

Hope your having a good day today.

April 4th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Yowza! Her workout kicked my butt! I probably need to wait a few weeks before trying that again. I would most definitely end up hurting myself, lol.

Today I'm doing good. A few days ago I was invited to join a 30 day Spartan push ups challenge on facebook. It started April 1st. All you do is 30 push ups for 30 days. Today is day 4 for me and I'm feeling the burn! Yesterday my arms felt kind of like overdone spaghetti noodles and today my arms and back are just sore! I had to really push myself to do the 30 push ups today. I'm not able to do a proper push up, but right now even the modified push ups (30 of them) is really hard work. I have to do a few then stop a couple seconds, then do a few more, then stop a couple seconds. I'm curious to see what kind of improvements I will notice over the next 30 days. Maybe I will be able to do all 30 without stopping? That would be cool. Right now I can do 3-5 before I have to take a quick little break for my muscles to relax.
April 4th, 2014, 12:27 PM
LOL.. Her workouts are killer. I'd love to get to the point where I can do a full one without stopping. I did one of her ab workouts this morning and it kicked my butt. I'd love to have her body..lol. I don't think she has any kids though.

Glad your doing good. the challenges always give me extra motivation. and if you do 30 pushups a day for 30 days I'm sure you'll be doing them awesome by day 30.

We've got a t-ball tournament this weekend so I'll be at the ball park most of the weekend. Just hoping that I can eat good. The ball park has lots of tempting goodies. I'm going to take a cooler of healthy snacks for me and the boys so hopefully that helps.

Hope you have a good weekend. Next week we are both going to do awesome, just keep telling yourself that and hopefully next Friday we can say that we had a great week!!

April 4th, 2014, 02:05 PM
I bet if you take a cooler of snacks with you to the t-ball tournament each day, you wont have any problems eating healthy. I wonder if Toren will be interested in sports when he's a little older? It seems like it would be fun to watch. I'm sure you enjoy it and probably enjoy it more when your not tired from being up all night with a newborn.

I bet you're right and next week we both do awesome! Today I noticed the stretchmarks on my stomach are fading from a bright/dark red to a clear/light color. Everything else looks the same, but hey, at least that's something. I think I'll be happy when they aren't as noticeable. The stretchmarks don't really bother me because I never show my mid-section off. I would like for my legs and arms to look nice. Right now the backs of my thighs have cellulite and my arms are plump and jiggly. I hope those things are fixable. My mom said the jiggly arms are hereditary so I'm worried I wont be able to fix that. Eeep!

Enjoy your weekend
April 7th, 2014, 10:33 AM
As far as being interested in sports, I just signed Jackson up for t-ball last fall and really tried to make it fun for him. We practice at home and he has come to love it. I love sports and played as a child and I really want my boys to play sports also. It's good for them. you just have to really try to make it fun for them and they will want to play. We are also practicing basketball alot because he will start that this fall. I just start them as soon as they can play and I don't ask them, I just make it like it's something that we do and thankfully Jackson seems to like sports so far.

How was your weekend? Mine was good. I did good at the ball park. Took some snacks and thankfully I got Jackson to eat some healthy snacks and not that ball park crap. he loves apples and as long as you cut the skin off he will eat them up.

I got up this morning and did 45 minutes of step aerobics plus some push ups, squats and crunches for our challenges. I'm having a salad for lunch and tonight we are having some chicken thighs with artichokes which is one of my favorite things to eat. so good.

Hope your Monday has started off well.

April 7th, 2014, 11:39 AM
That's a good idea to put the kiddo's in sports so they learn to like them and become good at them. Are y'all going to do cub/boy scouts? DH did that when he was little and I think it would be a wonderful learning and growing experience for DS. Plus little boys look ADORABLE all dressed in their cub scout gear, lol.

My Monday has started off great! Even with my calorie screw ups last week I'm still down .8 lbs! It must have been all the exercising I've been doing. I'm so happy I didn't gain today! I was honestly hoping just to break even and not be up any weight from last Monday, so the - .8 lbs has me pleasantly surprised. I almost didn't weight myself this morning. I was very scared to step on the scale, but I really wanted to know where I was at today. I'm very glad I stuck with it

We have a bag of apples that are grainy textured. I'm not a huge fan... I prefer them to be more on the juicy side. So today I'm going to saute them with with water, brown sugar and cinnamon for a "sugary snack" for when I get those strong urges to cheat and eat something sweet. It's still loaded with sugar but at least it's much healthier than cookies and snack cakes (doesn't have all the fat and cholesterol that the other junk does). I'm also going to make some strawberry jello with some canned peach slices and lime jello with canned pineapple. All that should help me be good this week. If I need to shut my sweet tooth up I can do it without going over my calorie goals. Dinner is stuffed bell peppers. I'm a little envious that you were able to get a 45 min workout in this morning only because I haven't had time to do anything except my 30 push ups. Even right now DS is sleeping in my right arm... lol. I had wayyyy to much laundry backed up to do this morning. I also was vacuuming all the carpets. As soon as I was done DS started getting frustrated with his bouncy seat toys, so I haven't had time yet today to burn calories. I know I will be able to get in 15-20 mins of aerobics later, but I want to do so much more! Lol... well I'm excited for us because this week is going to be great!!!!
April 7th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I would like to do cub scouts also but I guess it will all depend on how much time sports are taking up and if we have time. I'm the sports fanatic in our family and DH knows nothing about sports so cub scouts would be something that he could do with the boys so we will probably look into it when they get a bit older.

Apples are a staple at our house. I will cut them up, put them in a baggie and them top with a bit of sugar and some cinnamon. My kids love them and much better than cookies for them. I might have to try cooking them up like you are doing. I know they would love them.

I was thankful that Christian slept so good this morning and I could get in a longer workout. Usually he seems to wake up around the 30 minute mark and that's all I get. I count house work as exercise on the weekends.

So glad you lost. I know that makes all your hard work seem worth it. Just think how much your going to lose when you workout and eat good!!

April 11th, 2014, 09:46 PM
How was your week?
I haven't been tracking my calories or exercising. I have so much on my mind right now I haven't been in the mood to keep up with it. It will get better once everything settles down with me. In the meantime I'm going to try to be good but I guess I'm not all that great at multi-tasking, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search