Melissa and Amy's Baby Weightloss Journey!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2014, 11:22 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today I am 5 weeks PP and down 20 lbs but I still have about 22 lbs to go to get to my goal weight, so lots of hard work ahead. I haven't gotten the go ahead to workout yet from my dr but he did say that if I was up to it I could take Christian on some walks so that's what we did this morning. We went for about a 2 mile walk. It was nice and he slept the entire time.

I also went ahead and joined Weight Watchers. I won't really start dieting until 6 weeks PP because that is what my dr has told me to do. he says you shouldn't start dieting until 6 weeks PP, you need to let your body get accustomed to breastfeeding and making all that milk for baby.

I have started trying to eat healthier though. this morning was egg white omelet with some corn beef and for lunch I had some spaghetti made with spaghetti squash which is my new favorite thing.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 19th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Sounds like you're doing pretty good so far. I think once my baby buddy wakes up I want to take him out for a walk too. That sounds nice! We haven't gone walking in a few days now because of the crazy weather. I'm sure both of us are ready for some fresh air.

I did weight watchers with my mom several years back and enjoyed it while our memberships lasted. We went to the meetings together and lost a decent amount of weight. I never renewed my membership because I planned on continuing with it on my own. I did it solo for maybe 2-3 months before going back to old habits and not keeping track of points anymore. Do you, or are you planning on going to the weight watchers meetings? Or do you do it from home?

Your breakfast sounded yum! It was an oatmeal kind of morning for me. For dinner last night I made stuffed bell peppers, so for lunch today I ate leftovers. I have a pot roast, potatoes and carrots in the crockpot for this evening. You know, ... I've never tried spaghetti squash before. I really should. I bet it's awesome. I'm not a picky eater when it comes to fruits and veggies. I love them all!
March 19th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I just do the weight watchers online. If I had time I would love to go to meetings but it's just too hard to find help with the kids and since Stephen works alot it just doesn't work out that he can watch them.you should definitely try spaghetti squash, we just use it instead of noodles and put our sauce on the spaghetti squash, even my kids don't seem to notice the difference. Although they still make such a mess that I will usually make them some rotini noodles or something they can pick up with their hands..lol.We've had crazy weather here also, one day it's 70 and the next it's 30. I think that is why everybody keeps getting sick. I love taking walks with my kids in the stroller, although we still need a double stroller for Christian and Jacob.i love stuffed bell peppers. I might have to make them sometime soon also. Hopefully we can both keep eating healthy and lose our baby weight. I just want to fit into my regular clothes again. I'm tired of my maternity clothes.

March 19th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Oh yes, I can imagine a double stroller is a must have! I hear ya though...... I'm sick of my maternity pants!!!! I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight by 3 months the first time. I was kinda hoping that's how it would be this time too but nope, I'm not that lucky. I think breastfeeding most likely is the reason why it isn't coming off right away. That and the first time I was depressed and barely eating....

So guess what? You inspired me to take a walk today, haha I don't think I would have found the energy to go out if you hadn't energized me with your post. Toren started dozing off at the end of it so I probably could have walked longer but made it almost 2 miles. He's sleeping in my arms right now I noticed pollen all over everything. Kinda hard to believe it's that time of year. I wasn't sure if Winter would ever end!

Fingers crossed for nice weather again tomorrow so we can both get out and stretch our legs.
March 19th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Yay!! So glad that I inspired you to go for a walk. I know for me I always have a hard time getting going but once I get up and do something it always makes me feel better.We had pork tenderloin for dinner with some pears. it is one of my families favorites and something that both my older kids will eat. here is the link to the recipe if you like pork tenderloin you should try it. So good and so easy.http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/pork-and-pears/Also I just got this new DVD for postnatal workouts. I watched some of it the other day and it looks pretty good. Not too hard. You might check it out. They are short workouts which I know is what I need with a newborn. you never know when they are going to want to eat..lol.http://m.momsintofitness.com/product...rkout-dvd/Also there is a moms into fitness app that you can get for free and she has a 30 day challenge with workouts she gives you. I downloaded the app and I may do the 30 day challenge in a few months.I think I might have jinxed myself talking about how good Christian sleeps. It is almost 9:00 and he is wide awake..lol. Just hoping he goes to bed before midnight which is what time he went to bed last night.Hopefully we will both have good days tomorrow also.

March 19th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Girl Scout cookies...
Okay so it's not the end of the world. I ate the cookies. It's this gosh darn sweet tooth! I'm pulling one of those "I will start over tomorrow" shenanigans. The thing is, I did really good today up until the moment I started gobbling down the thin mints and peanut butter cookies. Shame on me!... I don't need to "start over" I need to finish strong! For example, not eating a bunch of cookies before bed, LOL! I'm not going to let today's cookie obstacle ruin the rest of my week. I plan on finishing strong! Thursday here I come!

And your pear pork chops, MMmMMmmm!

Last edited by Ame C; March 19th, 2014 at 10:33 PM.
March 20th, 2014, 11:38 AM
I won't let girl scout cookies into our house. My husband is also trying to lose weight and he is addicted to Samoa's so if we buy them he can sit down and eat the entire box in one sitting and he doesn't need to do that so I haven't bought any this year. I'm real bad about the I'll do better tomorrow also. but we will just have to make sure that we do better today!!This morning I got up and made another egg white omelet. I put tomatoes and some bacon in this one. It was really good. and I made some chicken salad for lunch. I found a recipe that uses avocado instead of mayo and I love avocado so it was right up my ally. and tonight I think we are going to have some fish. I found another new recipe that I'm going to try. Assuming that my kids will let me cook dinner. some nights all Jacob wants to do his hang from my legs and that makes cooking dinner impossible until my husband gets home.I did go for a walk this morning. Not as long as yesterday. Christian has been a bit fussy today. I think we may be going through a growth spurt because he has been eating non - stop.he did finally go to bed last night around 10:00 but we were up every two hours so I'm a bit on the tired side today. Oh well maybe tonight will be better.Hope your doing good today!!

March 20th, 2014, 02:06 PM
I blame DH for bringing girl scout cookies into our home, lol. Surprisingly I lost 0.8 lbs this morning. Hey I'm not complaining.

It's a beautiful day out today! I was only able to walk a 1.5 miles. There was something in my sock that was driving me crazy! Lol I have an excuse for everything I stopped several times, took my shoe off and tried to figure out what was poking/rubbing against my toe. I couldn't find anything, but every time I put my shoe back on I could feel something digging into my toe as I walked. It was hurting pretty bad by the end of the walk. I still don't know what it was, but my toe was red and irritated when I got home and took my shoes and socks off.

I hope Christian sleeps better for you tonight. Toren still has a bad night here and there. This morning he woke up at his usual time but he was fussy from painful gas. He usually wakes up happy so I felt a little discombobulated until I got going. Does Christian cry when he gets gas?
March 20th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Christian seems to get upset when he's trying to poop but he doesn't really seem to get gas yet. We still haven't tried any bottles yet so I'm curious to see if he gets gas when he drinks from a bottle. I tried giving him a bottle but he would have none of it. He just screamed and cried. His dr said that alot of times breastfed babies won't take the bottle from mom when the boob is right there. Both my other kids had no problem. I am trying to get Stephen to give him a bottle but he's so busy trying to get our upstairs renovated that he just doesn't seem to have the time. he's going to have to do it soon though because in about a month or two Christian will start daycare and I need him taking bottles by then.sorry about your foot. That drives me crazy when there is something in my shoe and I can't figure out what it is.That's great that Toren wakes up happy. Christian always seems to wake up hungry so he very rarely wakes up happy. He's usually screaming to eat..lol. Have you tried gas drops? I used them with both Jackson and Jacob and they seemed to work.

March 20th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Oh, Toren has always been a gassy boy. From about 3-4 weeks until now. He is getting better about passing gas without it hurting him but a lot of the time he still gets fussy and cries. I give him the mylicon drops (or however you spell it) and I recently started gripe water because I hear that works better around 3 months old.

Good luck with giving Christian a bottle! Just curious what brand you are using? Some babies are just very particular and know what they do and don't want. Toren still hates pacifiers. I was able to get him to take it a couple times but only because he was too sleepy to argue with me much. Toren will take a bottle but I introduced our Tommie Tippee bottles the first week. I had to hand pump once my milk came in because I was engorged and he was having latch issues the first week or two. Maybe try a few different bottles and see if that works?
March 20th, 2014, 07:13 PM
None of my boys would ever take a paci. Both Jackson and Jacob would use their tongues and launch it across the room. It was hilarious. I have been trying Playtex nursers which are the bottles that Jacob used but I've also got some Dr. Brown's that I'm going to try and see if he likes them better. Jackson started on avent but hated them so I switched to Dr. Browns. I bought a ton of Dr. Browns for Jacob because I thought he would like them..lol. He hated them and refused them that's when we tried the playtex nursers. Both of my other boys have been picky about their bottles so I figure Christian will also. How is Toren sleeping? Are you all getting up alot at night? We are still up 3 or 4 times each night. So hard. But I keep telling myself it won't last forever. Jacob was close to a year old before he was sleeping through the night. Thankfully he only got up once but that was a long year.

March 20th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Toren wakes up 2-3 times usually, unless he is having a bad night then it's more. He has been so difficult today. It's unusual. I don't think anything is wrong, just growing baby stuff, but my goodness I feel like I need to stop and collect myself. He's talking to his daddy right now, telling him what a hard day it's been in the life of a baby. Sounds like a pretty intense conversation. Toren's voice sounds calm and sweet then gets loud and serious, lol.
March 21st, 2014, 11:18 AM
Hopefully Toren is having a better day today. We have our fussy days also.it is so beautiful here today so we went for a walk. Made is 2 miles today. Christian slept the entire time. I bought an ergo carrier so I think next week I may put him in there and try walking that way.Breakfast was an egg white omelet with some cornbeef and mushroom. also had a 1/2 of an avocado. Lunch was a salad from Wendy's. Today is grocery day so we are out of most everything. We have t-ball tonight so I'll probably eat out for dinner. We usually hit Wendy's or McDonald's before practice so hopefully I can find some healthy to eat. I prefer Wendy's by my kids prefer McDonald's.How is your day going?

March 21st, 2014, 12:29 PM
I think I know now why Toren was fussy all day yesterday.... last night he woke up around 1:30am because of a diaper blow-out. It was messy. I had to give him a bath, change his sheets, and scrub the bedroom carpet because he was dripping liquid poo and I didn't notice right away. We were up about an hour dealing with that. Fun night!

I want an ergo so bad!!! I have a moby and some other kind of carrier kind of similar to an ergo (the brand has escaped my memory at this moment) but it isn't very good because Toren's feet start turning purple after 15+ mins in it. The leg holes are spaced really far apart and it digs into his thighs causing bad circulation in his legs/feet. Let me know what you think of the ergo when you pick one up.

Today has been great so far. I think having a weighloss buddy was the motivation I needed to get going. I walked just under 3 miles this afternoon and feel energized like I could walk another 2 (but I wont) lol. I'm really glad I have you to help keep me on the right path. I'm feeling confident about this. Plus this gorgeous weather today has added a little extra pep to my step
March 21st, 2014, 07:42 PM
Sorry about the blow out. I hate it when that happens. Jacob has had really bad diarrhea for the past few days so we have been dealing with that. He has been fine other than that so I'm not sure what is going on. If it last through the weekend I am taking him to the dr. I don't think he has a virus and he hasn't eaten anything different that I know of so I can't figure out why he has diarrhea.A good friend of mine from Jacob's DDC told me how great the Ergo was so we got one. I'll let you know how I like it. I bought a ring sling and hated it. I felt like he wasn't that secure and the wraps I have never been abe to figure them out.So glad that you had a good day and got in a good week. I know after I had my miscarriage I started checking in daily about working out and eating with some ladies from TTCAL and that helped me greatly. I think having somebody to keep you motivated is a great key to getting in shape and I'm glad it seems to be working great for both of us. Hopefully in a few months we will both be on our way to reaching our goal weights.Hope you have a great weekend. Anything fun going on?I meant to ask you how breastfeeding was going for you and Toren? I hope it's going good. Christian is a great nurser and things are going really good with us. He doesn't want to use me as his paci so that is nice. Jacob used me as his paci and that got very hard.

March 21st, 2014, 11:39 PM
Poor little guy! That is weird that he has diarrhea but no other symptoms. Hopefully it's nothing and goes away on its own. I dread Toren's first sickness... not looking forward to it! He is doing good with nursing. I mean, he does it most of the day and night but it doesn't really bother me too much. I'm getting used to it actually, but I still worry that something is wrong that is making him want to nurse so often and long. I do think he has a top lip tie. Not a bad one, but I hear a clicking noise occasionally when he's nursing, like he doesn't have the best latch. I don't want to get it clipped though... not if he is doing fine with it the way it is. I think if by 6 months he's still wanting to nurse 24/7 then there is an issue and we will deal with it then. Right now I'm just going to chalk it up to him being a baby and wanting to be attached to mommy for most of his time.

My legs are kind of sore from walking today. I didn't walk anymore than the almost 3 miles, but the muscle are just now starting to get achy. I better go to bed and let them repair themselves. It's late anyways. My sore legs got me thinking, I'm going to buy a new pair of athletic shoes. The ones I have now really aren't for running, plus it's time to replace them. My muscles and joints will thank me for it later Oh and Saturday (technically today now) is my niece's 2nd bday. It's at a park so hopefully it doesn't get rained out. We are supposed to get some showers coming through. I'm also hoping Toren is okay and doesn't act like he did at his baby shower. He was so fussy and sleepy.

Last edited by Ame C; March 21st, 2014 at 11:44 PM.
March 22nd, 2014, 07:24 PM
Hope your legs are feeling better today. The workouts may just be catching up to you a bit. I know I am a bit sore and I think it's just because I haven't done much lately and then this week I started walking again. After a few more good walks the soreness should go away.

Jacob's diarrhea seems to be better today. he only pooped once and it was still runny but not as bad as it had been. Hopefully he is on the mend and tomorrow we will have even less diarrhea.

Hope you guys had good weather for the party. It was beautiful here today so I put Christian's swing on the back porch and Jackson, Jacob and I played in the backyard. DH had to work today so I took care of the kids all day. No real workout today but playing with them was a pretty good workout.We grilled out steaks for dinner and had baked sweet potatoes. they were so good. I got on the scale this morning and I am down a one lb so atleast my hard work seems to be working some.

Toren won't always nurse so much. Jacob was the same way. He was basically attached to my boob for the first few months. It was very hard and I had such a hard time getting anything done but eventually he got where he didn't want to nurse as much. I don't know much about lip tie but as long as he is gaining weight and it's not killing your boob I don't think there is much to worry about. Hopefully it will get better on it's own.

Tomorrow I have to take all three kids to church by myself and I'm not really looking forward to that. Stephen has to work and it's our Sunday to work in the nursery so I have to go. Usually I will just stay home when he has to work. It's hard getting all three kids into church, plus it is suppose to be raining so we will probably be soaked by the time we get into church.Hope your saturday has been good.

Last edited by melissalaw; March 22nd, 2014 at 07:31 PM.
March 22nd, 2014, 08:24 PM
That's great you lost a pound! Small victories help pump me up and keep me motivated. Don't you wish you could frame it and hang it up on the wall? "First pound."

Yea I read about your church plans over in PAL I think. You're watching all the little ones with one other lady? Good luck!! I'll say a little prayer for you, lol!

Today for me has gone pretty good. Toren has been a bit on the fussy side. I was only able to walk 1 mile today because little man wasn't happy. I tried going back out a second time later in the day but after about 5 minutes he started whining like he was going to start crying so I turned around and went back home. The birthday party was nice. I didn't stay long but the weather held up for us. They were serving pizza and of course cake. I'm proud of myself I didn't eat any of it. I did have a few cookies when I got home but I didn't go over my calories.
March 23rd, 2014, 05:25 PM
How was church? I hope all the little ones were kind to you and it wasn't too hectic. Toren was HORRIBLE last night, but an angel today. Funny how that works. It has been a lazy day for me. I haven't gone outside but to take the trash to the road, so no walking for me today. In my free time I've been doing laundry, straightening up and cleaning out kitchen cabinets. I had some used baby toys packed away because I didn't ever get around to cleaning them, so I did that too. I love the smell of clean bleached toys.
March 24th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Well getting to church was the fun part. Stephen made some muffins for Jackson and Jacob for breakfast and when they ate all those he gave them so toast. Way too much food for little boys. We were walking out the door and Jackson throws up everywhere. So we were 30 minutes late getting there. It wasn't too bad when we got there. My grandmother keeps the nursery with us so it was nice to spend some time with here.I didn't do much yesterday. I did eat good but took a break and no exercise. I'm going to try to do something here in just a little bit. It's cold so we probably won't go outside for a walk. I might just get on my treadmill and walk for a little bit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search