Amy/Teresa...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Guess what?!? I'm down another 1.5 pounds! That means I am exactly 204. I CAN'T WAIT to be under 200!!!

How are you doing with Taebo? I noticed yesterday you were up to 28ish minutes. Good job! I need to break out my Billy Blanks in the next couple of weeks again. I think I could do it better now, especially since I've been noticing that the Turbo Jam is getting a bit easier.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

November 14th, 2007, 06:29 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
WTG Amy! I am so excited for you! You are going to be in the 190s before you know it and that will be awesome. Something about dropping below 200 makes you feel good. I realized I forgot to update you on Patty yesterday. Didn't mean to totally ignore you. She is doing much better and is going home today. They kept her another day since she was feeling so bad and her hemoglobin was so low, but she sounded a lot better last night.

As for me, I didn't get any exercise this morning, but one way or the other will get some in today. I stepped on the scale today and was at 189.6! Woohoo, below 190! I am excited. I am about to go buy some cheap pair of size 16s (maybe today) and see if I have dropped a size. I may just go to the Goodwill. I don't want to spend much money on clothes that I don't plan to wear for very long. I am sticking with the Taebo for another week or two (until I can do the whole thing) and then I want to start rotating it with the Bootcamp cds. I still want to add in a second workout with weights in the evening, but I have yet to to do that so we'll see. As long as I get in something I am happy.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 16th, 2007, 04:19 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
AMY!!! WOOHOO! You rock! I just saw your weigh in from this week. I was totally not paying attention. You did so good this week! Just think another two, maybe three weeks and you will be below 200! (I'm thinking 2 weeks because you are just kicking butt!)

Teresa

November 16th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Quote:
AMY!!! WOOHOO! You rock! I just saw your weigh in from this week. I was totally not paying attention. You did so good this week! Just think another two, maybe three weeks and you will be below 200! (I'm thinking 2 weeks because you are just kicking butt!)

Teresa[/b]
I think you'll be to your next goal very soon too! I hope that I do well the next few weeks with Thanksgiving. I plan on just eating in moderation and exercising. I really liked the link Ashley posted in another post about holiday eating tips.

We have our first Thanksgiving Sunday, so we'll see how it goes.

November 17th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Hey! I weighed myself this morning at the time when I normally do. I was the same as yesterday, 204.2. I went back to bed (since I'll exercise tonight), and then I woke up and went potty (the other kind) again. This time, I weighed 203.4. I know I should just count the first one since it's the same conditions that I normally weigh myself under, but I sure did like seeing that 203 on the scale!

I am really feeling a difference in my tummy area. I thought I looked pretty hot in my jeans and size L shirt yesterday (you know...instead of an XL or 2XL). Now, if I could just get rid of my upper belly. I was fortunate enough to have Aiden be breech and carry really high up, so I have a funny looking belly. It was funny looking when I was pregnant too.

How's your day/weekend? Do you have any plans? We have my grandma's Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'm going to eat what I really want, but I plan on having small portions.

November 17th, 2007, 07:41 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
No plans for me other than cleaning. I am feeling really unmotivated today. I need to drag myself to exercise sometime today. I didn't exercise yesterday. I really want to be at 188 or better by next weigh in. I want to trade in my blinky, lol.

Teresa

November 17th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Quote:
No plans for me other than cleaning. I am feeling really unmotivated today. I need to drag myself to exercise sometime today. I didn't exercise yesterday. I really want to be at 188 or better by next weigh in. I want to trade in my blinky, lol.

Teresa[/b]
That would be awesome if you could trade in your blinky! I loved doing that this week. Good luck today!

November 17th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I just discovered something interesting tonight. The few times I've weighed myself in the morning and at night, I've gained weight throughout the day. I know that's completely normal. Well, I exercised this evening and then weighed myself before I took a shower. I weighed the same tonight as I did this morning (203.4). I hope that's a good sign for tomorrow and the rest of the week!

November 18th, 2007, 07:54 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I usually weigh a pound or so more in the evening than I do in the morning. My morning weights are more consistent. I'm still having a hard time staying consistant with my exercise. The diet has been coming easy for me, but I really have to work hard at staying focused on the exercise part. I am having trouble getting enough time in the day to do everything I want to do. I'm determined to make my goals this week.

I am so excited for you Amy. You are so close to dropping below 200. It will feel so good! I know how excited I was to finally be below 200. You are kicking butt! Me and you are going to look awesome this summer! I just know it!

November 19th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Quote:
I usually weigh a pound or so more in the evening than I do in the morning. My morning weights are more consistent. I'm still having a hard time staying consistant with my exercise. The diet has been coming easy for me, but I really have to work hard at staying focused on the exercise part. I am having trouble getting enough time in the day to do everything I want to do. I'm determined to make my goals this week.

I am so excited for you Amy. You are so close to dropping below 200. It will feel so good! I know how excited I was to finally be below 200. You are kicking butt! Me and you are going to look awesome this summer! I just know it![/b]
Are you still getting up at 3am to give your son his insulin/shot? If so, I bet that's making it difficult to get your morning exercise in. I know I'd be very tired, and I was when my kids were little babies and got up all the time in the night. Is he comfortable giving himself a shot? I wasn't sure exactly the situation. Anyway, the moral of my story is that I hope you can find some time to fit in your workout even if it's just a small one.

I gained 0.5 after my grandma's Thanksgiving yesterday. I thought I ate well, but I guess I should have exercised more. I only did 20 minutes of strength training. I hope to get up early on turkey day to get in a good workout. We're debating whether or not to go shopping on Black Friday. We have the past four or more years, but there's not really much we want to get then this year. However, it's sort of a tradition. Hmmm...

I hope you have a good day today!

November 21st, 2007, 04:02 AM
Hey! How's it going? Are you able to get in some more workouts? Doing taebo?

I think I lost weight too quickly last week. I was at 203.2 this morning. I did lose from yesterday, but that's a gain from the 202 I was on Saturday. I won't make my Thanksgiving Day goal of 200, but I sure did come close!

November 21st, 2007, 09:20 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I am so sucking over here! My diet has been great, but I didn't exercise yesterday and not sure how I am going to squeeze it in today. I'm going to try. I've had a lot of work to do and was up until almost 2am getting work done that needed to be done prior to Thanksgiving. I wouldn't worry about the little gain. I find I do that sometimes when I lose a lot really fast. You'll be at 200 in no time. I stepped on the scale this morning and was at 187.something so I am officially at a 20 pound loss so far. Hopefully it will stay that way and I won't gain anything back tomorrow. I really want to do this. If I get some exercise in today I'll check back with you later. (Oh and no I don't have to get up at 3am any more thank God! That is helping and dh being off of night shift is helping some.)

November 21st, 2007, 01:00 PM
Quote:
I am so sucking over here! My diet has been great, but I didn't exercise yesterday and not sure how I am going to squeeze it in today. I'm going to try. I've had a lot of work to do and was up until almost 2am getting work done that needed to be done prior to Thanksgiving. I wouldn't worry about the little gain. I find I do that sometimes when I lose a lot really fast. You'll be at 200 in no time. I stepped on the scale this morning and was at 187.something so I am officially at a 20 pound loss so far. Hopefully it will stay that way and I won't gain anything back tomorrow. I really want to do this. If I get some exercise in today I'll check back with you later. (Oh and no I don't have to get up at 3am any more thank God! That is helping and dh being off of night shift is helping some.)[/b]
Yeah for the weight loss!!! I hope you can find some time to exercise this week. I need to at least tomorrow. We'll see if I do Friday. Have a nice holiday!

November 26th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Hey! How's everything? I know you've been busy, but were you able to get in any exercise?

I'm down to 200.4 this morning. Yeah! I CANNOT WAIT to see 199 on the scale. That will be so awesome!

We're trying something new for dinner tonight...turkey burgers. I don't think I'll tell DH what they are beforehand and see if he likes them. They are really low in calories and fat. We're having them with whole wheat buns and spinach/veggie salad. Yum!

Take care!

November 26th, 2007, 07:49 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I did get a workout in this morning. I started doing the Billy Blanks Boot Camp dvds. I did the first one and did the whole thing! I felt really good about that. I am going to try the second one tomorrow. I should be caught up with everything (hopefully) today and then everything should be back to normal. I am going to try and catch up here later today. I feel bad being so MIA. I have done good with my diet though. I ate like 4 servings of sugar free jello at Thanksgiving to keep myself from being a piggy. It really helped and I am glad they had it there.

As for you, that is so awesome! You are going to be in the 190s in no time! I can't wait to see you make your goal. I get as excited for you as I do for me, lol. WTG! I will try and catch up with everything later today if I can. If not, definitely will be back to normal tomorrow.

November 27th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Awww! Thanks! I guess our weightloss buddiness is really working then!

Did you find your DVD to get in some more Billy Blanks? I ended up buying 3 new DVDs tonight...one was my replacement WATP Walk and Jog, then I bought a Gilad one (used to do his workouts back in the day), and I got a Brooke Shields one. The latter two were 4.5-5 stars out of 5 on Amazon. I can't wait until they come!

How are you doing on the challenges? Are you able to get those in? I am having some issues with the physical ones, but I'm still trying them.

Have a nice night!

November 28th, 2007, 06:34 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I didn't get my workout in yesterday nor have I got it done yet today. I'm going to make dh watch the kids and do one of my other dvds. I have not been participating in much of the challenges lately. I need to try to do better with that. I did not find my Billy Blanks DVD. I even went through the trash in the dumpster. I am really annoyed about it because things in my house when they disappear they don't always come back. I wound up odering 3 new dvds myself last night. I ordered another copy of the Billy Blanks dvd because I really liked this workout. Then I ordered a couple other things. Jari Love I think was her name and someone else. Not names or instructors I have ever heard of or used before, but thought I'd try something different. I'm still trying to perfect my workout. I find sometimes I have to go through quite a few dvds before I get a combo of workouts I like. Then I will do them for 6 or 8 weeks and try to switch them up for a different set of videos until I get a good rotation going.

Of course in the spring I think I am going to ditch some of my dvds and try to take on running again. We'll see though. I don't like exercising outdoors as much.

I feel like I am starting to get things settled down here again though with work and my diet I have been staying strong on. Oh and the scale went back down to 184. I am hoping it stays there or lower on Friday. I am thinking I will make my first mini goal of 182 by next week! I can't wait to see where you are at on Friday. I got a question for you. What size do you wear as far as clothes? I mean like are you tall, petite, or average. I have a few pairs of size 18s jeans that I am getting rid of. They aren't name brand or anything, but they aren't in horrible shape either. If you want them let me know and I'll send them your way.

November 28th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Quote:
I feel like I am starting to get things settled down here again though with work and my diet I have been staying strong on. Oh and the scale went back down to 184. I am hoping it stays there or lower on Friday. I am thinking I will make my first mini goal of 182 by next week! I can't wait to see where you are at on Friday. I got a question for you. What size do you wear as far as clothes? I mean like are you tall, petite, or average. I have a few pairs of size 18s jeans that I am getting rid of. They aren't name brand or anything, but they aren't in horrible shape either. If you want them let me know and I'll send them your way.[/b]
Sorry about your exercise DVDs being lost! I totally understand though.

I wear a size 18 or 20 right now. I'm 5 feet 4 inches, so in between petite and average. If you want to send them, that would be very nice! Let me know about shipping charges.

Well, have a great day!

November 28th, 2007, 07:11 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Lol, I just posted that I had to switch to petites now. I am 5'4" as well. Don't worry about the shipping. I'll send it when I send your treat and include it with that.

Teresa

November 28th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Lol, I just posted that I had to switch to petites now. I am 5'4" as well. Don't worry about the shipping. I'll send it when I send your treat and include it with that.

Teresa[/b]
Thanks! BTW, congrats on the weight loss! I'll have to get you something soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search