Amy/Teresa...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah! How's everything? I was pretty bummed by my weigh-in this morning. I was really, really wanting to see a 1 at the beginning. Maybe I'll get it this weekend. That would still be great! You're very close to your first goal!! Yeah!!!

Any plans this weekend? We're putting up our tree on Sunday. Like DH's family has done (still does), we're cooking a turkey with sides, putting the tree up, and then we'll eat peppermint stick ice cream (light). It should be fun.

Well, I've got to cook dinner now! Take care!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

November 30th, 2007, 05:17 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Don't sweat it Amy. You are so close. You will be below 200 really soon. Just keep plugging along. Me, I have been super, super busy this week. I have barely got any exercise in. I did get all my dvds in that I ordred today! Yay! I am going to do one of them tomorrow if it kills me. Maybe some how I will find some energy to exercise tonight. I still feel good because I lost a bunch this week. Not sure how that happened, but I'll take it. I really want to work on the exercise though because I don't want to look flabby and I really like having muscle definition. I hope you have a great time with the tree. I doubt we'll do too much this weekend.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 4th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Hey! How's it going? I'm a bit frustrated as the scale keeps going up and down, but it never goes below 200. I'm also frustrated because AF seems to want to come but she isn't showing up. I took a test this morning just in case, and thankfully it was a BFN. I don't want more kids until I get in shape.

I did a new DVD this morning, and it was pretty challenging for 30 minutes (Gilad). How are your new DVDs?

Are you getting Christmas shopping done? I have quite a bit done. Aiden wants a toy kitchen badly, so I need to order that soon.

Take care!

December 7th, 2007, 03:48 AM
Cute new siggy! Leo's so cute!

How's everything? Have you been able to get out of your mini-funk with AF and DH being gone? I hate those funks. I'm in one right now. My weight today is the same as last week. I think I need to play with my metabolism a bit and see if I can lose some that way. I think we're having pizza tonight. It's my splurge for the week, the only one I've had, and I still can lose anything. Ugh!

Have a great weekend!

December 7th, 2007, 06:47 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I've been sucking this week. No exercise at all. Dh gets home tonight so getting back on track tomorrow. I just couldn't get to bed early without dh home and then I was too tired to get up in the morning. It is next to impossible for me to exercise without getting up early or dh being home with 6 kids running around. I'm going to try to send you a pm later today.

Teresa

December 7th, 2007, 07:16 AM
I see you made your first goal! GREAT!!!!!! I'll have to order the thing I am going to get you. I might just have it sent to your house so I don't have to pay double shipping.

I hope when your DH gets home that you're able to get back into your routine. I can't imagine tending to six kids by myself. Two is a handful for me!

December 8th, 2007, 07:48 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I am thinking my next goal is 165. At 165 I don't feel so bad. I can't wait until I get there. You are so close to making your first goal. I can't wait to see you get there! I am going to try to get in a good workout today. Dh is home so I think I should be able to get some time in to exercise today. I am just so glad he is home. Last week was horrible. I just threw in the towel by Tuesday. He keeps me sane. I really want to break into the 170s by next weigh in. I think I can do it since I was 181.2 this week and AF is around too. That's where I am at. I know that I need to work on increasing my exercise and I am determined to do better with it. How you feeling Amy? How's your Saturday weigh in since I know you've been weighing less on Saturdays than Fridays.

December 8th, 2007, 12:53 PM
That sounds like a great next goal! I'm jealous of your losses!

My scale varied today. I weighed myself three times. I weighed in at 201.0, 201.8, and then later after breakfast (a couple hours later), it was 200.4. I'm doing okay today, and I do plan on doing some sort of exercise later. Hopefully, the number will be lower tomorrow. I need to put away laundry and do some housecleaning today and/or tomorrow too.

I have an AF question for you. My first/last postpartum AF started on Nov. 3 (which happened to be the 2 year anniversary of my mom's death...of course). It lasted 2 weeks. I haven't had another one since. I've had some pretty heavy cramping on and off. After you had your kids, did you have some weird AFs for a bit? I'm not on BC right now since we're doing NFP, if that matters.

Good luck with your workout today!

December 8th, 2007, 12:57 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Are you breastfeeding at all? With my first I BF for 6 weeks got AF back at 3 months. Second BF for 3 months got first AF at about 5 months. My next 4 I BF for a year or longer and didn't get AF back at all until they were a year old or older. AF did return some what normal for me, but I don't think it's uncommon to be whacky. Have you taken a pregnancy test? I have gotten pregnant first cycle back before. I would take a test if AF doesn't show up in the next week or so.

Teresa

December 8th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I BF this time for about 3.5 months. She almost 5 months when I got that AF. I took a preggo test the other day, and it was very obviously negative. I might test again tomorrow or in a few days. I'm hoping for a BFN.

December 9th, 2007, 04:05 AM
I tested again this morning...BFN. I think my cycle is just screwy since it will only be my second one. I'm feeling a tad crampy now, so maybe AF will show this week.

As for the scale, I was at 200.6 this morning. I lost 0.4 pounds since Friday. I think I needed a cheat meal. I'll probably be fairly active today with housework, laundry, possibly ironing, fixing toilet (thanks to Aiden flushing something down it), wrapping gifts, etc. I do plan on exercising some time too. I hope to see a new first number early this week!

Let me know how the party went! Good luck today!

December 10th, 2007, 05:20 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
This week is starting out right for me! I got in an awesome workout and feel really good about that. The scale hasn't budged for me. I really want to see the 170s. Actually I really want to see the 160s, but the 170s are the next best thing. I hope you are feeling better and hope you had a great day.

Teresa

December 11th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Great job on your workout! What did you do?

I did Biggest Loser s/t since it wasn't too hard. I still feel crappy this morning, so I might stay home from work. Unfortunately, since I'm salaried and used all my days with my maternity leave, I will see a lower check in the summer. However, I know we don't like to see sick kids at school, and I don't think I'd be very comfortable either. I don't want to spread it around. My whole family has it right now, so that's fun.

I got 2 new DVDs in the mail yesterday that I ordered...the WATP one that Aiden broke and a Cindy Crawford one. I weighed in at 200.2 this morning, so I technically haven't met my goal, but maybe that'll happen by Friday. I thought when I ordered those DVDs that I'd be way under 200 by the time I got them. At least the scale is going back down some.

BTW, you should be expecting a package in the next week or so. I hope you like it! Congrats!!!

December 13th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Hey! How have you been doing? Are you doing the 12 days stuff? It's really turning into a good workout. I am going to do WATP and dancing tonight along with the s/t stuff. My alarm didn't go off even though I thought I set it. Luckily I got up before I absolutely had to anyway. I think all our Thursday night shows are in reruns now, but if not, we can Tivo them.

I finally got AF yesterday. I lost another pound too. I was at 198.6 this morning. I hope it doesn't go up for tomorrow's weigh in.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

December 13th, 2007, 01:55 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Hey! How have you been doing? Are you doing the 12 days stuff? It's really turning into a good workout. I am going to do WATP and dancing tonight along with the s/t stuff. My alarm didn't go off even though I thought I set it. Luckily I got up before I absolutely had to anyway. I think all our Thursday night shows are in reruns now, but if not, we can Tivo them.

I finally got AF yesterday. I lost another pound too. I was at 198.6 this morning. I hope it doesn't go up for tomorrow's weigh in.

I hope you have a wonderful day![/b]
I haven't done any of the 12 days of Fitness stuff. I have found myself all worn out from this Get Ripped dvd. I am having a harder time getting cardio in with my kids at home. I can do most of the weight training stuff with my kids at my feet, but it is so much harder to get a good workout when nobody will stay out of your way. I am quite frustrated with it honestly. I am one way or the other getting a workout in today.

That is so awesome that you are at 198.6! You are almost to your first goal! Woohoo!

December 14th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Did you get your workout in yesterday? Are you still getting up early to do your workouts, or did that not work out (no pun intended...LOL)?

I gained a bit of weight since yesterday, so I just averaged my weight loss for the last few days for weigh in today.

Hey, I was watching the news this morning, and I saw your hometown on there. I didn't realize that we're not that far away. My guess is 3 hours, but I'm bad with geography.

Have a great day!

December 14th, 2007, 06:37 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Hey, I put you in mapquest and you are not very far from me at all (2 1/2 hours). I did not get my workout in and I was really ticked off about it too. Dh & I got in a bit of a fight about it because he's just making me mad. The one thing I want to do is get one workout in a day. I wanted him to just watch Leo for an hour, but he was over at his mom's and just couldn't manage to get himself home until 8:30ish. Then Steven proceeds to tell me he's out of insulin so I had to go to the Walgreens. I sat there forever because of billing problems with my insurance and by the time I got home it was almost 10.

So, today I went out to the Walmart first thing this morning and bought me a Gazelle and a yoga sticky mat. The biggest problem I am having is getting a cardio workout in. I can do my weight training dvds without my kids getting in my way, but the cardio dvds I can't seem to keep the floor clear of kids to do it. So, I figured I'd try out the Gazelle. I figure I can do it while the kids are watching tv right in the living room with them or watch something myself and get my workout in at the same time. I'll let you know how my plan works. Nothing ever seems to go right first try for me. I am happy though because the scale finally budged. I am at 179! I am just so psyched about it.

December 14th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Congrats on the loss!

Did you get the $100 Gazelle? That's the one we have. It's okay, but I don't like that you can't add resistance. I use it for easier workouts, but at least it's something.

Sorry about your DH being a butt! I totally understand that sometimes. My DH is trying to lose too, but he never workouts out anymore. I don't know about him.

Well, I'll be back later. Take care!

December 14th, 2007, 11:06 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I got mine for $84. I noticed you couldn't add much resistance to it. I wonder if you added weights to it if it would add more resistance. I have some ankle weights. I may try it out and see. I haven't got a workout in today because I was putting the stupid thing together, but I am aiming for a workout this afternoon. Hopefully, dh will be more helpful today.

December 14th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Have you tried your Gazelle yet? If so, what do you think? My DH can stay on that thing for like an hour, but I think I stand on it incorrectly or something. My feet start hurting after 10-15 minutes. I can eek out 30 minutes if I really want to though.

My body is tired, so I'm glad that tomorrow's exercise challenge is a rest day. I may actually take that. I need to do lots of laundry, my usual Saturday chore. DH will be gone again, so I will also be tending to both kids. I honestly don't know how you do it with six.

I hope you have a nice weekend! I'm about ready to fall over, so I'd better go to bed soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search