Amy/Teresa...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2007, 10:34 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Can you please, please check on me tonight? I have not got any exercise done in a few days and I really need someone to bug me tonight about it.

Just thought of one more thing. What do you think of us starting a weekly thread? Each of the partners that is? Like Amy & Teresa's buddy post or something like that so we can post back and forth and things not get lost?

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 5th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Make sure you get your butt moving today, Teresa! LOL I need to do 10 more minutes of strength training today to get 30 strength training and 30 cardio.
Weekly sounds great!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

November 6th, 2007, 04:07 AM
How'd you do last night? Were you able to get any exercise in?

I woke up this morning and started to exercise, but my back is so stiff. I have a tendency to get pinched nerves, so I didn't want to overdue it just in case. I laid back down, but I do plan on getting something in later tonight. I'm doing a "perfect streak" week on two other boards, so I need to get in either 30 min of cardio or 30 min of strength training daily. I plan on taking a day off in a few days though if I still feel stiff like this.

November 6th, 2007, 10:21 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I didn't get any exercise in last night. My dh I think only has a week left on night shift so it should be better soon. I did get a little workout this morning. I feel good about that. I really need to work on upping my exercise.

November 6th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Good for you for getting something in today. I think I'm just going to do 30 minutes on the Gazelle while I watch The Biggest Loser tonight. I love that show!

November 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Woohoo!! What do you think of just keeping one long thread instead of a weekly thread? I change my mind on things a lot. One of my weaknesses.

Hey would you be interested in doing a goal exchange? Like every 10 pounds we treat each other to something. A gift or surprise we pick out? We could keep it to ten or twenty dollars. What do you think?

You are doing so good with this! I really want to reach 190 by my next weigh in. I think I can do it. After that it'll probably slow down, but I usually lose the first 20 or 30 really fast. You and I aren't too far apart in weight and both have a lot to lose so I figure that's good. We can motivate each other. Let me know if you got your workout in tonight. YOU CAN DO THIS! I'll come back and check and who knows maybe I'll psych myself up to do a little workout tonight myself.

Teresa

November 7th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I did get in my workout last night. I did 22 minutes of the Gazelle, and I already had about 8 minutes of TJ CP1. I plan on doing 30 minutes of strength training tonight.

One long thread is fine with me. I think treats for goals accomplished would be fine. Do you have any specific details of how you'd want to do them?

How'd you do today?

November 7th, 2007, 03:54 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Nope, don't have any specific details for treats. Just thought it'd be fun. I'll pm you on that one.

I haven't got my workout in yet, but I am going to if it kills me. I have spent the entire day cleaning my upstairs of my house. My boys rooms are up there so I spent a lot of time going up and down stairs today. I still want a real workout though. I was too tired to get up this morning. I had people keeping me up all night. Dh let me get a long nap this afternoon before he left for work so I think I can get something in tonight, but we'll see. I do much better with morning workouts. I am going to try.

Teresa

November 8th, 2007, 11:34 AM
I try to do morning workouts too. I feel so "free" at night then since I don't have much to worry about, more things I have to do, when I get home from work.

I hope you're doing well today! Good for cleaning your sons' rooms. How old are your kids, btw?

November 8th, 2007, 07:33 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
I try to do morning workouts too. I feel so "free" at night then since I don't have much to worry about, more things I have to do, when I get home from work.

I hope you're doing well today! Good for cleaning your sons' rooms. How old are your kids, btw?[/b]

Austin is 15, Steven is 11, Kaelan is 8, Christina is 6, Megan is 4, and Leo is 19 months and my boys are definitely old enough to clean their own rooms. I don't normally clean their rooms, but I was just sick of looking at them.

I am aiming for 20 minutes tomorrow morning. Let's see if I can do it.

November 9th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Great job on the 20 minutes! I took a rest day today. I haven't done that in a few weeks, so I thought I'd better.

Do you exercise in the mornings on the weekends too? I probably won't, but we'll have to see. I think I'll definitely sleep in tomorrow, but I might get up early Sunday before church to do it. I will exercise tomorrow night with Aiden. He likes to watch and mimic me. It's so funny!

November 10th, 2007, 07:11 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Great job on the 20 minutes! I took a rest day today. I haven't done that in a few weeks, so I thought I'd better.

Do you exercise in the mornings on the weekends too? I probably won't, but we'll have to see. I think I'll definitely sleep in tomorrow, but I might get up early Sunday before church to do it. I will exercise tomorrow night with Aiden. He likes to watch and mimic me. It's so funny![/b]
I slept in today. Dh is off of nightshift today, so I'm going to have him watch the kids so I can get a workout in.

Teresa

November 10th, 2007, 07:46 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Amy, no, no giving up!!! You are getting there. You are going to be below 200 in just another week or two! Stick with it! Push yourself hard! Come on girl! Go take a look at your motivation pictures. I am trying to find the perfect gift for you. You will so good when you hit the 190s.

Teresa

November 10th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I'm glad I got in that mini-workout/playing with Aiden, because I didn't get anything else in besides laundry. I guess it's better than nothing, right?

I think I'll try to get up a bit early tomorrow to get something in before church (if we go). I will have no excuses then in the evening.

Did you get something in tonight?

November 10th, 2007, 07:58 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
I'm glad I got in that mini-workout/playing with Aiden, because I didn't get anything else in besides laundry. I guess it's better than nothing, right?

I think I'll try to get up a bit early tomorrow to get something in before church (if we go). I will have no excuses then in the evening.

Did you get something in tonight?[/b]

I sure did! It felt good too! I did 25 minutes of Taebo! Woohoo! Hey, thanks to you I ordered Billy Blanks Bootcamp DVD. He has a couple different kinds so I am not sure if it is the same one you have, but I watched it tonight and I already like it. It really is a lot like bootcamp. I haven't seen those 8 count body builders in years. I am looking forward to doing it. I want to wait until I am able to do this Taebo dvd I have all the way through before I try it because it looks really tough. I'm excited about it.

November 11th, 2007, 05:56 AM
You'll have to let me know the difference between the Bootcamp and Taebo. I wasn't sure how much difference there was. I have a 2 disc set of BC. There are three workouts on those, I think.

I didn't get anything in this morning because the kids woke up early, and I think I might be getting sick. One of DH's students had strep throat the other day, and his parents still sent him to school. Yeah...not!

Good luck today!

November 12th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Okay...I'm officially back on the wagon. I exercised about 45 minutes with Turbo Jam this morning. I am logging my food/exercise on calorie-count.com, and I will hold myself accountable for what I put in my mouth this week! I found that when I wasn't logging my food last week, that is when I would sneak in little things. I don't like to have to log all sorts of food, so I normally don't eat them.

I'm pretty fine with my 0.5 pound weight gain from yesterday too. I didn't do that well with dinner, but I splurged (again). I'd never been to Red Robin, and their burger commercials look so good. I did have a burger, but I ate only a few fries. I also had water to drink, so I didn't have any calories there. We ate after going Christmas shopping for two hours though. We bought the kids some of the cutest things. Aiden's been wanting a toy kitchen for months now. We plan to get one from Walmart, but at Target, they had the food and a chef set (apron, hat, oven mitts, etc.). He's going to be sooo excited, as he talks about a TK every single day and can't wait to tell Santa about it.

Anyway, how are you doing?

November 13th, 2007, 07:23 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
You'll have to let me know the difference between the Bootcamp and Taebo. I wasn't sure how much difference there was. I have a 2 disc set of BC. There are three workouts on those, I think.

I didn't get anything in this morning because the kids woke up early, and I think I might be getting sick. One of DH's students had strep throat the other day, and his parents still sent him to school. Yeah...not!

Good luck today![/b]
Oh yuck. I hate strep throat. I seem to get it once a year now.

As far as the Taebo verses the bootcamp cd, the Taebo has more cardio in it and the bootcamp has a lot more strength training added to it. The bootcamp one looks harder to me.

Quote:
Okay...I'm officially back on the wagon. I exercised about 45 minutes with Turbo Jam this morning. I am logging my food/exercise on calorie-count.com, and I will hold myself accountable for what I put in my mouth this week! I found that when I wasn't logging my food last week, that is when I would sneak in little things. I don't like to have to log all sorts of food, so I normally don't eat them.

I'm pretty fine with my 0.5 pound weight gain from yesterday too. I didn't do that well with dinner, but I splurged (again). I'd never been to Red Robin, and their burger commercials look so good. I did have a burger, but I ate only a few fries. I also had water to drink, so I didn't have any calories there. We ate after going Christmas shopping for two hours though. We bought the kids some of the cutest things. Aiden's been wanting a toy kitchen for months now. We plan to get one from Walmart, but at Target, they had the food and a chef set (apron, hat, oven mitts, etc.). He's going to be sooo excited, as he talks about a TK every single day and can't wait to tell Santa about it.

Anyway, how are you doing?[/b]
Woohoo! Good for you! You are going to hit that 205 mark! I just know it! Me, I am doing okay. Diet is staying strong. That part has been easy for me. I got a workout in yesterday morning, but didn't get one in this morning. I was tired. I didn't get home until late and dh is off nights so he was so nice to let me sleep in.. not. He was supposed to wake me up. I am going to get a workout in some time today if it kills me. I'll update here when I get it done.

November 13th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I was 205.6 (or so) this morning!!!

Did you get a workout in? How's Patty doing (OT--I know)?

November 13th, 2007, 04:01 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
I was 205.6 (or so) this morning!!!

Did you get a workout in? How's Patty doing (OT--I know)?[/b]
Yay Amy! It's only Tuesday, I can't wait to see what you are at on Friday. Yes, I did get a workout in. Since my kids were home they kept interupting me. I got in 28 minutes of Taebo. I think I could have done more if my kids weren't interupting. I am feeling pretty strong at the moment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search