Nicole/Jennifer

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, Jennifer. Looks like were going to Buddy's. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Nicole. I've been, married for 6 years. I have 2 step daughters Shannon, age 6, and Kaylee, age 5. DH and I have also been ttc for 2 years this April. I want to try and lose about 60 lbs by May or June. So I figure if I could loose 2.5 - 3 lbs a week I could reach my goal.

So how about you?
January 3rd, 2008, 06:22 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Hi Nicole!!

I am a WAHM of 3, Whitney 6, Matthew 4, and Sarah is 16 months. I would like to loose at LEAST 57, and there is room for more to go as well!! I am below my pre-preg. weight from Sarah, and almost down to where (I think or I could be below) I was before Matthew. I think part of my weight issues again is my thyroid. I know it is getting back out of whack because I am starting to have the physical symptoms again of being completely exhausted, shaking and all that good stuff. I am supposed to go in to the Dr and get the blood work done, but just haven't had the chance and today of course is too dang cold to take the kids out in especially to a germy Dr office if I dont have to. I will probably wait until next week when they start back in school to go in.
January 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How did you do today? Did you get any exercising done?

I think I've done pretty good so far today. I eat a banana for breakfast (I was in a rush DH and I had to go run some errands b4 he went to work), I had a small salad with apple slices in it for lunch, and I'm not sure what I'm going to eat for dinner yet. The kids and DH are having hamburger helper.

I haven't done any exercises yet, but after I get off here I'm going to hop on my exercise bike. Then, do some crunches and sit ups and a few other little exercises. I might go walking tomorrow if MIL is up to watching the girls.
January 7th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I did my blood work this morning, and should have the results by tomorrow! I have been a slacker over the weekend on exercising, did NONE, but I did do a TON of walking on Saturday. DH has been sick and we thought he might need surgery, so I we didnt do a whole lot. I plan on getting back on track today! How have you been doing?
January 7th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Pretty good. I found this really good site SparkPeople and it's helping me actually stay on my diet. It tells me what to eat everyday and what exercises to do. I usually try to add a few more exercises though. I figure that may help me lose more weight faster.

So when do you get the results of the blood work back?
How are you doing with your diet and exercising today?
January 15th, 2008, 03:32 PM
How are you doing??? Things have been pretty hairy around here the last several days, but I "think" they are getting back on track now! Been getting in your exercising??
January 17th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been trying to exercises everyday, but I've had to skip a few days this week. But I've been staying on my diet. I haven't eaten anything I'm not supposed to.

How are you doing with your diet and exercising?
January 26th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I have been doing decent with it all. I have of course gotten sick yet again, but this time I am unable to take any medication for anything until Tuesday, so I am not feeling like doing a whole lot in the exercise area. I am supposed to go see an allergy Dr to find out why I keep getting these sinus infections over and over. So they said that I was not to take any kind of medication other than tylenol a week prior to the appt. and wouldnt you know, a week prior, I started getting sick again!!!!!

How have you been doing?
January 28th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. I hope you start feeling better soon.

I'm actually doing pretty good. I just got a new exercising bike. The kind that you pull the handle bars and I'm still using my regular exercising bike. The exercising is getting a lot easier then when I first started. I've been doing really good on my diet. I went down to Baltimore to visit my family this past weekend and I didn't go off my diet once. Which was really hard b/c they are big pasta people. I just weighed my self today and I've already lost a total of 10 lbs. But they say it comes off fast at first, but then it gets a little hard as you go on.

Have you got your blood tests back yet? What kind of exercises have you been doing lately? How are you doing with you diet?
February 1st, 2008, 04:09 PM
Wow 10 pounds!!!! WTG!!!! I have been slacking off on dieting and exercising. I just havent felt good to do it, I am finally starting to get some energy back and hopefully will start exercising this weekend again. The blood work came back ok, which surprised everyone! Since everyone thinks that there is a problem that it is still really early on and may not be showing up yet and so the Dr is going to do some regular blood checks for the next couple of months. I am actually wondering if it is more because I have been so sick lately. Who knows, at least they are going to monitor things for a while. Hopefully the sinus infections will be a thing of the past with all these new meds I am now on.
I would LOVE to get an exercise bike like that!! I seen these really neat dvd's that you can get that you can watch while you are riding and it basically scenery from Hawaii and the other is the Swiss Alps. The are called Outdoor scenery cycling and treadmill workouts.
February 2nd, 2008, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My MIL just moved about 2 weeks ago and we went over the last day to help. She was going to throw that bike out, so I took it. It works really good. It doesn't even feel like exercise when I'm using it. I just plop it in front of the TV and keep it going until the movie or the show is over.

I hope you feel better soon. I slacked the past three days on exercising too b/c I haven't been feeling very good. I'm not sure if I'm up to doing it today either but I'm gonna try.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search