Gwen/ Jill

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ladyjill
How's everything goin?

Things are good here.. Steadily truckin along! I'm hoping to buy a new dvd soon, I want something that I can use my weights with so I can work on toning. I'm almost up to running 2 miles, I did 1.91 today.. My big goal for this month was to be able to run 2 miles, so I know I'll make it.
January 28th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Gwen's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Gwen Send a message via MSN to Gwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gwen
Hey Jill, Sorry I missed this yesterday- I spent the afternoon and evening out car shopping. Things are Okay here, this weekend has been rough as far as exercise and diet because I've been out most of it. So no exercise for a few nights now, need to get back on the ball tonight! My January Goal was to hit 225, so I've done thta, now just to maintain it and start on the next . I'd like to hit 205 by the end of Feb- we'll see, I think that might be pushing it lol.

Oh and I just want to get where I can jog for more than short spurts...lol.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Gwen
Mom to Emily, Chris and Selena
January 28th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds good! The important thing is you're jumpin right back on the wagon. My goal for February is to be down 5 lbs to 159. I also want to make sure I keep up with my weights.. that's the hardest part for me, I could do cardio all day long, but when it comes to the weights I hate it.. that's why I'm going to try to find a few good dvd's. As for the jogging I got 1.92 miles today.. I probably could have done 2, but I'm savin it all up for wednesday when I hit the gym again. Once you start working on it, it'll get easier and easier.. when I first started I could barely jog 2 minutes at once at 4.9 mph.. now I jog at 5.6 mph.
January 29th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Send a message via AIM to Gwen Send a message via MSN to Gwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gwen
hey Jill- How has your day/.night been? I weighed myself today since it's the 29th and I have nowq lost 22 lbs I am so incredibly psyched about that. Can you imagine if you could lose 22 lbs a month every month until you hit your goal? LOL that would be sweet, but I know extremely urealistic. I might try a jog/walk combo tomorrow evening....it was rainy all day and just yuck because it made everything slick. so I had to stick into my indoor stuff, which apparently is doing something but just doesnt feel like enough, and my new pedometer does not appear to be worth a darn it told me at work today after about 3 hours that I'd walked 4 steps. I don't hardly stop moving from the time I walk in the door there until I leave. So??? It was very frustrating! Anyway- hope you had a good day!

Gwen
January 30th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow!! That's amazing, The most I've lost in a month is 4 lbs I think.. I think alot of it is because I'm gaining muscle, but I'm not really sure. You're gonna be slim and trim before you know it.

Yesterday went well for me.. The Ultimate Tae Bo dvd was awesome, my body is totally feeling it today! I made it to the gym this morning and accomplished my goal for this month. I ran 2 miles in 21:50 so I'm feelin pretty darn good about myself! I'm ready for the weather to warm up so I can get back to jogging outside. Anyway, it looks like I should be taking notes from you, lol. What types of indoor exercises are you doing? Do you use weights?
February 1st, 2008, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey girl, are you out there somewhere!?

Hope you're doing well! I'm needing and update, lol.
February 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
I'm here! Sorry I went MIA, but last Wednesday I had a seizure and spent that whole day in the Er, dr's offices and resting, but, jumped back to work on Thursdaya nd back to some exercise thursday night. I just have to watch over taxing my left arm/hand, because that is where my seizure affects and it's weak again.
But as for exercises at home, I was doing some of the exercises on the Spark People site and walking in my living room.(weird huh??? lol) But I bought 3 work out dvds over the weekend and have nowq tried thwm all (2 from the Crunch series- Belly,But and Thighs Boot Camp, and The Go-Go Dance workout, and then Leslie Sansone Walk at home 3 mile weight loss walk which is by far my favorite. The go go cardio dance one is way too complicated and fast for me. The boot camp one is excruciating lol. But, I felt that one for 2 days after I did it. lol I am kinda off on my foods mosatly my sodium intake but it is NOT salt it is mostly natural sodium.
But I have not lost any more weight since last week, so I am starting to get annoyed and I think I am on a plateau or something. I duno. I need to get remotivated I think. I scrapped joining the gym because I think I am better at home at my own pace and some trainer pushing me past a safe limit for my body/physical limitations would be a waste of money for one and not wise for me.

Gwen
February 4th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Hey Jill, How are you doing (aside from no sitter for the gym today?)

Gwen
February 5th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I missed this!

Yesterday was an okay day, I used my stairs to get in a little bit of cardio, up and down with 3 lb weights for 10 minutes, and then I used the 8lbs to work on my arms.

Not too much has been going on today, I'm off every tuesday and saturday so I skip the gym on these days. I went to the park for a jog and walk.. other than that I've been cleaning house and doing laundry all day. The Biggest Loser comes on tonight (yay!) It's one of my faves.. it really keeps me motivated.

How has your day been so far?
February 5th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Sorry I missed this!

Yesterday was an okay day, I used my stairs to get in a little bit of cardio, up and down with 3 lb weights for 10 minutes, and then I used the 8lbs to work on my arms.

Not too much has been going on today, I'm off every tuesday and saturday so I skip the gym on these days. I went to the park for a jog and walk.. other than that I've been cleaning house and doing laundry all day. The Biggest Loser comes on tonight (yay!) It's one of my faves.. it really keeps me motivated.

How has your day been so far?[/b]
I have done my 3 mile walk dvd every night almost since I got it this weekend. And I do that with 2 two pound weights. I have alternated adding either the bootcamp video or other strengthening exercises from Spark people, on the days where I have scheduled strengthening. Though there is some of that in the walking dvd too.
MY only issue is I just keep wanting to snack in the evening/night, but at least I'm picking fruit or vegetables. but some days I still have problems meeting my minimum calories, protein and carbs and I know that is important for my metabolism too.
I have noticed my weight loss has slowed too, 1 lb in a week I am hoping it is just that It is maybe getting closer (again ) to a monthly visitor because last month I had it twice unexpedly so my cycles seem to be screwy.

Gwen
February 10th, 2008, 05:51 AM
How are things going Jill?

Gwen
February 10th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been slackin on bein your buddy, I'm sorry.

Things have been so hectic around here lately. My eating has been awful.. I mean I'm not eating unhealthy foods, I'm just barely eating at all. I know it's bad on my metabolism so I need to get it in gear. I think the only thing I ate yesterday was oatmeal and yogurt.. I was too busy to even notice hunger. I'm skipping the gym today too, doubt if I'll get any exercise in at all. It's okay, I've got the entire week left.

How are you doing?
February 10th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry to hear that it's been a rough weekend.
I hope it gets better this week.
Don't worry about the buddy thing because I don't always check it until I have extra time.
I'm good, yesterday evening I wanted to snack alot though, and had chocolate cravings and cookie ones too but instead I ate pepper and vinegar and then drank a skim milk banana smoothie (small glass) and drank a glass of skim milk with ovaltine when the choc craving happened. I am thinking it must be PMS maybe though?

Gwen

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search