Nicole/Dina

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weightloss Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, Dina. Looks like were going to Buddy's. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Nicole. I have 2 step daughters Shannon, age 6, and Kaylee, age 5. DH and I have also been ttc for 2 years this April. I want to try and lose about 60 lbs by May or June. So I figure if I could loose 2.5 - 3 lbs a week I could reach my goal. I've been dieting for 2 months and have only lost 12lbs. so I'm a little behind. I still have 48 more lbs. to go.

So how about you?
March 5th, 2008, 03:45 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Nicole,
Well, I'm Dina. I am married to Ron, we have 3 kids. Caitlyn is 10, Matthew is 7.5 & Hannah is 2.5. We live in California. I work for a local poultry company as a customer service rep, full time. I love being a mommy & I'm very active in my church.

I've been struggling w/weight off & on for 10 years (since Caitlyn was born) I was a pretty thin kid growing up, thin up until I got pregnant (age 23). I gain weight so easily, I have a HORRIBLE metabolism too.

I hope to get to know you better & together help each other achieve our weightloss goals.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March 6th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What kind of diet and exercise plan are you on? How have you been doing with it?

I've been following a diet plan from Sparkpeople. I get to pick what snacks and meals that I would like to eat from a list that they have, so I still get to eat things that I like, but they tell me which foods are healthy and will help me lose weight. I've also just started doing Yoga. Which has really been helping. I've had a lot more energy since I started. They also have an exercise regiment on Sparkpeople that I follow as well.
March 7th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I swear I totally replied to your post last night, where did it go???

Anyways, I also use Sparkpeople.com, and I LOVE IT! I wish I would've utilized it a long time ago, if I had I would probably be closer to my goal by now.

We have a gym at work we can use, so I go on my lunch break. My favorite machine is the eliptical trainer & treadmill. I use the weight machines sometimes & the free weights too.

March 8th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH works at a hotel as a maintenance man so I can go up there and use their gym for free. I don't go in there if anyone else is in there though. I get nervous working out in front of other people. But they have a pretty nice facility.
March 10th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Hey girl, I'm going to be out of commission for a day or 2, I'm still sick. Im so bummed out, I am really enjoying my workouts & now I hve to take it easy for a couple of days. Just wanted to let you know, so you didnt think I was ignoring you or anything. Have a great day.

March 10th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No problem. Rest and get well. I hope you feel better soon.
March 11th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I'm back in the game girl! Its amazing what a little white pill can do. Amoxicilian is an amazing thing!! lol.. hee hee
I feel so much better, I didnt work out today, but I ate right & drank lots of water and I'm looking forward to my work out tomorrow.
Congrats again on the water challenge!! Hope your having a great day.

March 15th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hurt my back yesterday and had to go to my chiropractor (my back's been messed up ever since the car accident I was in 2 years ago), so I didn't get to exercise, but I have been staying on my diet. I'm hope my back will start feeling a better soon, so I can get some exercising in today.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you I was on here 2 days ago and it didn't say that you posted anything. Anyway how have you been? Have you been sticking to you diet?
March 18th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Sorry I havent posted here in a while. Honestly I forgot. I had my 1 month biggest loser challenge weigh in today and I only lost 3lbs. Pretty depressing. Its my fault,I could've gotten into high gear and I didnt. I signed up for another 4 weeks, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to kick some butt this month.. hee hee hee.

How are you feeling? Hows your back?

March 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's still hurting, I don't know what's going on usually if I go to the chiropract a few times it starts feeling better. But I've been doing some small exercises, and I've stayed on my diet. Today is my oldests 7th birthday and we're having a party for her tomorrow, so I'm probably going to cheat a little bit.

How have you been doing?
March 24th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I'm sorry your back is still bothering you. Good for you for sticking to your diet! I had a bad weekend, I was doing really well last week, but once friday hit it was all done. So today is a new day & I'm back on track. I have a great week of excercise planned & I'm really looking forward to it.

I hope your back gets better soon. **HUGS**

March 26th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Hey Nicole, how are you doing? Havent seen you on the main boards in a while, I Hope all is well.

March 26th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing alright. My back is starting to feel a little bit better. I'm back doing my regular exercise routine. I did cheat on my diet a little bit on Shannon's birthday and Easter, but I wasn't too excessive.

How have you been doing? You back on track since last weekend? I think a lot of people were cheating over this past weekend.
March 26th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Yes I'm back on track, though Monday night I had a banana split which put me over my caloric intake for the day , but I'm back on track now.

I've been getting in 1 hour of excercise the last 2 days, and I'm going to keep that up for 6 days straight from now on. Hopefully I'll start seeing some bigger numbers in the weighs ins to come. I'm tired of the 1lb losses every week.

A coworker tried this all natural detox stuff & she lost 9lbs in 8 days, so I'm going to give it a try. She said it doesnt affect your heart or anything, it just made her poop a bit sorry tmi, and I have no problem w/that. So we'll see what happens.

I'm glad to hear your back is feeling better, hopefully you'll be back to your workout routines in no time.

March 31st, 2008, 03:16 PM
Hey Nicole, how are you doing? How's your back?

April 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I haven't been on. DH's Grandfather went in to the hospital a few nights ago. They didn't think he was going to make it, so we went down there this past weekend. He's doing alright now, but he's going to be needing help taking care of himself, so he's going to be moving in with us.

My back is doing a lot better. I'm basically back to my old routine. I just weighted myself 2 days ago and I've lost another 5lbs. I'm so excited. Although I thought I would have lost a lot more by now.

How have you been doing?
April 2nd, 2008, 11:56 AM
Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather IL. Its nice of you to take him in and help take care of him. Congrats on the 5lb loss, way to go. I'm glad your back is better.
I'm doing well, still plugging along. I am hoping for a 2lb loss this week, I deserve it darnit!!!

April 2nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're going down to Baltimore to get granddad's things this weekend, so when they guys are loading the truck, me and my cousin are going to the gym (she has a buddy pass). They even have a little gym area for the kids to play in and someone to watch them. I wish they had a gym up here like that. So I'll be getting some extra exercise this weekend.
April 3rd, 2008, 01:05 PM
Good for you! Enjoy yourself this weekend.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search