Log In Sign Up

Anna Grace

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2008, 01:17 PM
Posts: n/a
I went to the doctor after work on Wednesday. I had a feeling he would want to set an induction date, but I didn't expect it to be the next day!!! I was 4 cm at my appt and my blood pressure was up again (it was taken by the nurse who knows what she is doing!!) So he told me to be at the hospital at 6 am the next morning.

I went home and got a bunch of stuff done because we were a caught a little off guard. Dh and I took the girls to my mom's house and went out for dinner. I ate as much as I could up to 10pm and then tried to get some sleep. I only slept for about 2 hours.

We got to the hospital at 6. I was the 4th person to come in at that time. From our room we could see all the other monitors on the other women. I was the only one contracting regularly and they hadn't even started the induction yet!!! I couldn't feel any of the contractions either. I had my IV in at 6:40 (I know cuz they wrote it on my hand) I was pretty concerned that my mom wouldn't get there in time because almost as soon as they started my Pitocin the contractions were getting pretty regular and I could feel them. The doctor came in just after 7:30 or so and broke my water. Then I really started being able to feel things. The contractions weren't too bad but they wanted to go ahead and do my epidural.

This guy came in acting like a know it all. He asked if I had ever had one before. I told him yes, 3 and 10 years ago. I also told him my last one didn't fully take. He told me that wouldn't happen this time.... and he was right... AT FIRST....

Anyway, apparently he messed up the first time and had to do it again. So I got that needle in my back TWICE. I also was contracting pretty hard at this point and was shaking a little so it was hard for me to be really still for him.

Once that was in I wasn't feeling anything in the way of contractions. However, I started feeling really weird. At one point like I couldn't breathe, then that was making me really upset and I started having anxiety attacks. Plus my stomach was itching all over and I thought that was weird so all of this was making me very nervous and setting off anxiety attacks. The doctor came in and turned the epidural down which was okay at first, but as I got closer to having the baby they got much worse. The guy came in to turn it back up but it didn't work!!! At this point they were prepping the room for the baby and I was in serious PAIN!!! I could not feel the top part of my uterus, but I could feel EVERYTHING else!!! The contractions were so painful that I was crying through them. They were telling me to breath through my nose but I couldn't because it was stopped up from all the crying. My doctor came in and I started telling him I couldn't do it. They were all like yes you can you have done it twice before... BUT IT DIDN"T HURT... I was screaming (well not really screaming) I could feel the baby getting closer and finally had the urge to start pushing. With the first contraction I think I pushed twice and got her head out. Once that was over there really wasn't much pain at all.

Her cord was wrapped around her neck but they said she was fine. I guess it either wasn't very tight or hadn't been that way long. Once the doctor started stitching things up the epidural was working a little. I didn't feel the "numbing" shots, but somehow still felt some of the stitches going in. Numbing must not have worked all that well. Anyway, Anna was 7 lbs 5 oz and 19.5 inches long. She is actually the smallest of the three, but she was also born the earliest. Just a little less than 2 weeks before my due date. We are now trying to get adjusted to having a baby at home. It has only been four days but MAN.... like I said with Emily... I forgot all about this!!!
Reply With Quote
March 31st, 2008, 02:30 PM
Posts: n/a
Congrats! Sorry the Epidural got all screwed up, ugh! But I am glad Anna is home with you and is doing well.
Thanks for sharing your birth story, it was a pretty intense read!
Reply With Quote
March 31st, 2008, 04:10 PM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 14,120

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

Reply With Quote
March 31st, 2008, 06:16 PM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,856
Last summer at the Petrified Forest.

Reply With Quote
March 31st, 2008, 08:19 PM
paganmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Casselton, ND
Posts: 1,612
Congrats on Anna's birth! Sorry the epidural didn't work that well though.
<div align="center">

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0