Introducing Ryan Nicole

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to OurJoy
I've finally made the time to sit and post our story...here goes.

I was due on April 27. I woke up on Sunday, March 30 to some blood in the toilet. My baby shower was on Saturday and I just thought I over did it. I didn't get to bed till 3:30 am...I was attempting to put some of her things away. So I called my doctor and she suggested that I put my feet up and monitor the bleeding. So I did and the blood seemed to subside. She called back to check on me and I felt better. I was having some BH's but nothing out of the ordinary.

As the morning went on, the BH's got a bit more uncomfortable. So I called my husband (he had gone to church), but his cell phone was dead! Needless to say, I was highly pissed. The blood came back in the form of a bloody clot, I assumed it was my plug. I called my mom to come take me to the hospital. Twenty minutes later, DH walks in the door. I tell him what's going on, he runs upstairs to change, falls going up the steps. I call to tell my mom to meet me at the hospital instead.

I check in at L & D and they immediately have an issue finding her heartbeat, but they eventually find it. I get examined by some 'man-hand' lady, who tells me I'm about 2 cm dialated. So I'm thinking, Ok women walk around like this all the time. She tells me that some women do, however, I will be having my baby today or tomorrow.

I get moved to my birthing room and my doctor comes in. She breaks my water. She's still concerned about the baby's heartbeat. It spikes, then dives, then levels out. They think she's sitting on her cord. All this time the contractions are getting painful. I get an epidural and my doctor comes back in and she's in full scrubs and tells me she's concerned with the baby's condition and we're going to go now. I get wheeled from the birthing room to the operating room and less than five minutes later, my daughter was born. By the time my husband got in the operating room, I was open and she was heading out.

My fabulous doctor talked to me afterward, but I have to admit I was a bit loopy and don't remember everything she said. I do know I had a placental abruption. My placenta was 30% detached from my uterus. I was told had I not gone to the hospital, my daughter would not have survived. I snapped a picture of myself entering the hospital at 2:57 pm, she was born exactly three hours later at 5:57 pm! We came home on Wednesday, April 2.

Ryan Nicole was born on Sunday, March 30 at 5:57 pm at 36 weeks. 4 lbs 5.7 oz 17.5 inches long

April 5th, 2008, 02:09 PM
4boys
She is so sweet! I'm so glad you went in when you did and everything turned out ok!!
April 6th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
She is so pretty!!!

So glad that you went to get
checked out!!!

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
April 6th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Super Mommy
Visiting from the oct ddc, I am so happy for you and am glad you went in when you did.. God bless your family...
April 7th, 2008, 06:27 AM
paganmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's gorgeous! Congrats on your birth!

</div>
April 15th, 2008, 02:26 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Oh such a pretty little girl! Congrats and I'm so glad everything turned out safe!
April 20th, 2008, 06:01 AM
curlesue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's so pretty! Sounds like a scary story though,.. I'm glad to hear everything was fine!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search