The fast arrival of Sharmia Elaine

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2008, 05:04 AM
MummyOf4Girls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK... well, it all started on Saturday, 5th of April, at about 7 at night.
Basically, I coughed, and I thought I had wet myself. I Thought something wasn't quite right when the flow wouldn't stop, so I posted on here first, then I rang my midwife. She suggested I come up and get checked out, because it sounded suspitious to her.
I decided to wait just a little while to see if the flow would stop on it's own, but within 10 minutes of ringing the midwife, the contractions hit me, hard and strong!
"OK..." I thought. "that hurt." Less than three minutes later, another one hit, and had me hanging onto the front door in sheer agony.
I told DH, that he had better get me to the hospital as soon as he could. "Can it wait till after the news?" "No!" another contrax hit.
He swore, then grabbed his phone. He rang MIL, to come and get me, and SIL to come and get the girls. He had worked that morning, and had to have a shower before he came up. blokes have no idea...

Any way, this was about 9.15pm. MIL and SIL arrived at the same time. I grabbed my bag and a towel (I was still leaking...) and we headed up to the hospital.
I had to wait in the emergency room for about 5 mins until the midwife came in. Contrax were about 2 mins apart by then. She asked me for a wee sample. I gave her a sample... of amniotic fluid. I thought my waters had broken!
no use testing that!! lol

Any way, she took me through to maternity, and straight to the labour ward. She then rang my doc, who was on call, but in bed. She said "do an internal, and call me when she's in labour." Midwife said, "Well, her membranes have ruptured, and her contractions are close enough to a minute apart. Do YOU think she's in labour??" LMAO! ( well, I would have lmao, if I wasn't in so much pain!)
This was about 10 o;clock. She did an internal and told me that bub was still too high, and I'd have to wait for the doctor to come in anyway. I went to my room, and sat on a fit ball until my doc came in. Lucky for me, she was only 5 mins away.
Contrax started getting closer and closer together, and within 10 mins, they were right on top of each other. I ended up back in labour ward, on my hands and knees on the floor!

I can't remember how many times the midwife told me how good I was doing. She hooked up the gas, but I didn't use it.
It only took three pushes, and Sharmia arrived. The doc put her directly onto my chest, then wrapped a towel around her. She was so perfect, right from the first breath! so pink, and alert. She didn't even cry! She gave a small sqwark, then just layed there, looking up at me.

From the time my contrax started, to the time Sharmia was born, it was just shy of three hours! Shortest labour I've ever had, but well worth the whole experience.
April 9th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! did DH even make it? That was super fast!!!

Thank you Julia (Julka) for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!!
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>
April 9th, 2008, 09:08 AM
MummyOf4Girls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah, Dh made it with about half an hour to spare! lol.
April 9th, 2008, 12:57 PM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow, what a fast labor! congrats!

April 10th, 2008, 08:01 AM
4boys
Wow! Good for you! Great story!
April 10th, 2008, 08:56 AM
KandA0418's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
VERY FAST!!!! congrats on your lil girl

[/URL]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: