Catherine Ann ~09 April 2008~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2008, 04:04 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well ladies I am finally home. They would have kept me an extra day but I was determined to come home asap. I started taking walks every two hours throughout the hospital just so I could heal sooner and I bit the bullet and drank to glasses of prune juice to get things going. (remind me to never do that again!) Anyways after being in labor for 12 hours on pitocin I managed to get to a whole 3-4 cm! lol

I am pretty tiny down there and pretty much all the ladies on my mums side are. We are like one big c-section family.(my cousin had a c-section two weeks ago in fact.) I was NOT happy about a c-section but at that point I had been stuck in bed on monitors and pitocin for over 12 hours and I was swelling REALLY bad. I knew that I just needed to have her and I realized that it would be safer for me to have her with a c-section so they could manually stop the bleeding.

They rolled me back and I was fine until they put me on the table. For some reason my brain chose that moment to panic. I think it was because they hadn't let me eat in over 14 hours at that point and I was struggling to function rationally. ( I have blood sugar issues.) I was MUCH better once Dh came in and made me practice combat breathing... LOL! I knew I should have been doing it but I couldn't until I had him doing it with me.

When they took her out she was screaming SO loud right from the start. She has this tiny danty lady scream though. I have never heard a baby sound that little before. They then handed her to Dh and someone said is dad going with the baby to the nursery. The doctor said he doesn't have a choice get him out of here. It turns out they couldn't get the bleeding to stop so they had to really work on me. I then started to panic because he was gone. They gave me an anxiety medicine and I instantly calmed down. I don't know how long that took because I was all loopy but it was awhile. Then they shut off the epidural and rolled me into recovery. So that meant everything they just did I could feel. I can't quite explain the extreme pain I was feeling but it was out of control and I was slowly starting to lose it. In my mind I was screaming but in reality I was just whimpering. The nurse gave me something for the pain which didn't help but she explained that because they had some issues getting the bleeding to stop and they had to work so hard its going to hurt more. Finally the meds started to work but I was a tad hysterical by that point. lol Then they told me about the tornado and I made my husband drive home to secure the dogs in their cages in the hall. I KNOW thats NUTS of me but I couldn't help it. He did that waited for the storm to pass and came back to me.

I got to an actual room at about 4am and I didn't even get to see Catherine till like 6am or so. I hadn't gotten to even hold her at that point. I think I bugged those nurses for hours until they brought her in. After that they taught me how to breastfeed which at first was tough for her because she is so tiny. She would get tired so quickly and I was so swollen that I had to start using a nipple guard thing. After 24 hours she figured it out and she fed today for like 30 minutes straight only taking a couple breaks in there. Plus my milk came in this morning. Okay this post is way to long and you don't have to read it it all but I figured I should write it out while its still fresh. I am so thankful we are home.

Oh and remember how my husband didn't want a girl? Ummm yeah she is TOTALLY his. I swear I am the food and any other time he has her in his arms. He is currently playing a video game while holding her. He is SO in love and he claims she is the best baby ever. Other peoples babies cry all the time but not his Catherine. lol I am so HAPPY that I could cry! I wrote this out for everyone so I didn't have to write a bunch of different ones. I think I have all the details.

Pictures of the news talking about our tornado watch which turned into two tornadoes that touched down just after she was born:

This is me updating my mum after about 12 hours of labor. At this point I am really swollen and just getting worse:

Getting ready for the C-Section:

There I go:

Dh getting ready to sit beside me:

Daddy holding her hand and refusing to let go:

Good lord that man is sexy...

Cutest baby in the nursery... or so we think... lol!

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

April 13th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's so cute how daddy's get with their little girls! They always think they want a boy... but when they see that little girl looking up at them, it's all over!

Thank you Julia (Julka) for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!!
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>
April 13th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
Congrats. She's precious

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search