Introducing Birk

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2008, 02:31 AM
aprilmiracle's Avatar WTTC #2 in 2015
This is gonna be short, cuz we're still at the hospital and I have no idea when little Mr. Birk here will decide it's time to wake up.

I was going to go to bed at 11 pm Saturday the 19th. As soon as I laid down I felt some sharp pain at the front bottom of my stomach. I tried to change position, had to go back and pee all the time and by midnigt I just got back up, called my sister and she came over. We came to the hospital about 2 am. I was then having regular contractions lasting about 30 - 50 seconds and more or less 3 minutes apart. They were uncomfortable but not really very painful. I was 6 cm dilated at that point.

Got settled into a room with a bathtub and actually spent a long time in it! It was awesome pain relief, you felt so weightless it was great. My contractions were sooo close together that when I at about 5:30 am only was at 8 cm I was soooo tired, and asked for an epidural. I got one at about 6:15 am and it helped me get some rest for about half an hour...

Then my water broke. And the contractions started being uncomfy again. This was a killer when I had finally felt how nice it was with some relief They checked me again and I was still not fully effaced, but almost. At this point my midwife told me she thought he would be here around 11 am and noon.

But things progressed so quickly and before I knew it I was having so much pain and feeling such a need to push so my midwife told me to listen to my body. I was like You're not going to tell me when I can push?

I've lost track of time at this point, so I have no idea when things happened. But his head got a little stuck on his way out, and I wasn't able to push him out. Then his heartbeat started dropping and before I knew it there were 3 additional people in the room, my midwife, a second midwife, a doctor and a nurse. One midwife were leaning over me pushing my stomach, my other midwife were holding onto his head to keep him in the right position, and I have no clue what the others were doing. He came out breathing though, but a tad blue and had to get some good rubbin to get the crying going. I was just so relieved it was over, it took me a couple minutes before I could open my eyes, I was so exhausted. During the pushing stage I had also kept my eyes closed, so these 2 additional people except for the midwives I had no idea what lookes like They spoke to me but other than telling me to push I have no idea what they did or where they stood or what they looked like.

Since they had to help him out I got some serious stitches going on. But other than that we are doing good.

He's definitely a quiet and good baby, so adorable and easy to handle. Latches wonderfully but it's getting quite sore anyway. Hope to be back home from hospital either tomorrow or wednesday!

Full name: Birk Martinius
DOB.: 04/20/08 @ 9:32 am
Weight: 8 lbs 5 oz
Length:20.8 inches

April 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
MummyOf4Girls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He sure is a little cutie! Congrats, and well done!
April 22nd, 2008, 05:57 PM
4boys
He's beautiful! Congrats on your son!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search