Jack's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2008, 06:22 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Jack's Birth Story!

Written: April 4, 2008

Yesterday I went to my appointment and had an ultrasound to check Jack's fluid and position.
Jack was head down and his fluid levels were fine.

We spoke to the midwife and she said we should get something done because I was having a really hard time getting around and had already fallen a few times. Yesterday morning..I crawled to the bathroom for goodness sakes.

So she talked to us about our options and said that she didn't think that I could deliver Jack vaginally because of his size. After talking it over we decided for me to be induced. We went home and made phone calls, packed up and went to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital we expected that I'd be put on pitocine and the midwife said she wasn't going to put me on it because I was already laboring pretty well on my own. I was dilated to 2cm and 90% effaced. Jack's bag of water had also begun to buldge outward, but Jack's head wasn't low at all.

I used the bathtub to aid me with the labor pains, as well as the birthing ball and lots of changes in my position...I had back labor pretty bad. I labored on my own (no pain meds) for 6.5 hours and was surprised to hear that I had made no progress since I was first checked.

After I was checked the midwife told us that I hadn't made any progress. So in 6.5 hours of pretty intense labor...things were going nowhere. She as concerned because she couldn't feel Jack's head yet and his sac was buldging.

Clint and I talked about it and we opted for a C Section. I was concerned because if his water were to break while his head was stil high, the cord could prolapse and that is very dangerous.

I had to wait about 2 hours to get into the OR as I had already had something to eat 4 hours prior to asking for the c-section and they wanted to make sure my stomach was empty. I was given IV fluids and antibiotics to protect Jack and I from infections and a short while later Clint was geared up with some scrubs and I was wheeled into the OR, while Clint waited to be called back.

My doctor and nurse helped me onto the operating table and the anaesthesiologist administered my spinal. For whatever reason I don't remember much after that really...The next thing I knew I was looking at Clint and hearing the OR team discuss the procedure. The next thing I know my doctor tells us to look left and see our son! Clint got up from his chair and accompanied Jack to the nursery while I was being mended. I was taken to recovery a short time later and felt great. I had the shakes and shivers and couldn't feel my legs. but I was happy. Our son was born.

I had lost 6% of my blood during the surgery and was told that that's less then normal I recovered well in the recovery room and was accompanied to the nursery with Clint and my nurse. I was able to hold Jack for the first time since his birth about 2 hrs afterward. It was the best feeling in the whole world, and he's absolutely beautiful. He looks just like his daddy!

Jackson Paul was born April 3rd at 9:19pm. He weighs 8 LBS 5 oz and is 21 inches long.

I'm a mommy and I couldn't be happier. Jack brings me joy!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!
rate 6/5/2014: 164 rate 6/23/2014: 165 14w5d

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search