Crystal's son A.J.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2008, 07:34 PM
worried27
On Wednesday April 16 I got into bed at around 11:30pm, clueless as to what was about to happen. Since I had a 39week and 4 day appt. the next day I was writing down a whole bunch of questions I wanted to ask my Dr. before my c/section for that following Monday (how ironic). I woke up Thursday April 17 at around 1:45 AM to pee as usual (I had always been waking up every two hours to pee since the beginning of my pregnancy, sometimes even every hour) so while I sat there on the toilet waiting for the urinating to stop I wondered why I had so much pee if I had only gone to sleep at midnight. Well I kept on leaking and after I realized that I had finally broken my water, I absolutely panicked. I cried out for my mom to help me (luckily she had arrived 2 days prior) and in a state of shock I tried taking a quick bath before I went into the hospital for no purpose whatsoever because I continued to leak, it was yellow and it looked like normal urine. I had no pains of any kind, so I was wondering if something might be wrong with the baby. I then called my hubby at work and then called 911 so they could send an ambulance, I was too embarrassed to get in a cab all wet. I also called my grandmother. All the conversations sounded something like this “OMG! OMG! gasp … My water just broke gasp… but I have no pains could something be wrong with the baby…gasp.” I changed clothes again and tried to think of things I should take with me to the hospital because this was it, my water had broken so I knew the bay would be delivered that same day. My mom was taking her sweet time getting ready and I was already anxious, and the fact that the ambulance had not gotten there was making me even more moody. I was shouting “C’mon, C’mon lets go, Hurry , let’s take a cab, forget them!”. So we left, the elevator took long so we took the steps instead. When we got to the lobby the security guard asked me if the ambulance was for me and told us that the paramedics had just went up the elevator and he would go and get them. They took their sweet time getting to the hospital and asked me stupid questions that were already answered on the insurance card I gave them, so I was answering them sarcastically and with an attitude. They didn’t even put the siren on while driving. By the time I got there my husband had already gotten to the hospital before me. Then on top of that they made me sit on a chair in the triage room, asking me the same exact questions the paramedics had asked me, even though my Dr. had already sent in my information. (my c/section was scheduled for that Monday April 21.) After all the tedious questions, they gave me a gown and i got into a bed so they could check my cervix. I demanded they do a quick U/S to check on the baby first because i wanted to make sure he wasn’t in any kind of distress. The reason i was worried is because as my water continued to leak my stomach got smaller and it was freaking me out. His heartbeat was good so they checked for dialation, which was VERY painful and when they inserted their fingers a huge gush of amniotic fluid squirted out.. I cried in pain exclaiming “THIS IS SO HORRIBLE!”. I was only at 1 and cervix was still high and posterior. Finally after all that, they hooked me up to the monitors and called my Dr. and I started to calm down because I got to hear his heart rhythm, plus they let my DH in for a minute until they sent me up to a room 10 minutes later. According to the moniters my contractions were about 4-5 minutes apart but i wasn’t feeling any of them. They asked me if I still wanted to proceed with the c/section or try my chances at natural. Since I had gone into labor on my own I decided to try vaginally. When I got to my labor suite there was a hot tub and a baby warmer which I knew for some reason I would never get to use. A nurse came in an put a pad under me, she told me it was to check for meconium, and 15 minutes later she checked it and showed me a yellowish hardly-visible greenish discharge and wrote on my file ‘very light me conium’ I once again got worried because they said that means that at one point the baby was in distress. At 5 AM another Dr. checked again for any progress and said I was only at 1.5 possibly a tight 2, and explained the structure of my pelvis opening. He said that it’s normally supposed to be round for the baby’s head to pass, and mine was in the shape of a heart. I don’t know why I stalled for the c/section when I knew this would be a c/section baby, but once again I said I wanted an intent at natural. So my options at this point was to insert a cervadil, because I wasn’t open enough for pitocin yet. At 8 AM Dr called again and I still had not progressed, only at 2, so with tears in my eyes I told them to forget about placing the cervadil and tell him to come in for the c/section. My mom and husband were trying to make me feel better about the whole situation , but by this point my spirit was broken and i just wanted the baby to get here safely. My Dr. got there around 9;15AM They shaved me, and prepped me for surgery and gave DH his scrubs. They were about to put a catheter before the spinal and i refused. I told them to place it after the spinal (they’re such idiots). At around 9:45AM and 8 hours of painless/progression-less labor they wheeled me into the OR. I sat on the operating table while the anestesiologist placed the injection in my back to make numb before the spinal. He warned me each time he was about to place them and explained the sensations i would be feeling. I held and clenched the nurses hands while he did it. It only pinched like a bee sting and i felt pressure which was exactly what he said I would be feeling. He was great! Then they placed the catheter and called DH in the room after they put up the sheets. After I heard these cranking noises and some pressure in my abdomen I heard my baby cry. He was born at 10;03 AM. Weighing 7 pounds 8 ounces. They cleaned him and handed him to DH while they sewed me back up. His apgar score was a 9 at 1 minutes and a 10 at 5minutes. No health problems whatsoever at birth and also no Down syndrome. I didn’t get to hold him until the next day because I was too loopy, weak and sleepy from the meds. My father is totally in love with him and so is my family. I still cannot believe I did it! I have a son! I’m finally a mother and I can’t wait till mother’s day to celebrate!
May 1st, 2008, 08:26 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
i'm so happy for you crystal!!
May 2nd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Congrats on a healthy baby boy!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search