The Birth Story of Marcus James

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
JaimeJenn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, let's see. Where to begin? Oh yeah.. so Saturday night we stayed up late watching a Deadliest Catch marathon and went to bed at 11pm. I couldn't sleep though. So I just laid there and kinda stared at the wall. Around 12:30, I turned over and felt like I had to pee. Got up and got to the bathroom quickly and noticed my water had broke. All over the bathroom floor. I yell for Thomas that I thought it was time to go to the hospital. We scrambled about and I threw on clean pants and a pad. Got to the hospital around 1am. Big gush as I get out of the car and by the time I got to the 2nd floor, my pants were soaked.

Stayed in triage for about 2 hours. I was still only 3 cm and 75% effaced. I wasn't having any contractions (or any that I felt... she said I was having some tho). They decided to start me on a small amount of pitocin and they also broke a bit of my bag of waters that was at his head. Didn't take long for the contractions to start and they got me up to the L&D room. It was quiet in there... I was exhausted from not sleeping and just focused on breathing through all the contractions.

Sometime during the morning they stopped the pitocin to see what would happen and my body had pretty much taken over and I was having good contractions on my own and was progressing well. As the contractions got worse and worse I kinda just zoned out. Focused on breathing... and resting inbetween.

Oh yeah, around 4am, I hear someone SCREAMING bloody murder. Scared me to death. It lasted about 30 seconds, then I heard a baby cry. Was the lady in the room next to me. Needless to say it kinda freaked me out a bit.

I got to about 7-8 cm and I still felt like I was doing okay so I decided that I would just not get the epidural. Yeah, it hurt, but it wasn't unbearable and I just kept focusing on the fact that there was always an end to ever contraction.

Finally the Dr showed up. Unfortunately it wasn't my OB... it was his partner who was on call and I was a bit bummed about that, but it's okay. The L&D nurse I had was awesome and really supportive. Oh, one funny thing... so when it was time to start pushing... they get T to hold my legs and I think i did the first push... then everyone left! He was sitting there still holding my legs and kinda like are they coming back???

So yeah... an hour and a little bit later of pushing... out he popped! Best.feeling.ever. I think being able to really feel the pain made me more determined to get him out. Got a couple tiny tears so had to get a few stitches. But was happy and relieved that he was perfectly healthy and it was over and I had done it! His apgar scores were 9 and 9... oh and he won ever single nurse over with all his hair. I guess they must see a lot of bald babies.

So that's it. Kinda boring, I guess.

Oh, and I pooped (a little) on the table. And I didn't care.

Momma to Marcus

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search