Sierra Abigail's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2008, 12:17 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It started out not sleeping almost the entire night, knowing we leave for the hospital at 5 for the induction. We get there, do the normal pee in the cup thing, then they get me all hooked up to the iv. We get the antibiotic's going, still only 1 cm dialated. We sit there and watch season 3 of mash, eat my breakfast, mw comes in to check on me, says she will be back around 12 to break my water. (that s%%% hurt!!) then it felt like i was peeing on myself for the next hour! they upd the pitocin some more since the contrax were not doing anything, except hurting me.

around 2 i asked for the epidural, and the only one available to do it was my previous doc at that point i didnt care, but he was VERY rough with it..as he was doing it he hit a (insert bad word here) nerve and my right leg shot out and almost nailed DH, then the right side of my back started hurting as he was trying to thread whatever it was in there, then he says "this isn't good) *** why would you say that out loud, i started sweating like i had just ran a marathon. Well he finally got it in, and the pain started to go away.

The nurse (i loved her!!) asked if i felt any contrax, and i aksed "what contractions" she started laughing. I fell asleep for a little bit. The midwife came in at around 3 and said i was at a 2 and they uped the pitocin one more time, she said she was going to go home for a little bit. An hour and like 10 min pass, the nurse comes back in and checks me again, and says its time...(i was like wow ok), they called the mw and she said she would be there in 10 min.

I started pushing at 4pm, and at 420 pm Sierra was born, it was the EASIEST thing i have done. The epi wasnt tooo strong to where i couldnt feel what i was doing, but it took the pain away, plus i could kinda feel her coming out..it was the coolest feeling.

And thats Sierra's birth story!!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search