William Archer's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2008, 12:29 PM
Veteran
Well, as many of you know, I had been complaining for a while about very strong BH contrax, and had 2 false alarms to the midwife/hospital. Needless to say, it was an exhausting, frustrating week.

Wed at 3:30AM, I rolled over in bed, heard a pop, and started gushing. We called my dad, who got to the house pretty quick. Meanwhile, I had gone from dead asleep to serious labor in 30 seconds, it was intense. I stuffed a towel in my sweats, and put a garbage bag on the seat of the car. We headed off to the hospital.

We got there at about 4:30, and immediately I asked for something for the pain, just to take the edge off. We tried walking for a while, and we got in the shower, but I think because I had been in pain and awake for days, it made the pain much harder to tolerate. At 6am, I got an epidural, just to take some of the edge off, it wasn't very strong, and in fact, didn't really take on the right side, but it helped to take the edge off, and I was 7cm dilated. In retrospect, I probably could have done without the epi, as it definately slowed the birth down a little, but I think I needed it to slow down a little. The hour and half the epi "bought" me gave me just the right amount of time to breathe, and get ready to push.

At 7:30, the midwife checked again and said I would be ready by 8 to start pushing. At 8, I was ready, just like she said. They shut everything off, took the catheter out, and she told me to start pushing whenever I wanted to. Problem was, I wasn't feeling that incredible urge the way people tell me, but I definately could feel the contrax and they were painful. I gave a little practice push, and realized that the pushing actually stopped the pain, and felt better...wow what a concept. From then on, I got the pushing thing down! All those days of contrax must have been helping bring him down lower, b/c I really only pushed for 30 minutes, and out he came! All 9lbs 10oz, 21" of him!

He is nursing like a champ, and has basically put himself on a schedule already! His big sister loves him, a little too much at times, but that's ok. I could not have scripted the birth better myself if I tried, and I'm so glad we went for the VBAC. The recovery time is NIGHT AND DAY between the 2, and all the naysers and people who told me I was nuts for doing it really got shown up! Congrats to all the mommies and newborns out there!

[http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/avaianrach/ProudSAHMBlinkie.gif[/img]
June 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Aimee MommyX3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Aimee MommyX3 Send a message via Skype™ to Aimee MommyX3
Congratulations on your baby boy! 9lbs 10oz! Great job, and how quick your labor went!
June 12th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome! I'm so glad you were able to have a good VBAC experience. Congrats!

June 14th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Jaime23's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! What a big boy!!! Congratulations! I am so happy you did the VBAC!!! Glad to hear recovery has gone well!!!

J-Me

Thank You Emma (pixie_pink) for my siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search