Savannah Hailey 01/10

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just a little back ground.I had morning sickness althought out my pregnancy. I was afraid of needles. But i have a very high pain tolerance. i LOVE to take baths all the time..hot ones too.
So it all Sunday after noon 41 weeks pregnant, i started to get what felt like Braxton hicks every 15 mins. DH was at work so i didnt think nothing of it since it didnt hurt at all. Hubby came home and i totally forgot about the contractions, with making dinner and all. Monday morning came and i had a OB appointment. My contractions were a tad bit more intense, so i didnt want to travel all the way into another city just to turn back to go back to the hospital. Where i live you dont go to the hospital until your contrations are 5 mins apart or until your water breaks. I was neither. So monday morning i called in to my Ob and told the doctor i was in labour so i didnt want to go to an appointment, shes like well maybe its braxton hicks you should still come in just in case its not labour. So i waited in the doctors office for 10 mins, and the other OB came in and shes like yup your in labour your only 2 cm dialated, BUT i dont think your going to last into the night. DH and i kept timing the contactions. still 15 mins into the night. into day and into the night again. What a liar that doc was lol!. So i started to take a warm bath and i guess it started to hep come along cuz they started to get more intense but still manageable. I couldn't even pee properly i had to get hubby to rub my lower back while i went. even then it was drizzle here stop drizzle ther stop.. how annoying!! So its wednesday, everyone is bothering me to get her out now and im in soo much pain yadda yadda. I'm like no im not in a lot of pain. 5:00 rolsl around im very crabby, havn't gotten any sleep in 24 hours, havn't eaten much. I just want to sleep they are still 10 mins apart. I go to try and get some sleep, nope cant do that. What do you kno what do i do go to take another bath. I guess that really help speed things along, cuz they went to 5 mins. So i called the hospital and they told me to come in. I get there and i get stuck in this admitting room, on abed, with those tight stuff around my belly. Like it aint bad enough i got back labour you gotta stick elastic bands around me. So of course i took it off and had a nurse hold it there ahahaha. I get checked and im only 4-5 cm. I got there around 9:00 in the evening. Went to the birthing room around 11 oclock. The nurse somes in( oh gawd what a nice nurse!!) does everything that she needs to do, put the IV in take blood etc etc. She lets me know that if i want the epidural i will have to wait til 1130 because there was an e-csection going on and the person had to be with her. So i was like oh well i dont think im going to want it anyways. So 1130 rolls around i just finish my popiscle( WHOO) i told hubby that i feel like i have to push, my water still hasn;t broken. The nurse comes in the feeling passes so i dont tell her. It comes back again not even 3 mins later. The nurse is in the room with me, and i tell her this time...i was like umm i feel like i have to...UGGHHHH PUSH!. shes like no try to resist it. I try so hard, i close my legs(at this point in time i only had a night gown and socks on. so my legs ar e close and i get the urge to push, my water breaks. You ever hear the sound of a baloon breaking at your feet, That was me..And all i could say was- GREAT my socks are wet!. The nurse whips off my blanket nad starts to clean up. It was all clear water, and shes like thats great the baby didnt poopy in your water. i was like YESS! so it s about 12:30 now and i really have to push, by now my contractions are 3 mins apart. Nurse calls another nurse in to check how much ive dialeted and im fully dialeted etc etc. I was pushing, I wasn't screaming..just pushing. The nurse told me i was the best patient ever. So i pushed for an hour but seemed like half an hour. Nurse tells me Im going to feel a burning sensation, DEFINATLY felt that. The head pops out. they suction her, and i push the sholders out. They put my daughter on my now thin stomach, and i started to cry, DH started to cry and he cut the cord. She only cried for a few seconds cuz she had fluid in her lungs. so they took her to sucktion that out and they brought her back. I had to be in recovery for an hour , and i took a shower and had something to eat. I had the WORST headach from pushing and had no food in my body. The shower felt wonderful! So i go to get wheeled down to the nursery where i was going to stay with My DD, and theres my family waiting for me. I felt like yelling...WHOO IM THIN AGAIN.
So there you have it. 74 hours of labour including the pushing. Definatly worth it for my daughter Savannah Hailey! 7lbs 11oz, 21 inches long. I would do it again in a heart beat!

Savannah 15 months old!!

June 10th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to felissa
What a great story! Thanks for sharing.

June 12th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
What a great story! Thanks for sharing.[/b]
Thank you!

Savannah 15 months old!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic