The Birth of Serenity Belle

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
So as we all know, I couldnt sleep at all the night prior so I was up at 330 showered and was hanging around JM from 4 till we left for the hospital.

We arrived at about 815, they checked us in and my nurse hooked up my IV and got ready to start the pitocin. At 908 my doctor broke my water and my pit officially started at 915. I didn't get a lot of regular contractions till the nurse came in after 30 min to up it. Then as soon as she did that they went to 2-3 minutes apart. But not terrible at all, I still barely felt them, I was actually watching cartoons with Jarrett haha. Right before lunch the contractions started getting uncomfortable enough that I had to breath through them, so the nurse came in and up'd my fluids cuz for this hospital you have to have atleast 1 bag of fluids before you can have an epi. She went on her 30 min lunch break, and came back with the anestesiologist already been called. So we waited for him to come up. He got up to my room and the epi was super easy too haha it didn't really hurt much just a couple of pokes and it was in.....i didn't even get that shooting pain down the leg that people get.
Afterwards I stayed at 5cm for awhile, she was turned looking at my hip so I couldn't progress at all. Very disheartening to here that you are still at 5 after that many hours haha. But the nurses would come in and roll me every 30 minutes to convince her to turn and to keep my epi equal on both sides of my body.
Then after I updated everyone at about 3 that I was still at 5cm, a new nurse came on duty at 330 so I got rechecked, and in that 30 min interval Serenity had turned and I had gone to a stretchy 7!!
About an hour after that I was at a complete 8, and they sat my bed up to help bring down baby's head.
At 445 I was feeling pressure like I needed to poop and I let my nurse know. She told me that she was going to wait another 30 min to check me just to give me some extra time.....really i think she was being lazy but whatever. So at 515 we were officially complete and ready to push. And as if it were a sign, at that moment my doctor paged the nurse for an update....unfortunately he was on the other side of town haha so we waited for him to get back to the hospital. That took him about 20 min trying to rush through rush hour. He got in and everything got set up. He told the nurse to be ready cuz this was only going to take 1 push. Well it didn't it took 2 haha. I pushed once and her head came half way out to her ears, one more push and the rest of her came out.

The first thing I said was "oh my gosh she is so small!!" I could not believe how tiny she is. DEF not in the 75%!!!! LOL
They let her lay on my stomach for about 10 minutes while they cleaned her off a bit and I delivered the placenta (took twice as many pushes as the baby LOL)

So they got her weighed and gave her back to me to wait for the nursery to come in and process her into the system. They took her blood and gave her vit k

At about that time my nurses noticed that I was bleeding a lot so they gave me an extra shot of the pit and started massaging my uterus....apparently fast deliveries are known to cause extra bleeding. They got it under control quickly though.

So that's our birth story, she was born at 549 weighed 6 lbs 7.6 oz (they are calling her 6lbs 8oz) and is 19.25 oz
June 17th, 2008, 07:52 AM
mothra's Avatar Martha
precious little thing glad it went well, rachael! congratulations!

June 17th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm glad your delivery went so smoothly. She's lovely

June 17th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She is adorabe. Sounds like a great labor and delivery!!

June 18th, 2008, 10:14 AM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad all went well for you. Congrats she's a cutie!
June 19th, 2008, 05:38 PM
MamaJess0008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to MamaJess0008 Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJess0008
glad it went well hun!!!! thanks for sharing with us. she is adorable!! congrats mama

Thank you claire1979 for the cute siggy!! =)

June 20th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you had such a good experience! Congrats on your beautiful little girl!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search