The birth story of Isabel Reese!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2008, 05:29 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Finally

Monday June 9th 2008

Matt and I headed to the hospital at 9:30am. We were to be there at 10am since our c-section was scheduled for 1pm. My mom came to my house to watch Brinlee. After the baby was born and I got sent into the recovery room, Matt was going to call all family members (my side and his) to let them know that they could come up and visit once we got into a room. Except for my parents, who had Brinlee, who would be able to bring her up right away since she's the big sister.
We got checked in at the front desk and headed to L&D. We walked in and told them we're here for a 1pm c-section. One of the nurses looked at me and said "You know you're not going until 2pm, right?" Umm, no. We did not know that. My OB had pushed it back, but no one ever informed me of this. So, we were given the option to stay or leave for another hour. We opted to stay, because going back home would only confuse Brinlee. I got into the lovely hospital down... yuck! And I was hooked up to the monitors for a couple of hours so they could keep an eye on the baby's heart rate and to see if I was having any contractions. I knew I had been crampy for the past couple of weeks... but darn it, I was actually contracting! Some of them were getting really painful while I was hooked up to the monitor. I believe baby just knew it was about time for her to enter the world! I sent Matt to the gift shop to buy me a word search book, I was bored! And to get a bottle of water to share with me. I wasn't supposed to have anything-- not even water. But my mouth was so dry... I had to!
At one point, around noon, I started to freak out a little bit. I was HOT... very HOT! I needed a fan and NOW! Because I was hot, I was miserable. That stupid hospital gown was driving me nuts. The stupid bed was not comfortable. All I could think about was "If I'm this uncomfortable now, how do I think I'll feel after I'm sliced open?" I looked at Matt and said "What were we thinking? I don't want to do this! Let's go home!" and I started to cry. After I got my fan, I cooled off and felt a million times better. Looking back on it, that was all rather silly!
Around 1:30pm, the nurse came to check on me. We asked her if we were still going at 2pm. She said they were getting flooded with patients, there was an emergency c-section going on right then and they'd have to get the OR cleaned up before they took me. She also said that my OB still wasn't at the hospital and he wasn't at his office either. So, my doctor was MIA. Right after that we had a knock on the door. It was DH's brother and his wife. I swear, some people just don't listen! We told everyone to stay home until we called them. I was ticked off. 20 minutes later, another knock. DH's parents and his aunt. That about sent me over the wall. Here I was, uncomfortable as hell, impatiently waiting, in this tiny (I mean tiny!!!!) L&D room packed full with 7 freaking people. I tried my hardest to not say anything. Oh I was so mad! For goodness sake, MY family wasn't even there. MY daughter wasn't even there. We told them to stay home! I can't stand these people.
3pm rolled around and the nurse finally came in and said lets go! I was so happy! I thought I'd be so nervous getting up out of that bed and walking into the OR... but I wasn't. Not nervous at all. All I felt was excitement! I kissed DH goodbye and told him I'd see him in a few minutes (they bring him in after they prep me).
I walked into the OR... so much different than I remember with Brinlee. I got up on the table and got my spinal right away. It didn't hurt, I was surprised! My anestheiologist was AWESOME! Seriously! She was the greatest! She talked to me and walked me through everything, told me what I was about to feel... and I did! I told her what I was feeling, and she assured me that it was normal and meant the spinal was working perfectly. I told her I didn't want Versed, she said ok fine! I told her I didn't want my arms strapped down, she said no problem. I told her I was hot... she unsnapped my gown and pulled it down a bit to get me some air. I told her my shoulder hurt from laying flat out like that, she let me bend my arm to my chest. I told her I didn't want the drape close to my face, she moved it back. She was perfect! Soon my OB came in, follwed by DH. My OB said sorry about the hold up. We just had a big flood and well, his house got flooded so he had been dealing with that and the clean-up. I totally understood. No problem. Lets get the show on the road and have this baby!!!!
DH and I held hands the whole time, everyone was chit-chatting... talking about nothing really. Just random stuff. Animals, the flood, this and that. It was so calm and relaxing. The radio was on and my OB was singing. It was funny!
At 3:54pm, Isabel Reese was born.... and the song on the radio was "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed. What a perfect song for her to be born to!

Here are some of the lyrics from the song:

Well I just heard the news today
It seems my life is going to change
I closed my eyes, begin to pray
Then tears of joy stream down my face

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open

Well I don't know if I'm ready
To be the man I have to be
I'll take a breath, I'll take her by my side
We stand in awe, we've created life
With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
Now everything has changed
I'll show you love
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open
I'll show you everything ...oh yeah
With arms wide open..wide open

Isabel Reese
June 9th, 2008 3:54pm
8 lbs 1 oz 22 inches

I had high expectations for my c-section and recovery....... but I will honestly tell you that the way everything went, went WAY UP AND ABOVE the already high expectations. It was perfect!!!

Don't mind DH... he ALWAYS blinks LOL and he was hot because of that mask!
June 18th, 2008, 06:35 AM
E1izabeth's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! I'm glad everything went according to plan!
Fomerly known as 1SonSoFar, now awaiting Baby #3!!!

June 18th, 2008, 10:06 AM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad everything went so wonderfully... minus the inlaws that is. Congrats!
June 20th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The end of your story is so touching! Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search