Baby Madalynn Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Amanda
Lets see.... I woke up around 3:30 and just couldn't sleep. I was fiddling around on the computer for a little bit and then I felt nausea. I went to the bathroom because I was gonna be sick. I threw up and when I did I thought I had peed myself. I couldn't believe that I did that. Anyways I stood up and when I did there was another gush of water. In the back of my head I was like oh my gosh my water just broke. But I didn't want it to be true because my husband was some where in between Germany and Here. So I cleaned up and try to lay down but I kept leaking fluid. Still no contractions at this point. I finally got up and piddle across the house to wake my mom up to see what she thought. And she was like oh well if its your water you have 24 hours before you have to go in. Which by the way is not true. So I asked her to stay awake with me because I was scared. I started having contractions about 30 minutes after my water broke. At first they were about 10 minutes apart. I wanted to wait as long as possible before we called the doctor or went to the hospital because I was pretty sure Maddi was still breech. Which would mean they would do an emergency c-section right away. So I waited until about 8:30 and my contractions were 6 minutes apart and I called the doctor and he said to come in immediately. So we waited for about another hour to see if I would hear from my husband and I didn't. So I changed my cell phone message to let him know that we were having the baby and that my dad could get him from the airport. We went to the hospital around 9:40 and my contractions were about 5 minutes apart at this time. We got checked in and they checked to see if it was my water that had broken. And of course it was. I was gonna laugh if I peed myself that many times! So they started getting all my vital signs and giving me fluids. They had the ultrasound techinican come in to check the position of the baby and she said that Maddi was transverse and there was a possibility of turning her. I got so excited. Needless to say my doctor came in to check the ultrasound and she was not transverse but in deed she was very breech and there would be no way for her to turn. He said that we would have a baby no later than 11:15am. I got all the paper worked filled out and we preceded to go to the OR. My mom was gonna be here for me because my husband couldn't. They took us back there and perform the c-section and I had my baby girl at exactly 11:15 she was 7lbs 6oz and 20 inches long. She came out with her legs all up in the air. Everybody was calling them frog legs. It was just due to her being breech. They got me all cleaned up and headed back to recovery. My husband had called when we were in the OR and got the voicemail saying I was having our daughter. He was stuck in Atlanta for another couple hours. I was little upset but I knew that it would be ok. He made it 4 hours after she was born. We are all doing good and just adjusting to our new life.

June 19th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she was eager to meet daddy! I'm glad your mom was able to be with you and that everything went smoothly

June 20th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!I hope things continue to go well for you guys!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search