Introducing Keagan Michael

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, let me just start by saying that as soon as I was about to hit 37 weeks, I tried everything to get this little guy out! On Saturday, June 14th, I ate some spicy food for lunch, DH and I spent the day out and about so I did a bunch of walking and I took an evening primrose geltab. DH and I went to the movies that night to see You Don't Mess With the Zohan and during the movie, I could've sworn that I felt like I was leaking. But when I went to the bathroom, I really couldn't tell. I didn't feel like I was leaking any more for the rest of the night. And then right before bed DH and I dtd. All day we had been talking about whether or not he were to come the next day or that night, and I could tell that DH was finally thinking that Keagan will be here soon! So on Sunday morning DH had to work and left for work around 6am. I slept in until 9:30 or so, but when I woke up before I even got out of bed I felt like I was leaking. And when I stood up, sure enough I felt a trickle go down my leg. I ran to the bathroom and a bunch of stuff fell out. I thought surely I just peed myself, he can't come now! But when I looked it was all clear except for some blood. And it smelled funny. I started freaking out! I just sat on the toilet for a few minutes saying out loud Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, we're going to have a baby! And then I realized that I should probably call DH. So I called the boat (his cell doesn't work on the sub because of all the metal)...and no one answered! I spent nearly 20 minutes on the phone trying to get a hold of him. You'd think that in 20 minutes someone would walk by the phone, but nope! So I called one of his friends that he works with, who also tried calling the boat, but then ended up calling DH's chief who somehow got a hold of someone on the boat who told DH. In the meantime, I called my parents who live in PA to tell them and then took a shower. DH got home right as I was getting out of the shower and we started to pack all of the last minute things and were on the way to the hospital by 11:30! I was so excited and everything that I didn't even realize that I was having contractions. So on the way to the hospital I started timing them and they were about 6 minutes apart lasting for about 40seconds! Ack! Once we got there it seemed to take forever to get checked into L&D! They checked me while I was in the triage and said I was at 3cm and 75%effaced! And they also checked my fluid to make sure that my water did break. After getting some blood drawn and my IV put in, I was moved to the room I delivered in. They asked me 20 million questions and I filled out some paperwork and they started me on pitocin around 2. Shortly after starting that they checked me again and I was at 4cm and 80% effaced. My contractions were starting to get a lot stronger and Keagan's heartrate was going down with each one, so they kept lowering my pitocin and I was switching sides every minute or so. I decided to get an epidural after I just couldn't take the pain from the contractions anymore. The anesthesiologist came in and it took her forever to get it in the right spot! I guess my vertebrae are really close together or something, but she had to try 3 different spots before finally getting it in! But after getting the epidural, I felt soooo much better! Although I was still having to switch sides every minute or so and the epidural made that really hard to do! My parents arrived around 7 so time went by really quickly getting to talk to them. And my mom brought all of this food in and was teasing me with it! I was so frustrated with her since I was starving and hadn't eaten in 22 hours at that point. They checked me again at 8pm and I was at 6cm and 90%effaced and since Keagan's heartrate was still dropping with every contraction, they stopped the pitocin. And the next time they came to check me was around 9:30 and I was expecting them to say that I was 7 or 8cm, but they said I was fully dilated! It was funny because right before they checked me my mom had asked me if I was nervous and I said no. But right after they checked me I started to get really nervous! So I started to push a little after 10pm. They set up a mirror so I could see his head and everything! It was so neat! I never thought that I would be one of those loud people who scream while giving birth, but I did! After about 30 to 40 minutes of pushing, Keagan was born at 10:59pm (although the time on my pictures says it was before then)! They put him on my belly right away and I don't remember this, but my mom later on said that I just kept saying oh, he's so cute over and over. He stayed on my belly for quite a while while they cleaned him off and got everything set up for him. It must have been nearly 30 minutes! I did have a 2nd degree tear though. And just as they started to do the stitches, my epidural started wearing off! Man, did that hurt! They got the anesthesiologist back in to give me some more for the stitches and then I was okay. Keagan weighed 5lbs 14oz. and measured in at 19.25in. He got a 9 on his apgar test. They gave him his first bath and then he was passed around to all of the family.

My Ovulation Chart

Mommy to Keagan - June 2008, Benny - October 2010 and Liam - June 2012
June 20th, 2008, 09:56 AM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
Things went quickly for you! Congratulations - he is adorable and you look fantastic and radiant!

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
June 20th, 2008, 09:58 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great birth story! And an adorable little guy as well

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
June 20th, 2008, 10:15 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Congratulations! that is a good birth story, Keagan is adorable
June 20th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats momma! He's adorable!!

June 20th, 2008, 10:26 AM
momof2armybrats's Avatar Army Wife and Mommy!
That is a great story! Congrats!

June 20th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!
June 20th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
*sigh* Such a beautiful birth story! He is SOOOOOO cute!!! I love the pic in your siggy!!!

I hope i get to post Bianca's Birth Story soon!!!
June 20th, 2008, 11:08 AM
nursedawn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's a great story. I'm glad it wasn't that long for you. And that you got Keagan early.
He's adorable too.

June 20th, 2008, 11:19 AM
LaceyAnnLance Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to LaceyAnnLance Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to LaceyAnnLance Mommy
Awww how sweet... I would love a birth story like that... But with a section it won't be that sweet..haha I'm so glad everything went well for you guys! Congrats!

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my beautiful siggy!!
June 20th, 2008, 11:34 AM
fennifer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You look great, and you're right, he is so cute! Haha! You're my inspiration, i'm going to try every thing i can too! Congrats!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

June 20th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Wow, what an exciting birth story!
He's so cute. You did a great job.
Congratulations!

Mom to four beautiful girls

June 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to airfobrat Send a message via MSN to airfobrat Send a message via Yahoo to airfobrat
ADORABLE!!! I can't wait now

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for the awesome siggy!!

June 20th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cute pics!!! Glad you only had to push for half an hour. Thats not too bad!

June 20th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Lady Moonlight's Avatar Freddy and Sammy's Mommy
What a great story! He is such a doll. Congratulations again!!

June 20th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Mommazvibe's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mommazvibe
guess Keagan took his eviction notice very seriously!! Congrats I am glad all went well and was very easy after the EPI

June 20th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Jasons_Mommy's Avatar I love my little man!!
Send a message via AIM to Jasons_Mommy
Im glad Keagan took the hint that his mommy and daddy wanted him to make his appearence!!! He is adorable I love the picture in your siggy!!! He is tooo cuttee!!!!

Congrats Mommy!!!!

Thank you Sara(misfitinmn) for my siggy!!
June 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM
PerfectlyFlawed06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG he is beautiful!!!!!! You look so happy and just fantastic. Congratulations on a perfect little boy

<div align="center"></div>
June 21st, 2008, 06:45 AM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via MSN to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpea0708
Congrats!!

June 21st, 2008, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is a great story. Congrats!!! Keagan is adorable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search