Mikayla Mae's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM
bubbles1014's Avatar Veteran
Monday night i ended up with a really bad back ache didn't really think anything of it and went to bed. When I woke up tues. I had a lot of discharge and just felt different I almost told my husband to not go to work but didn't. Well then I kept having this really bad constant back ache. I talked to my aunt about it and she said I should get checked to make sure I wasn't leaking since I couldn't tell if the discharge was fluid or just normal discharge. Plus all this time I couldn't hardly walk. I was hunched over in pain (I thought it was b/c she was just down low). Called the dr. up and they had me come in I think it was sometime in the morning don;t remember the time. Well he checked me I was 3 cm and very thin and he said my water wasn't leaking and that the pain I was having was b/c she was so low. So a little disappointed I came home and was talking to my aunt who said i shouldn't be in this much pain walking. So for most of the day i was in labor and didn't really realize it until later that afternoon when I started knowing I was having contractions. They were really hard to time since they were all in my back. Afraid that I would be sent home again i told my husband not to come home and if I was still in a lot of pain we would go to the hospital when he got home. So i called me mom who came over about 4 to help with ashton b/c I was having contractions. So when my husband got home I told him to eat supper then we could go this was about 6:00. So we got to the hospital and at this point I figured they would jsut send me home since I couldnt' tell if my contractions were close enough together. We get checked in and they check me and I was about 3.5 cm dialated and about 15 min after I got there I felt this small gush of water. So I knew I was going to have her :-) My water broke but not all the way so they ended up breaking it for me and when she checked me again I was 5 cm and my contractions were not to bad at this point. So then she checked me again and I was at 7 cm. and my contractions started to get really painful. They gave me some meds through my IV for the pain which made me super sleepy and out of it. After that I remember needing to push but they said I couldnt' b/c I was still only 7-8 cm. So I tried not pushing then all of a sudden I said I had to push and I couldn't stop myself they got the dr and she said I could push and with one push Mikayla was born at 8:10 pm. She came so fast she didnt' have a cone head at all. She was bruised from coming so fast and her poor eyes were sooo swollen. The cord was wrapped around her neck twice but the nurse said that b/c my cord was so long that it didn't bother her at all so we were lucky there. So I was in labor most of the day but I would have to say that I had a very fast and quck labor and delivery. the most intense part was from when I got to the hospital after my water broke to when she was born otherwise my contractions were not bad at all. I didn't even have time to get my full dosage of antibotics for strep b but they said that it was ok b/c I got at least one dose. I did tear and ended up with a 2nd degree tear from her coming so fast. For the most part I feel great and Mikayla is doing good. She is prefect. Ashton doens't know what to think of her and just kind of looks at her then is off playing. My husband has been great and is very proud of his little girl :-). so there it is my birth story which I have to say went excellent.

June 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw that's a sweet story! She was definately in a hurry to meet you. Congratulations!

June 20th, 2008, 05:48 PM
bubbles1014's Avatar Veteran
Thanks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search