Our little Army Princess...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
Despite my begging her to decide to come out on her own, she didn't and I was induced on July 22. I hardly slept the night before due to nerves and the fear that I'd oversleep. Around 3:30 am, I decided to take my shower and then wake Jason up. We left for the hopsital at 5 am. I arrived at 6 am and at 6:46, they started my pitocin. Tuesdays are very busy days at the hospital, as that's when they schedule inductions and c-sections, so when the anesthesia guy showed up at 7:40 to start my epidural, I didn't argue! I was afraid he wouldn't make it back in time before my contractions became too painful. I did great during the epidural...it was Jason who kind of had an episode! Apparently he had his knees locked as he was standing there holding my hand. I had my chin to my chest, so I couldn't really see what he looked like. The next thing I know, the nurse is pulling over a stool for him and yelling for someone to bring him some juice. I think it was a combination of having his knees locked, a lack of sleep, and seeing that big giant needle in my back that made him almost pass out. Poor guy...he was white as a sheet. Just after my epidural was in, the doctor came in to break my water at exactly 8:15.

From there, things were relatively uneventful. I really never felt a contraction because the epidural was in so quickly. I started the induction at 2 cm, and 4 hours into the induction, I was only 3 cm. Jason and I spent most of the day talking and catching up with one another. My mom and sister arrived around 11 and floated in and out of the room. I managed to take a fairly good nap. When the dr. checked me around 1, I was about 4 cm. At this point, I was getting frustrated because I really had hoped to be progressing a little more quickly. The dr. said he'd be back to check me in a few hours. Turns out, he wouldn't get to check me again because my labor finally started to progress.

Around 3:45, I told Jason that I was starting to feel more and more pressure. And within 10 minutes of saying that, I was begging for the epidural guy to come back and up the meds. My epidural almost ran out just as I hit 7 cm. I kept telling the nurse that I was feeling an increasing need to push, but I really don't think she believed me. When she checked me, I was 7 cm and within about 6 contractions, I was fully dilated. Everything happened so quickly, yet it felt like slow motion, too. I tried to breath through the contractions and pressure as they prepped the room for the delivery. Once everything was set, the nurse had me push. I pushed for about 6 contractions. The most amazing part for me was being able to watch Carlie's head crown in the mirror that was on the wall. They didn't have a mirror in the room when I delivered Wyatt. Seeing it was so amazing and it gave me the strength to keep on pushing.

At 4:50 pm, my beautiful miracle was born. The dr. put her directly on my chest and I cried and cried. I couldn't believe that she was finally here. As they cleaned her up, the dr. repaired my tear. It's not a horrible tear, just enough to need a few stitches, so I can't really complain. Once she was all cleaned up, the handed her to me and everyone cleared out of the room except for Jason. The three of us spent an hour bonding and Jason and I admired our daughter. I really cherish that quiet hour we had together right after she was born.

Carlie Jane weighed in at 8lbs 10 oz and was 21 in long. She is just perfect!! I feel so blessed to have a daughter. I still look at her in wonder and just can't believe that she's really here.

July 26th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Congratulations, it sounds like your induction went well. I'm so glad that you and Jason took some time for just the three of you to bond and be quiet together.
Congrats again!

July 27th, 2008, 11:00 AM
mommaluvs2730's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Josh almost felt like he was going to pass out when I was in labor with my first daughter.

July 28th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! You had a nice short labor! Im glad it went so well, and you had a peaceful hour to spend as a family!

Thank you Sara (misfitinmn) for my awesome siggy!

August 14th, 2008, 05:28 PM
4Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3

August 14th, 2008, 07:44 PM
PerfectlyFlawed06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that is amazing that you saw her crown with the mirror!!!

OMG Jason! Poor thing almost passing out!!!!!

Congratulations on your beautiful baby!!

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search