Lucy Jane's Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lucy Jane
6-27-08
1:40 am
6 lbs 18.5 in

on the 26th about 5 pm, i started having contractions. i didn't really think anything of it though because they didn't really hurt. they felt just the same as any other day. i went out to eat with my family and they continued. i didn't even tell my mom about them while i was there. i got home at about 7pm and went out to my garden and worked for an hr and a half weeding. that's one thing i wanted to get done before Lucy arrived. i got it all done and came inside. decided to get on the net and time them. i was so shocked to find they were 2 mins apart and about 50 secs long. i seriously couldn't tell. i called my sister and she said we should go in because it was late and she didn't want to be rushing me there at midnight (it was about 8:45, i think). so i called my dh (he works nights a few hrs away) and let him know that maybe i might be in labor and i'd let him know. my sister showed up and i packed my bag cuz i'm a slacker. i was putting it off, plus i thought i had at the least another week. and of course, i forgot to pack undies. but in my defense i thought i had. dh ended up bringing me a pair of his undies lol! but hey, they work better with pads they girl undies. anyways. so we made our way to the hospital...it's a 30 min drive and we got checked in about 10pm. so this "little girl" took me back to my room and asked me to pee in a cup and all that jazz. she asked me how far apart my contractions were and i told her i didn't know. i hadn't been timing them since i left, we told her they had been 2 mins apart and that i was still having them. she makes the comment "oh, so you're not in enough pain to time them?" obviously, she'd not had a baby before. i knew what kind of pain was too come and this pain was nothing! she decides that i'm not in labor and hooks me up for a NST. i'm bottomless, but still have my shirt on. contractions are coming up on the monitor as 2 mins apart. so she leaves and in comes the girl who knew not what she was doing. she checks me, i'm at a 3cm. so she goes through all the questions she needs to ask. by the time she was done it was probably 11pm. at this time the pain intensifies. wow is all i can say. she checks me again, still a 3. by midnight i'm near tears....still a 3. i finally ask for something. all she can say is " you're not far enough, but we can give you this, it'll make you sleep and then we'll send you home." she left the room and i looked at my sister and told her i wasn't leaving. my dh calls at this point and says he's two hrs away and headed home but slowly...i told him he didn't have 2 hrs. this girl comes back in and i'm telling her i feeling a lot of low pain. she checks me again and says i'm barely a 4. she leaves to get a nurse to check and make sure so i could get the epi. nurse comes in about 30 seconds later and checks me...i'm a 7 with a bulging bag. yeah...thankyou girl who knows not what she's doing. i'm betting i arrived at a 7 cuz that's how it had been with my dd...not a lot of pain and at a 7 with a bulging bag. the nurse says lets get the room prepped and get the epi in. i just looked at her and said..."you don't have time!" my mom and dh show up about 1 am. dh had apparently floored it and sped the whole way there...running red lights with cops parked right there! so at this point we're just waiting on my bag of water to break...which it never had before. so here i am in pain...knowing all i needed was my water to break...telling the nurses that all i need is my water to break. of course no one listens to the pregnant lady...apparently when you're in pain...no one thinks you're serious. so my mom speaks up..."ya know, if you could just break her water she'd be done." the nurse..."oh, well let me call the dr and get him here." for real. so the dr shows up and breaks my water and instantly i had to push. i pushed through 3 contractions and there she was. so it was kinda quick. had my dr been in town i'm sure it would have been loads different...yeah...forgot to mention, it was a different dr...not that it bothered me, i acutally liked him better than my dr!

so there ya have it. my labor in a nut shell. i just don't get why my water doesn't break on its own...it just sits there and hinders progress.

July 28th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Veteran
Wow, isn't it weird ? You always hear about the dumb nurses on the movies and tv shows and think, surely they aren't THAT Dumb. But I've come to notice that if there's a dumb nurse within 50 miles she'll be the one handeling a delivery!

That's a great birth story. I'm glad your DH made it!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 28th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's a fun birth story to read! Congrats!

July 30th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Thats a great birth story! Glad ur DH made it! What hospital did you brith at?
July 31st, 2008, 12:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thats a great birth story! Glad ur DH made it! What hospital did you brith at?[/b]
Uintah Basin Medical Center...it's in Roosevelt. just tiny, although they did remodel the L&D which i didn't know they were doing...they now have 12 labor rooms instead of the 4 they used to have.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search