Brookelynn's Birth story.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Veteran
Brookelynn Jade
Born: June 30th 2008
1:22 PM
7 lbs 7 oz.

Warning: This story is REALLY long and kinda vent like.

June 29th. I was officially 5 days past the due date and according to my doctor I was still at 1cm. I had been at 1 cm for a little over a month. (It's embarassing to be still at 1cm every time you go in there) My fiancee, Chad, went home after work. He lives with his mom and dad. (He's a big mommy's boy) and didn't get to my house until after 9. I had lost my mucous plug the day before so all my family members were prepared for the big day to come soon. (I still live with my mom and dad) I started feeling a bit of pain in my stomach, nothing like what others explained contractions to feel like. It was almost like a really hard kick from the baby. I noticed them and went on. Chad started timing them, just for kicks, and he noticed that they were 5 minutes apart. He started having a small panic attack. He called his mom because she used to be a nurse, and she said not to worry, contractions can last for days at 5 minutes apart. (Did I mention that she USED to be a nurse? ) So Chad calmed down. He kept timing them and asking if they hurt. Of course they didn't hurt near as bad as I thought they would so I kept saying, This is easy. I don't think I'll need drugs if it stays like this.

By 11 pm. Chad decided to go home and sleep because he had work the next day at 5 am. I begged him spend the night, but he said I would be fine and to call him if I needed anything. So after he left, the contractions got worse. My mom and dad kept asking if I needed to go in yet, but I was so afraid I would be sent home for 'just being at 1 cm' so I said no. I Sat down and started playing Bejeweled on the computer. That was my epidural! I had been set to take my dad's high school off the board completely so I would play and then pause it when I had a contraction and then resume once I felt better. This went on until 1Am. when I would lose the timed games everytime I had a contraction because I couldn't think through the contractions. That was my warning sign that I needed to go to the hospital. My mom grabbed my bag, and after I had a contraction we jumped in the car and headed to the hospital. My dad stayed home because he doesn't like hospitals and I really didn't want him just wandering around and I refused to call Chad until I knew for sure it was labor, and I was still furious at him for going home. Oh and the contractions were starting to hurt. I didn't even make it to the hospital before I said " screw natural labor, Can I have the drugs now?"

We to into the emergency room around 1:20ish and the admitting staff wheeled me around the obstacle course that was made by the janitors that decided to wax the floors. I entered triage and there I was going to stay until they knew if I was a priority or not. The hospital had a TON of women going into labor that weekend so they wanted to be absolutly sure I was a keeper. When I got into the room, the first thing I asked was when I could go sit in the hot tub? Most of the delivery rooms had hot tubs and I made that nurse promise to give me a room with a hot tub. So by the time they got me hooked up and gave me the two hours to check for progression it was almost 4:30. Then I decided it was time to call Chad. I knew he would be on his way to work. So mom called him up while they set me up in the room.

5 am rolled around and chad entered dressed in his Wal-mart garb! He was about to clock in when my mom called and he ran out of the store. He had to call into work from the hospital because he left in such a hurry. So at about 6 am they had me set up enough to sit in the tub and I sat in there until about 9:30ish The tub was AWESOME! I would definatly do that again. It made the contractions that were reading the 100 mark feel about like the ones that read 40 on the bed. But it made the nurse nervous because I kept saying that I could just have the baby in the tub. She did NOT want a tub birth and finally lured me out of the tub with the promise of an epidural. It took almost an hour to get the epidural woman in the room and I hurting! But once I got the epidural I rested and Chad fell asleep. My mom was still there and my best friend had came in by then. I had the epidural placed at 10:45 and my water was broken at that time also. By 11:30 I had dialated from a 4 to an 8 with 100 % effacement and the head was engaged. I was all but ready to push. We then decided to wake up chad and tell him it was time to have the baby.

While pushing, the nurse would tell me to push push push and then tell me to stop. Then she told me that she could not deliver the baby because she wasn't a doctor and the doctor was busy. Then she'd tell me to push some more. I was so confused that We sent her to get a doctor. It took me almost 2 hours of pushing and the doctors feared that I was about to have a stroke due to my blood pressure, but at 1:22 PM Brookelynn was born. It was the best feeling ever. She came out screaming and pooping everywhere! She got most of it in the pail that they have for the placenta. She was perfectly healthy.

My blood pressure returned to normal and I was allowed to take her home two days later! It was a fairly short labor. 12 hours from the time I walked in to the hospital till the time I had her. And I didn't feel near as much pain as a person that was having the natural birth. I even remember the nurse telling me to look at the monitor I was having a bunch of contractions at the same time and they were over lapping. I told the nurse, "Really?! Wow, that's nice." and I laid back down.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 28th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! She's precious.

July 30th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Great story!! She is adorable!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search