My birth story.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
ON the morning on July 14th, 2008 we woke up at 4:30 am as we were told to be at the hospital for 6 am. So we figured the hubby needed his coffee, and i wanted to kiss the boys good bye and let them know everything was going to be fine. The c-section date was finally here. and i was starting to get scared. But i knew that i would be holding my baby in my arms before lunch time. We get to the hospital right at 6 am. I walked up the stairs holding Dwayne's hand, and my mom was right behind us. I started to cry and i said this is it! our whole world changes at 8 am. Dwayne gave my a hug and said everything is going to be perfect no worries babe. I get checked in and they bring me to my room, start the I.V do the temps all that fun stuff. I kept watching the clock. At 7:30 am, my dr comes in and says that there was a emergency c-section and mine has been pushed back. That there was twins that were having a hard time breathing, and the extent of this one of the twins had a cut from the knife. they had to get them out! could you imagine? I was upset but theres nothing i can do. Finally at 11:52am the nurse comes in the room, and says are you ready? Well i started to cry Dwayne and my mom went to grab a coffee, and they werent answering the cells, My friend whos pregnant had to rush downstairs and get them. Finally as im going to the 4th floor Dwayne and my mom comes off the elevator. Dwayne was told to go and scrub up get the scurbs on etc. They bring me in and they start the spinal. I was freaked. it took him 1 shot to get it in and done. I was laying on my back..LOL. My dr walked in with Dwayne and he said are you ready? can you feel this? i said nope and nope. they all started to laugh. next thing i know, Dwayne looks over the cloth and sees Makenna's head, he started to snap pictures. then i hear her crying so i started to cry!! so did daddy. My dr thought it would be funny to announce she was a BOY cause i cant see anything. I was about to swear....then i heard him laughing. Dr's i tell ya. My dr passed her to the nurses so they can weigh her and get her cleaned up.
Makenna Marie was born July 14th, 2008 at 12:59 pm weighing 6 lbs 14 oz, 19 inches long!!

When they thought she was over 9 lbs!
Daddy went over and started taking pictures of her, and then the nurses passed Dwayne Makenna and brought her over to me. The tears were just flowing from me. My daughter was finally here and she looks like me! I went to recovery and 1/2 hr later i was taken to my room, where my dad mom, best friend, my boys, another friend, Dwayne's best friend, and dwayne were all in the room. I was so excited to show off my new baby and to say I have a daughter!! My parents now are reliving Makenna as if it was me. and watching my dad with her is just the best feeling. 2 hrs after her I was up and walking around, drinking and using the washroom. I had it easy. I didnt take any pain meds afterwards. as i wasnt in any pain. just discomfort. i was allowed to leave the hospital after 2 days of having her. My dr said i was doing great for someone that just had a c-section. I asked him if i could leave after 2 days cause i do have a family and stuff. He agreed as long as i could walk, pass gas and use the washroom. I did all of that.

Theres my birth story, i know its not much of one as its a c-section. But its still a story to share...

thanks for reading!

August 14th, 2008, 05:30 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
August 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM
PerfectlyFlawed06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is absolutely a story!! I'm just so happy for you guys Congratulations on your beautiful little girl. I'm surprised she wasn't big too!!!!!!

<div align="center"></div>
March 23rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
Regular
Congratulations!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search