Cameron's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
After 24 hours of labor he is here I started out on Thursday having terrible back contractions that were not even close to being regular but they were enough to keep me awake all night, I called Friday morning because I was already supposed to have an NST but told them that I was having a ton of painful back pressure and was wondering if it could be from constipation. So the went to the doctor and he said the magic words, these are contractions but you are still high and closed. Well the cervical exam got things going crazy and I started having contractions all day long, in my back, I lived in the tub.. So no sleep on Friday night, contracted all the way into Saturday within 15 minutes was the closest they would come. So no sleep Saturday, and finally on Sunday at 3:00 pm they finally got close enough that my doctor said to go to labor and delivery, so we putted around a little bit and went in. I was 2 cm and 50% effaced, he put me on the monitor and said that if I didn't make progress in an hour he was going to send me home, which made me want to jump out the window. So he came in a hour later, I was almost at four and 70% effaced, so they admitted me. I got to walk around, bounce on the ball, I got myself to 6 and asked for the epi so I could get some sleep, something I had not had all weekend. So they come in to do the Epi at midnight, and I stalled right there at six for hours and hours but got some sleep. When I woke up two hours later they were talking about how big the baby's head was and how he was not interested in decending. I still had my bag of waters in tact and they did not want to rupture it yet, my epi finally wore off and I was contracting again in my back, while we waited for the booster, or whatever they call it my doctor hooked me up to pitocin she wanted me to have stronger contractions to push the baby down, well, once they raised the pitocin level three times, the baby head damaged my bladder and blood startred coming through the catheter and so was the pain. These contractions were unbearable and when they did my booster it left a window, I went on like this for four hours, I wanted to hide and cry. I started to be sick, I was exhausted, and hungry. The baby switched himself posterior so he was going to come face first. Well when I finally dialated and effaced all the way the babies head was still at -1. The urge to push was so great that my doctor said to push, bit he was posterior and at 0. Thirty pushes later, thank goodness that went quick, I tore very badly. My placenta would not detach so they had to go in the manually and get it out piece by piece, I didn't know that was even an option. 16 stitches stretching to both places, a massive amount of blood loss and a damaged bladder later I have my son, who I think did this to insure he would be a spoiled only child, and he is gorgeous and mom is a little worse for the ware but with meds and several other courses of action I should heal up back to normal or as close as possible.

August 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
August 14th, 2008, 07:33 PM
PerfectlyFlawed06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ouch! That sounds very painful!!! I'm glad that you have your little man now Congratulations!

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search