Brianna Lynns birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2008, 10:56 PM
xoxopearlyxoxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xoxopearlyxoxo
Well i was due aug 1,2008 and scheduled to be induced on wed july 30, 2008. I had been contracting quite a bit tuesday but they werent painful. We showed up at the hospital at 5:00 am and at 5:30 they took us up to our room. The nurse hooked me up to the monitors and starting taking vitals. She then started my iv and bag of saline. It was around 6:00am and she said she needed to monitor the baby and i before starting the pitocin. So she started asking me all the millions of questions they usually ask.

After all the questions were done she explained that the pit wouldnt start right away and that it would start very slowly. She then looked over at the monitor and asked do you feel these contractions you are having and i said umm no. She laughed and said ok well lets get this pitocin started. This was around 7:00 because i remember she was leaving in a min and shift change was happening. I was just laying there watching tv and my new nurse came in and introduced herself and asked me questions about my first birth. I told her it was horrible and i was scared to death of history repeating its self and that with him i waiting 15 hours before opting for the epidural and this time i didnt want to do that. I want the epidural as soon and the dr says it is ok. She said that was fine with her. She checked me and said i was still 2cm. She left the room to tend to her other patients and justin was sound asleep on the couch. I was watching tv and started contracting and they were strong but i could handle them because they were a couple mins apart. The nurse came in a couple mins later and asked how i was doing? I said im contracting and she said well they are perfect right now, we want them 2 mins apart and thats where you are. I said ok and went back to good morning america. A couple of mins later around 8am I couldnt see straight because the contractions were so hard. They were coming all together and not stopping. I yelled for justin to wake up because i needed him to stand by me. Just then my nurse and dr came in and said ok we are going to check you so when your contraction is over let me know and we will check. He waited a min and i said they arent stopping they are just coming and nurse looked and said oooo yea they are so i said just do it. He checked and said you are just about 3 so so he broke my water and then said there is meconium and we will need to have the nicu nurses here for the deilvery and then looked at the nurse and said you can go ahead and give her some pain meds if she wants them and calls for the epi. Also turn down the pit, it is hitting her pretty hard.

The nurse turned down the pitocin and brought in the iv pain meds and i felt so much better right after she gave them to me. I was still in pain but i was able to deal with it better. Well not to long after that i got really emotional and starting crying because i thought justin was mad at me lol. He wasnt i think it was the meds playing tricks on me. Anyhow anesthesia came in and started the process of the epicural and me still being emotional just sat there sobbing to myself. They put the epi in and i was good to go. I felt like a million bucks!!! At least for the first few mins because after that i fell asleep. I woke up when my girlfriend came to see me and i asked justin to go down to the cafe and sneak me a bagel. That was the best bagel i have ever had in my entire life. The nurse checked me again around 2 and said i was 5cm. At 2:15 my sister showed up on her lunch break and said she needed to leave at 2:45 to head back to work. We were talking and around 2:45 i said ok i think i should touch up my makeup so i look pretty when my daughter meets me. I was doing my makeup and while doing it i kept feeling all this pressure down there and i thought hmm i think i can push but nah they just checked me and im only 5 so my sister said ok well i need to get back to work i will be back when i get off. She walked ok and no sooner walked back in with the nurse. She said the nurse was coming so i thought i would see how far along you are now.

The nurse checked me and said ok you are complete and its time to start pushing. I looked at her and said yea i thought i could start pushing soon and she started laughing at me and said why dont you give me and push so i can check how you are going to do pushing since i know when i call the dr that will be the first thing he asks me. I said ok and started pushing and she yelled OK STOP PUSHING she is right there.

The dr and all the nicu nurses came in and at 2:55 i started pushing. I pushed about 2 times and her head came out. The cord was tightly around her neck so the dr told justin he was sorry but he was going to have to steal his thunder and cut the cord then dr said ok stop pushing i need to suction her out and remember we dont want her to cry right away because of the maconium and the nurses are going to take her as soon as she comes out. I pushed one more time and she was ok and the nurses took her to get her suctioned out and all cleaned up.

She was born at 3:00pm weighing in at 6lbs 9oz. The nurses kept saying how pretty she was but i of course could only see her through the side of the glass she was in. She ended up being fine and was given to me as soon as they got done weighing her. She is beautiful. I am in love and cant believe i have her.
It was the most amazing birth i could have ever asked for.

x's 7
August 3rd, 2008, 12:12 AM
lilmama's Avatar Veteran
how BEAUTIFUL! sounds like you had the perfect birth.... CONGRATULATIONS !

August 3rd, 2008, 12:23 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
AWW!!! sooo cute! what a great birth! congrats!

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
August 3rd, 2008, 12:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*KSmittyAU*~
So glad you had a better experience this time around!!! Congrats!!!

Thank you Sarah (doremi) for my WONDERFUL siggy!

Kym (26); wife to Brandon(25), Mommy to Carson (2), and a child of GOD
August 3rd, 2008, 06:06 AM
laur2laur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad it went so well.
August 3rd, 2008, 09:14 AM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great story! I was cracking up reading how you went from sobbing to a couple hours later touching up your makeup - lol, you're too funny!! I"m glad you had a good birthing experience and congrats again on your little girl!

Cara's sweethearts
August 3rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations once again!!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
August 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I'm so glad this birth went better than your last! Thanks for sharing!

August 4th, 2008, 09:02 AM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats, Pearly! I'm happy to hear this birth was a good experience for you.

August 5th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MarineWife2004
Aww I love it. Congratulations!!

August 7th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats! i'm glad you had a great birthing experience with her!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search