Dakota Erin

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
*Luv my kids*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Luv my kids* Send a message via Yahoo to *Luv my kids*
Dakota Erin
July 29th
6:06 pm
6 pounds 6 ounces
19 1/2 inches

I had pregnancy induced hypertension so I was scheduled to be induced. So I went in at 6:30pm on the 28th of July. They put in the cervidil at 7:40pm. At that point I was barely even a fingertip dialated. I started having contractions but they were not that bad. They left the cervidil in until noon on the 29th and nothing was happening. So they took the cervidil out and started pitocin at 1pm. They uped the dose every 30 minutes. I started having contractions every 3-4 minutes but I still was not dialating. They continued to up the dose every 30 minutes and by 3:00pm I was contracting every minutes but I was still not dialating!!! It was exhausting and painful because they couldn't give me anything for fear of stopping the contractions. At 4:30 my dr finally showed up and still no dialating! At this point it seemed like it would go on forever! So she told me that I could try for another 24 hours or I could have a c-section that night. I did not really want a c-section but at that point I was just tired sore and I could not see going for another 24 hours. So I agreed to the section. After that everything happend VERY fast! I was immidiately prepped for the c-section. My mom was in the room with me while it was going on. At 6:06 pm put came little Dakota! They cleaned her up and then brought her over so I could see her and I kissed her little head for the first time. Then they took her and finished sewing me up, after I was done I had to go t recovery for a few hours I was in horrible pain but all I wanted was to see my little girl! After what seemed like years I finally got taken to a hospital room and they brought in Dakota and put her in my arms. Seeing her for the first time was the most amazing thing ever! She is so gorgeous!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 3rd, 2008, 07:17 PM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, what a sweet ending! Laboring for all that time only to have the c-section must have been frustrating, but having your little girl to hold in your arms - priceless. Congrats on your little girl and thanks for sharing.

Cara's sweethearts
August 3rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*KSmittyAU*~
Thanks for sharing!!! Congrats on Dakota!!!

Thank you Sarah (doremi) for my WONDERFUL siggy!

Kym (26); wife to Brandon(25), Mommy to Carson (2), and a child of GOD
August 3rd, 2008, 09:48 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I'm so glad you had a healthy baby! That sounds like quite the journey... wishing you a quick recovery from your surgery! Congrats on baby Dakota's arrival.

August 4th, 2008, 12:03 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
TFS! Hope you have a speedy recovery! Congrats on your little one

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
August 4th, 2008, 04:09 AM
laur2laur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!
August 4th, 2008, 08:10 AM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't imagine going another 24 hours either, and would have opted for the section at that point as well. Congrats on your little girl

August 5th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MarineWife2004
What a good story Congratulations!

August 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search