Gavyn John

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Gavyns mommy's Avatar Veteran
Okay so here it goes. Thursday and Friday, I felt horrible, didn't want to do anything, couldn't sleep, didn't even wanna shop! Friday night, went to sleep at 1:00am. Woke up at 4:00am to pee, and couldn't fall back asleep. Finally after water tv for an hour, I felt asleep again from 5:00am to 6:00am.
After waking up at 6:00am, I felt pretty good. I was tired, of course, but felt like I was going to conquer the world that day. The nesting urge kicked in. I was on my way to a clean place for the little one.
Around about noon, I felt like I peed my pants but only a little. I was having discharge for a little while before so being a first time mommy, I thought that's what it was. Throughout the day, my undies kept being wet but just a little bit, but no contractions what so ever. I never experienced BH contractions either. I remembered reading you could get an infection if your water breaks and you don't have the baby/go to the hospital, so I started getting nervous. I I didn't want to go to the L&D, and it not be my water breaking. I thought it was all in my head.
I called the on-call nurse around 7:00pm and heard back from her around 8:00pm. She told me to go to the L&D and get it checked even if its not, atleast we are checked. SO told me its better to get checked and it not be then not get checked, and get an infection, so he headed to L&D. I set myself up to be embarassed because I told myself it was just in my head. We go to the hospital around 9:00pm. I got tested to see if it was amnotic fuild, still had no contractions. They hooked me up to the machine and I was having contractions, just not feeling them! The nurse checking me was asking what it looked like and stuff, then told me these exact words, "most likely its just discharge and you'll be sent home. It doesn't seem like amnotic fluid." Right then, I was spechless. I didn't know to be happy I have more time to get things ready, or be sad my little man isn't coming yet. Finally, the nurse came back in my room and said, "Ready to have this baby!?" SO and I immediately started crying. I gave the family a call/text and told them the news. Being two weeks early, half the texts read, "omg. R u serious?" (good 'ol text lango). No one seemed to believe me at first.
Since my water broke nearly 12 hours prior, right when I got set into my room, I got an antibotic incase there was an infection.
I was set up around 10:30 and everything went from there. I was only 3cm, and progressing slow. I had to get pitocin, because I was having contractions but not feeling a thing. They told me to get some rest so I could push this baby out. I tried to sleep, but it didn't exactly work. I finally started feeling contractions, and boy, did they hurt. I got the epidural at 5cm. After that, things flew by. No contractions, dialting faster, and a mom with no sleep. With nearly no sleep for the past 3 days, I was delirious during labor. Between contractions, I was singing random songs I would make up and other songs I don't know where they came from.
Finally, I started pushing at 6:00am. Gavyn John was born at 7:24am on 7/27/08. He was 6 lbs, 9 oz, and 21 inches long. He scored a 9 on his first scoring.

THANK YOU JAIDYNSMUM FOR THE SIGGY!
August 4th, 2008, 10:00 AM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good thing you went in to get checked! Congrats on your birth, sounds like it was a great experience

August 4th, 2008, 12:05 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
That's hilarious about the random singing in between contractions!! Congratulations on your little man!

August 4th, 2008, 03:04 PM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your little guy!! I guess they don't have the saying "better safe than sorry" for no reason - good thing you went in.

Cara's sweethearts
August 5th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MarineWife2004
Ahh that is good you made the call then went in. Congratulations on you LO!!!

August 7th, 2008, 05:17 PM
laur2laur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and thanks for sharing!
August 7th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! That's funny about the singing songs!

August 14th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nice that you got checked and it wasnt too late...and it sounds like you did have a great birth experience!
Congratulations
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
September 21st, 2008, 01:55 PM
xoxopearlyxoxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xoxopearlyxoxo
Good thing you went in! Congrats!

x's 7

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search