The birth of baby number eight

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Super Mommy
We had our little girl on the 19th after three and a half hours of labor. She was born at home. Things began at 3 am. At first I layed in bed with my husband and without saying a word he gently woke up and knew today was the day. For awile we just lay there excited but quiet. About 30 minutes later we got up and started doing some chores around the house to get ready. He blacked out the windows. I did the landry and fed the dog. Only the last hour was painful. I waited until it was painful to call the midwife and our friend who was to watch our kiddoes. So they just barly got there. the midwife got ther thirty minutes before she was born and our friend got there 15 minutes before. But the time alone with my husband laboring to bring our baby into the world in the early morning while it was still dark was so precious and intimate that I am glad I cut it close. I had planned on a water birth but at transition I just could not sit still in the tub too difficult to get comfortable. So I got out and onto to a palet of blankets on the floor. This is where I had her. My husband caught herat 6:30 am. He was thrilled. He held her at the moment her bodywent from limp and frail to full of life. The oldest girls were there. We had planned on having some of the older boys in the room but I was in a real primal state and we thought it was too intense for them. They stayed upstairs and watched cartoons with a friend of ours.

Our little girl was born at 7 lbs and 15 onces. I had a great birth, painful as it was. I had very very little bleeding afterward. After we had all the little ones meet the new baby we curled up in bed toghether and took a long nap while Dad entertained the other kiddoes.

She is now six weeks old and already 12 lbs. she is extremely fussy and demanding. I hardly ever set her down, which is fine. Just a reminder that each child is their own person and very unique.

This was our first homebirth. We kept believing we could control the hospital setting to make it what we wanted. With this baby we realized that would never happen and decide to have her in the safty of our own space. i wish we had always done it this way. It was so magical and so safe to have our youngest child only sourounded by those who love her from her first moements of life.

Mom to boys: G 7, C 5, K 4, N 3

August 6th, 2008, 11:47 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!!!
August 6th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Veteran
Wow that sounds like a great homebirth!

Oh and congrats on the healthy girl!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 9th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations that's a gorgeous story!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search