Landon Shane's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2008, 02:32 PM
srf6195's Avatar Veteran
I was scheduled for an induction on the morning of the 5th. We got to the hospital and got to the room around 7:00 am. The nurse hooked me up to the IV and started my pitocin. At the time, I was only 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced. The pitocin started working right away and I got a little uncomfortable. My doctor came in at 9:00 am to break my water but Landon was still too high so she said she would be back by lunch to break it. By 12:30 pm I was 3cm and they gave me my epidural. I handled that alot better than I thought I would, lol. So then it was just a sit and wait to progress game. Doctor came back and tried to break my water, but as she called it I had a hefty bag and could not break it. But she thought she snagged it and once I started to progress a bit more, it would break on its own. Well I moved a certain way and about an hour later and GUSH! The nurse checked me shortly after and the baby had moved back up after my water had broken and I was still a 3. Doctor came back at around 4pm and checked me, guess what! Still a 3 and baby was still really high. So then she started talking about a cesarean. That scared the daylights out of me. I had not planned on that, I knew there was a possibilty but I thought it was a very small one. She told me she would come back at 5 and if I had not progressed by then, she suggested strongly that I do the cesarean because she did not think I would progress possibly because the top of my pubic bone could have been too small for baby to move down. So then I got nervous. I told my husband I was okay with doing the c-section, that I just wanted him out healthy and safe. So at 5 she came back and I had not progressed so she brought the papers in there for me to sign and the anesthesiologist came in to give me more medicine in my epidural to numb me completely. At 6pm they wheeled me to the OR. They did all the necessary stuff to prepare for a cesarean. Then my doctor starting pinching my stomach to make sure I was numb completely. Well guess what! I wasn't. They pumped me ten, yes ten more times with the medicine. Still that one spot where she was going to cut would not numb! So she cut me half way then injected medicine into where it did not get numb, but I could still kind of feel it. It was horrible to say the least. But in just a few minutes, out came Landon and my whole world changed!! At 6:45 pm he was born. He weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 19 inches long. The most beautiful creature I had ever seen! They got me sewn back up and put me back in my room, but I didn't get to see him again until we were in our post partum room. We stayed at the hospital until Friday and came home. My mother and mother in law have helped us out tremendously. I could not be more grateful for my son and all the support we have had.
August 13th, 2008, 06:07 PM
laur2laur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what an ordeal with your c-section! He's super cute!! Congrats!
August 14th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry your induction didnt progress but I am happy that your both happy and healthy thats the most important thing! Congrats hun!

August 14th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your baby!

A lot of inductions are not successful; if that is any consolation, but glad that your baby came in the best way meant for this specific baby! ENJOY
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
August 15th, 2008, 09:27 PM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How scary that you weren't numbing in that spot! Congrats on your little boy

August 19th, 2008, 08:05 AM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, how weird/scarey/painful that you wouldn't numb. Sorry things didn't progress the way you would've liked them to, but congrats on the birth of a healthy baby boy!!

Cara's sweethearts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search