The Birth of Sebastien Carmon

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2008, 08:18 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I woke up at 6 am and talked with Kirk before he left for work.

I had woke up 2x the previous night to pee and had pain, I figure this was the start of the aches and pains I really hadn't had (which I figure I didn't have because he was breech). I told Kirk this, and that this was typical and I expected to have odd pains for the next few days to week and then have the baby. I did tell him if I called it was baby stuff, otherwise I would only text him that day.

So, I got up and got online, and then I thought about breakfast. I ended up eating an apple, wasn't really hungry. About 9am I knew this was labour day, I was about 2cm and having regular contractions about 5+ mins apart.

At about 10 I got in the shower and that was nice, and then out again. I decided to sit on my ball a while, that made them more intense, so I went and heated up my rice sock for my back, that was very nice.

About 10:30 I decided I needed to get it together as I was starting to really not like labour and wanted to run away. So, I layed down on the couch, on my side and would sleep in between and hum during the contractions (for whatever reason it was 'Little Bunny FooFoo' that I hummed). The kids were watching me and Sydney was a great little helper (I told her she is now a doula). I decided to time them and they were about 3 mins apart lasting for a minute or so.

Near 11am I thought I should go pee again, but decided to call Kirk first. I called him at 11:15am and told him "you should come home, no rush, but the kids aren't good at counter pressure and my back hurts and I need your help. We should have a baby before bed, probably before suppertime".

So I got up and went to the bathroom & eyed the shower but decided I wanted more room (stand up shower downstairs - where I was), before I went I decided to check myself again, I had a tiny lip of cervix and could feel baby somewhat, but he was really high still. So I went upstairs to the other bathroom. I got up there, looked at the tub, planned to stand in the shower in the tub. Got in, started the water, cold water (was +30C out and we don't have air conditioning and normally close all the windows and blinds in the morning when it is cool out, but I didn't do it) and got on hands and knees to the water would run on the small of my back.

I had Sydney bring me more water.

Mentally I was preparing to have this baby on my own, but I still thought there was a long way to go because he was high, somehow I forgot that multiparas (women that have had several babies) usually go fast and that a baby that is still high (minus station) didn't impact this. I also seemed to forget what I knew, that if a woman has her babies fast it is only going to be faster with subsequent children (there are always variables). I honestly believe that I didn't realize how soon it would be for a few reasons, one, that would likely cause me to panic, and the kids were with me and nobody else was there, two, having Julius was more intense, more painful, but he as born at 6am, labour started at 2am, I was exhausted and just wanted it to end. This was so much easier, more than likely cause I wasn't exhausted and cause I had to be 'Mom' as the kids needed me to do that.

Kirk got home, it was 11:55am, and he came up and saw me, said "you are close". He then went to check on the kids in the basement, gave Tylenol to Julius (he had a 39C fever) and came back. He then started to set up my inflatable pool

12:10pm "my water broke, get in here" and in he came, then I said "here comes the head" and "you better catch cause I can't!". I then rolled over and took my baby "It's a boy" I was shocked, was sure it was a girl.

We called the kids, all 4 came in and saw him and declared that he was a boy, then they questioned the umbilical cord, watched Dad cut it and went out again.

12:12pm
8lbs 13oz
20 inches
Sebastien Carmon Behrisch

I handed him to Kirk after we nursed and asked him to dry him off and told him I would be out once the placenta came. The placenta came about 40 minutes later and I inspected it, it was intact. I put it in a bowl and got out of the tub (with Kirks' help) and went to my armchair and held my new son again.

August 20th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*KSmittyAU*~
What a great story!! You are super woman Brandy!!!

Thank you Sarah (doremi) for my WONDERFUL siggy!

Kym (26); wife to Brandon(25), Mommy to Carson (2), and a child of GOD
August 20th, 2008, 10:23 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I'm glad you were able to have the kind of birth you wanted Brandy, after all the headaches with the breech presentation! Congratulations on your little boy!

August 21st, 2008, 12:26 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Brandy what a great birth story! Way to go!!!

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
August 21st, 2008, 05:23 AM
agrafius
OMGoodness Brandy. You never cease to amaze me. Your birth stories are so wonderful, I always get teary when i read them. Congratulations!
August 21st, 2008, 05:25 AM
laur2laur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing and congrats!!!
August 21st, 2008, 05:49 AM
Super Mommy
What a great birth story! Thanks so much for sharing!

Earn free Amazon gift cards with SWAGBUCKS!

August 21st, 2008, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that has to be the best birth story I have ever read! What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

August 21st, 2008, 01:18 PM
*Luv my kids*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Luv my kids* Send a message via Yahoo to *Luv my kids*
You make it sound so easy! Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 21st, 2008, 07:40 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a beautiful story! Congratulations again Brandy!

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
August 23rd, 2008, 08:39 AM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
You make it sound so easy! Congrats![/b]
My thoughts exactly. Congrats on your new little boy!

Cara's sweethearts
August 23rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amazing! Congrats again

September 6th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats!

November 10th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I noticed the new baby on your signature and just HAD to come over and read the story! Your story on the November board is still my favorite so I knew I'd like this one too. What is it with those November boys? Nolans was my most painful/intense also.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search