Travis Alex

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2008, 02:15 PM
army_wife1008's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to army_wife1008
I am FINALLY posting my birth story. I am so sorry it has taken me so long...but here goes.

So as you all know, my water broke on July 5 at about 9am. I was 19 weeks 6 days. I rushed to the ER where they told me that I would soon go into labor and deliver a tiny baby who was "non-viable" and would not survive. I asked if there was any chance of me staying pregnant long enough for my baby to be viable, and was told that if I stayed pregnant, I would most likely get an infection and they would induce my labor. I was told that termination was an option at this point but I refused. My baby was still fighting for its life and I was not about to give up on this precious child. I chose to stay on bedrest and let my body do what it was going to do. This lasted for 24 days.

On July 28th, around 8pm I started having contractions that were slightly painful. I was hoping they would subside and I went to bed. They seemed to stop for a while, but came back very regularly around 11pm. They were about every 5 minutes and were much stronger than before. I finally woke my mom up around 4 am and told her that the contractions were really strong. I was having to breath through them. At 4:30, when they were about 3-5 minutes apart, we decided to head to the hospital. I was hooked up to monitors to keep track of my contractions and monitor the baby's heartrate. I was given a drug to stop the contractions and also a large dose of antibiotics through and IV along with fluids. We were planning to have my transported to UC San Francisco. The contractions subsided for about an hour and then came back twice as strong. I was in so much pain, they checked me and I was 4 cm dialated. My doctor was immidiately called and I was prepped for an Emergency C-Section. I was terrified and upset that my baby was going to be born this early. My doctor literally came RUNNING down the hallway. They had shaved my tummy and scrubbed me for the c-sect but by the time my doc got there, about 15 minutes later, I was having SEVERE back labor and starting to feel pressure. She decided to check me before they whisked me off to the OR and I was 10cm! She told me that there was no c-section happeneing and that the baby was on its way. I was so scared. I knew he was breach and too young and I felt there was no way he would survive a traumatic vaginal birth. About 30 minutes later, I pushed out my beautiful TINY son! He came butt first, and while he was coming down the birth canal I asked my doctor if she could see the baby...she said "Yes, I can" and then I asked if he had any hair...she replied "Honey, the baby is butt first remember, and I dont see any hair on his butt." LOL. Everyone laughed. I saw him for a split second before she handed him to the 6 doctors and nurses who were waiting for him. I was crying and asking if it was a boy or a girl and if he/she was alive. It took them a couple minutes to respond to me but finally I heard..."It's a boy!" and he had gone from blue to pink. After they stabalized him, they took him away to the NICU. About 15 minutes after he was born his Daddy called. He didnt even know I was in labor. I told him I had just had our son and that he was alive! We decided to name him Travis after Joseph's best friend who was killed in Afghanistan last September. He weighed 1lb 3.5 oz and was 11 inches long. He immediately opened his eyes! I had to wait 4 hours to see him...the longest 4 hours of my life but the moment I saw that tiny baby, I was in love. He is the most amazing thing that has ever happened and I never knew that I could love someone so much.

August 21st, 2008, 03:04 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm lurking from the Feb '09 DDC among other places. I'm so impressed by your little fighter. Thoughts and prayers to your little guy that he continues to do well!

August 21st, 2008, 03:05 PM
.adi.
I just wanted to say congratulations and I'll be praying for the tiny man!
August 21st, 2008, 03:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What an amazing story Chelsea! Thanks for sharing

MEG, mama to Blake (11/18/08) and Hudson (08/11/10)

August 21st, 2008, 03:27 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
thanks for sharing that, a july birthday in the november DDC! craziness. not a day goes by that we aren't thinking of y'all!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

August 21st, 2008, 04:12 PM
Mommy to Thomas & Jakob
Thanks for telling us the whole story. I am proud to share my birthday with such a fighter.
August 21st, 2008, 04:52 PM
Super Mommy
What a beautiful story and a reminder that nobody knows better than Mommy when to give up and when to keep fighting for her little miracle!!

Thanks to I♥mybabyboy08 for the awesome Siggy!!

August 21st, 2008, 05:26 PM
Veteran
What a beautiful story!!! I am sitting here at my desk and have tears in my eyes. I'm so inspired that you never even considered once giving up on your LO. You're a great mommy! You're all in my T&P!

August 21st, 2008, 06:14 PM
iheartaddi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That was a great story Chelsea. I'm glad that 3 weeks later, your hubby finally got to see him and he is still fighting strong. He truly is our DDC miracle!!

August 21st, 2008, 07:13 PM
whodatmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chelsea, thank you for sharing your birth story with us. I had no idea he was born butt first. Kudos to your doc for providing some much needed comic relief during an extremely stressful moment. Sounds like you had an amazing team attending your birth. We pray for Travis every day. I can't wait to see the fist pics of you holding him kangaroo style. Even more, I look forward to seeing pics of the day you and Joe bring him home. Travis is and always has been a little fighter. He is gonna surprise us all and end up outweighing all the November born babies. You just wait and see!

August 22nd, 2008, 07:39 AM
petalstarlace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both of you are so strong, thanks so much for sharing!

August 22nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
cadjma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cadjma
I am crying tears of joy for you & your little miracle baby! Your story is truly amazing Chelsea! I am so happy your little man is such a fighter! You are a wonderful mommy!

Maile 10/22/04 Aubrie 11/03/08 Gabbie 08/28/10

August 22nd, 2008, 12:01 PM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chelsea thank you for sharing! omg this story had me choked up! I had no idea he was born butt first either!! i'm soo glad he's such a little fighter and you never gave up on him! You're such an amazing mommy! Travis will continue to be in my thoughts! Keep fighting lil travis!

August 22nd, 2008, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What an amazing and heartwarming story : ) Thanks for sharing! I am so happy that you have a little fighter with you! Can't wait to see more pics!
August 22nd, 2008, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story... we are all so proud of you guys!!!!

Chelsie - 8/14/1995, Ty - 9/11/03, Chase - 11/20/2008
August 22nd, 2008, 02:13 PM
aletas2boys's Avatar Super Mommy
What an amazing birth story. Travis is in my thoughts and prayers.

August 22nd, 2008, 07:30 PM
Proud Mommy to Brandon
Thanks for sharing, Chelsea. Your family are in our thoughts and prayers. I am in awe of your strength, I can see where little Travis got it from. Goodluck and hope Travis gets stronger and bigger everyday.

x7
August 22nd, 2008, 08:40 PM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your birth story left me in tears, you and your little man are so strong and I am so glad that your little miracle is doing so well. Your family is in our constant prayers, he is a beautiful little boy and I cannot wait to see pictures of little Travis when he gets all of his cute baby fat!

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC
August 22nd, 2008, 10:55 PM
Showbiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have chills! What a great story!

Oh my gosh you totally conveyed in your story how much WAITING you had to do to know ANYTHING. I can't imagine giving birth and waiting for the word on not only the gender, but whether he was alive! Then another 4 hours... You must have been so scared! Good work Mommy! One day Travis will be totally astonished at how he came into the world!

August 23rd, 2008, 01:05 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm a lurker, I'm so amazed you were able to keep him in for nearly a month after your water broke. Thank you for sharing. t&p to your little fighter.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search