Maggie Lynne

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Tuesday August 19th I had a scheduled repeat c/s. My surgery was scheduled for 8 am and we were to report to registration at 6. Once we did all the paperwork at registration we had a nurse walk us up to l&d and brought me into my room. I got changed into my gown and all settled and then I had a nurse come in and ask me what seemed like a million and one questions. She then drew some blood, started my IV and told me I could get my catheter then or wait until I was numb and get it in the OR..of course I opted to wait until I was numb. at this point the nurse that we had when I fell down the stairs and went to l&d poked her head in and said "hey i know you!"..well she became my nurse at this point and said they werent too busy yet that morning so she would be able to go into the OR with me and everything! I was really excited about this because she was so nice and seemed so caring. After this we waited for what seemed like forever and at about 7:50 they finally came and told me they were ready and we walked to the OR.
Once I got there I waited outside the operating room on a bed while i met the anesthesiologist and signed even more paperwork and got asked the same questions again. Finally they said they were ready for me and wheeled me into the OR. DH had to wait out in the little room until my spinal was in and working. This is when things went a little funky. I got on the table and they did my spinal. That part wasnt bad, it didnt hurt as bad as I remember it hurting and the nurse I had talked to me through it all. After it was in i laid on the table and they told me they would be nice and not strap my hands down , they put up the curtain and my dr came in. At this point they used a sharp needle like thing to poke me to see if I was numb..well I was not. Only my legs were completely numb, i could still feel everything in my tummy area. So they said they would wait a few minutes..tried again, still not numb. at this point i am starting to worry and start to shake and cry. They paged the head anesthesiologist and he came in and started talking to my dr about options. They told me they might have to put me to sleep and i started freaking out even more..i did NOT want to miss the birth of my daughter! Finally they decided to try a local anesthetic near my incision area and a few minutes later i heard my dr announce that he started the incision. I wasnt feeling any pain so i started to relax and they brought andy in. About 5 minutes later i heard them suction my water and they told me I would feel a lot of pressure, then I heard a nurse say "I see a ton of dark hair!" then more pressure and andy stood up and said "shes here!" My dr. immediatly said "She is just beautiful!" Then I heard her cry. It was one of the most amazing moments of my life. A huge wave of happiness and relief just washed over me. I started to sob and they carried her around the curtain and I got my first look at my beautiful little girl. I thought I would burst with happiness. They then brought her to the warmer and they told me she looked healthy and pink and would not need to go to the nicu at all. It was such a relief because we had no idea what to expect when she came out. A few minutes later she was cleaned up and swaddled and her daddy carried her over to me. I swear I must of kissed her 100 times. She was just gorgeous..big beautiful blue eyes, tons of dark hair, a dimple in the chin, she looked pink and healthy..I couldnt believe she was really here. After a few minutes they told Andy it was time for him to go to the nursery with her so off they went while my dr finished with my surgery. This was the worst part because by this point the local anesthsia they gave me had pretty much worn off and my spinal still was not completely working so as they were putting my uterus back in I felt more than i should have. Needless to say i was one happy girl when I was wheeled to recovery and that was over.
They brought her back to me in recovery about a half hour later and I got to breastfeed her and cuddle with her. I couldnt believe how tiny she was!! She was so much smaller than the boys were..we laughed so hard when they gave her a pacifier and it was bigger than her face! Later that day they came to get her for her echocardiogram and her ultrasound of her spleen and then came in and said everything went fine and she was perfect..her heart looked perfect and her spleen was not enlarged. So far it seems that the only reminder we have of her cyst is some extra neck skin that we hardly even notice.
So far she is an amazing baby, we hardly ever hear her cry..even when she wakes up hungry at night she doesnt even cry, just kinda squeaks until I get up. She loves to look at her big brothers and just seems so content all the time. She is such a special little lady to us and I dont know what we ever did without her in our lives!!!
August 29th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats on the new baby
August 29th, 2008, 05:40 PM
melshipp's Avatar Co-Host of Single Mommies
Send a message via Yahoo to melshipp
COngrats on your little girl!

Big Big Thanks to SugarPie Landen for my siggie!

August 29th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I have tears in my eyes I'm so happy for you and your family. You guys are so blessed. Congrats on your beautiful, healthy baby girl!

August 30th, 2008, 06:59 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw, congrats again!!

August 30th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the birth of Maggie Lynne!!!! She is gorgeous!!!!!!
August 30th, 2008, 06:20 PM
laurag146's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!!! She sounds like such a sweet little thing!

Thank you ~*Helen*~ for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search