Addison's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I went in for my regular appt. on 8/26 and saw a doc I was not familiar with. I began telling him that I was trying for a vbac, etc. but he was pretty upset that I had wanted to being I was already over due and she was estimated to be a big baby. After some discussing and crying we scheduled a c-section for the following day.....

I came in to the hospital at 7:30am, after being awake basically all night from worrying, being upset with the decision and also anxious that I was finally going to meet my second baby girl....

I was prepped, asked a million questions and set up on the monitors until I was scheduled to go back which was 9:30am..... 9:30 came and went and a few emergencies went ahead of me. Finally, around noon I walked back. This was odd because I was wheeled back with the emergency for my eldest dd, sat up on the table bent over with nurses helping me and the spinal was placed. It wasn't bad until he pushed it a little deeper which made me jump a bit because it wasnt fully numb and that made me nervous but it was all ok.....

Most people say it takes effect immediately, but I could still move my legs and toes and was kinda freaking out, then about 5 minutes later it felt warm and then hit me all at once, they began to work quickly put the sheet up washed my stomach,etc. Then my blood pressure dropped to the 60's-80's range because I felt extremely sick and jittery and just not right, I told them and they put meds in to help and let me know what the problem was. At this point my DB was by my side. I was freaking out on the inside because of the numbness and pressure in my chest and air tubes in my nose but I concentrated on my breathing and listening to my DB and things were going smoother..... He was being so wonderful and when I would close my eyes or look away he would say no baby look right into my eyes, we made this beautiful baby and she is almost here! He was so perfect and I couldnt have asked him to be better during those moments and I will never forget those words.... Soon after we heard a little whimper and we were looking at each other and we both gasped and broke down into tears at the same time. It was beautiful! Then she started wailing and all the nurses were talking about how big she was and all her hair and how long her eye lashes were and I felt so much better, I didnt have to concentrate on feeling the pressure or breathing anymore because I was so full of questions, like was her color good, who did she look like, how big was she.... I was crying and all the nurses said they had to turn away because my DB was crying and praying so hard they got\]}
teary eyed....

DB went with her and they took about 15 minutes to stitch me all up and do all the countings, I was wheeled off to Rec. for about an hour and DB would pop in and out and tell me stats,etc. She was 8lbs 3oz 20inches with lots of hair.... I was suprised because she was exactly 2lbs more than my eldest dd.... Soon I was wheeled into our room and had my mom and his parents there but the baby was still being bathed, they brought her back in about 15 minutes later and we nursed and passed her around and everyone was happy to finally get to see and hold her...

Although I am dissapointed that I didnt get to vbac and thats probably my last chance I am thankful that god gave me a healthy baby girl and allowed the surgery to go as well as it did.... We are breastfeeding and its going well and all is great...... I am so in love with my family and couldnt imagine my life any different!

September 1st, 2008, 04:49 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Congratulations on your daughter's birth. I'm glad everything went so well!

September 4th, 2008, 06:29 PM
*Luv my kids*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Luv my kids* Send a message via Yahoo to *Luv my kids*
Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 6th, 2008, 08:16 AM
carmen0609's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to carmen0609
Congrats!! Im from the April 09 board and just looking around here to see the new babies! Your birthstory made me cry, at the point where your db said all that about making a beautiful baby girl and looking at him, it sounds like it was sooo sweet!!!

September 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM
laur2laur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Amy!!
September 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your new baby girl I'm glad the surgery went well--your DB sounds so sweet.

September 6th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*KSmittyAU*~
Congrats!!

Addison was the exact same weight and length as Carson!!!

Thank you Sarah (doremi) for my WONDERFUL siggy!

Kym (26); wife to Brandon(25), Mommy to Carson (2), and a child of GOD

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search