My beautiful baby girl

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
09/02/08
7 lbs. 9 oz.
20.5 inches long

On Sunday morning I woke up with contractions. I also had a bloody show when I went to the bathroom.I was so excited because I thought for sure I'd be having my baby that day! I was having them 5-20 minutes apart. I looked it up online and it said I was in the beginning stage of labor. The contractions were coming regularly for a few hours but then they started getting irregular and sometimes further apart. I was a little disappointed but figured that they would start getting more regular soon. I went to church and out to lunch, even though I was pretty uncomfortable. I had contractions that whole day but they never got regular. They were everywhere from 5-30 minutes apart. On Sunday night the contractions started becoming unbearable. I was getting them about 5-10 minutes apart and feeling them also in my back. They were extremely painful. I tried getting on my hands and knees when I'd get one because I knew my baby was in the posterior position and I read that you needed to get her off your spine when you were contracting, but nothing seemed to help. I had them all night. I was so frustrated and tired. I barely slept at all. I would fall asleep for ten minutes and wake up with another horrible contraction. I called my doctors office to talk to the after hours receptionist to see when I was able to go into the hospital because I was in so much pain and she told me she'd page the doctor but he never called me back. Monday morning came and I was so tired out and sick of feeling so much pain for so long without anything happening. I got ahold of the on-call doctor (Monday was a holiday). He said I couldn't go to the hospital unless my water broke or my contractions were 5 minutes or less apart for an hour. Of course, mine were still 5-10 minutes apart. I labored all day Monday. It was SO uncomfortable. Back labor is way different than I ever imagined. The contractions are in your stomach AND your back. It is incredibly painful. Finally, around 6:20 P.M. the contractions got gradually closer and closer together. Around 8 P.M. my husband came home from work and we got our things together to go to the hospital. They checked me when I got there and I was dilated 3 cm. The nurse said that I either can go home or I can walk around for an hour and see if I progress anymore. Of course, I chose to walk around for an hour. I did NOT want to go home and labor anymore! Nolan and I walked around the hospital floor for an hour and we prayed a lot! When they re-checked me an hour later, I had progressed to 4 cm. The nurse said she was going to call the doctor (the on-call doctor since my regular doctor was out of town for the holiday weekend) to see what he whether or not he wanted to admit me. I was so scared he was going to say no, so of course we prayed about that, too, and thankfully he said to admit me and just let me labor all night by myself because my doctor would be able to come into the hospital in the morning. So, I got finally got admitted! They said I could have my epidural whenever I wanted it and since the contractions were getting even stronger by then, I opted to get it as soon as I got checked in. It was a little scary because I don't like not having control of my body and I felt really weird being numb, but it was really nice not having to deal with the contractions I'd been feeling for so long. After I got used to the idea of it and Nolan comforted me, I finally felt much better. I was able to talk with Nolan and not be irritable and moody anymore. It was really nice. The nurse checked me a few times throughout the night . I dilated to 6 cm on my own but wasn't making anymore progress. The nurse said I can either have pitocin or they can call the doctor in to break my water. I asked her which she thought would be best and she said she thought all I needed was for my water to break and then I would be able to have the baby. So I said okay and they called the doctor in and he broke my water. After that, I progressed pretty quickly to 10 cm. Around then, even with the epidural, I started feeling my contractions again, especially in my back. The doctor told the nurse to just let me "labor down", which meant he wanted me to just labor without pushing even when I was dilated to 10 cm. I did that for a few hours, trying to fall asleep in between contractions. My doctor finally called and said she'd be there in a few minutes, so I started pushing with the nurse around 12:30 pm. My back labor started getting painful again. My doctor came in and I kept on pushing with her. The contractions starting getting really intense and a lot more painful. It was so weird because I had the epidural but it was like it didn't even work for me, then. I knew exactly when the contractions were coming and when I needed to push. Pushing was so difficult and tiring. I was crying because I was in so much pain again. I pushed for almost two hours before my baby girl finally came into the world. I ended up getting an episiotomy because there was no way she was coming out without it. I expected pushing to be no big deal and crying out of happiness when they put my little girl on my chest, but I was just sobbing because I was so relieved that it was all finally over. It was so different than I thought. Labor was a nightmare for me. I just couldn't stop crying because I was so tired and exhausted. I could barely keep my eyes open for hours after the delivery. I was so faint and weak from going through all of that and not eating or sleeping for a few days. But now it's finally over and I have my beautiful baby girl. I can't say I'd do it again yet, but everyone says you forget all about labor after a bit and all you can remember is your wonderful baby. We'll see if that's what happens to me.

Last edited by Miracle; June 4th, 2009 at 10:41 PM.
September 3rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
Wow you really went through hell. I am sorry you had such a hard time.

I am so happy she is here now.
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
September 3rd, 2008, 07:04 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that your labour was so long and not a good experience. Your daughter is beautiful and I hope that when you look at her, the joy you now feel will make up for the "not-so-good" experience.

Congrats on your beautiful little girl!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
September 3rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww...hunny, I feel for you. I had horrendous back labor with Zack too, it really is the worst pain in the world, I'm so sorry you had to experience that. I'm really really glad that you were able to give birth vaginally though.

September 3rd, 2008, 07:22 PM
BambolinaItaliana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Huge congratz, hun!!!!! and don't worry you will forget about it soon enough!!!!!!!! enjoy your little girl!!!!!

[/url]<a href="http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</a>
x7
September 3rd, 2008, 07:52 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
You did great Melissa Congrats on your baby girl!
September 3rd, 2008, 08:11 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Just popping in from the Sept 07 PR and the WTTC forum.. I just wanted to stop by and say CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you.. I'm sorry your labor was not that great.. You'll forget it over time.. Trust me, you will.. My labor with Adriana lasted 32 hours and I'm already thinking about having #2.. lol

September 3rd, 2008, 08:53 PM
laurag146's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had such a hard labor, you did such a great job dealing with it though. Your little girl is beautiful!

Thank you ~*Helen*~ for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!!!!

September 3rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry that your labor was difficult but you did do a great job! I'm happy your little girl is finally here!
September 3rd, 2008, 09:47 PM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations, hon! I'm sorry labor was so rough for you, but your baby girl is beautiful!

September 3rd, 2008, 11:27 PM
Angelaosaurus-rex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You poor thing that sound just awful!!! But you did an amazing job!!! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl !

Thanks so much to Helen for my beautiful siggy

September 4th, 2008, 04:35 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your baby girl!!!

September 4th, 2008, 04:40 AM
punkrawkmom44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to punkrawkmom44
Congrats, sorry you had such a hard time.

My Blog

September 4th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you had such a hard time with it, but that's awesome that you got through it! Now you get to forget about all that pain and just enjoy your baby!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
September 4th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Congrats Melissa!!
I'm sorry about your difficult labor but so happy for you that your little girl is finally here...and she has a beautiful name
September 4th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that! I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. Hopefully you can just enjoy this time with your new little girl now that she's finally here!

September 4th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your little girl. I think she looks like you!
September 4th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Melissa, she is sooo beautiful hun!!!! Im sorry you had a bad labor!*HUGS*
September 4th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to namesignhk
hi there popping in from the Dec ddc ... my first baby is on the way and I am expecting a lot of back labor sad to hear it's going to be no fun! Congrats on your pretty baby though!

September 4th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Melissa!! She is just beautiful!
Sorry you had such a rough go... you did great though, and just look at the end result!

God, I wanted to sit my son on my knee and tell him all about you,
But since I never had the chance... Could you sit him on yours and tell him all about me?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search